Disgusterous

Author Topic: John Sergeant  (Read 6934 times)

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
Re: John Sergeant
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »
I thought that next of kin could be whoever was nominated by the deceased (before they died obviously) in a will or somesuch ???
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2008, 11:38:45 AM »
If I was planning an accident I wouldn't be concerned about hospitals would I!  eveilgrin:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
We got engaged because I sort of wanted to know he was serious, seeing as we had just rather drifted along for three/four years without much of a plan.

We will probably get married at some point just to make it easier legally and finanancially not for the wedding which seems to have been the case with a lot of our friends.

Same here, buying the engagement ring was a bit like putting a deposit down. 2010 seems like a good year for us to finally tie the knot, but as you say, there's no pressure.

Exactly! Sort of making your intentions known! Everyone has stopped asking us about it now.  lol:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »
Mr Wench and I have lived together since before we were together. We got engaged because I sort of wanted to know he was serious, seeing as we had just rather drifted along for three/four years without much of a plan.

We will probably get married at some point just to make it easier legally and finanancially not for the wedding which seems to have been the case with a lot of our friends.

Actually the way the tax regime is set up you would do better not to marry ~ particularly if you hope to have children. Married couples are penalised all ways via the tax system. Legally, nowadays, you have little to gain from marriage as long as you both make a will leaving any assets to one another.

TBH my main concern is that if something happened to Mr Wench medically, legally MILFH would be the next of kin. She would then be the one making decisions and would be able to ban me from the hospital.

NO! He can name you as his next of kin on admission to hospital ~ if you fear that he would be incapable of so doing, in an emergency like, then get thee to a solicitor (Commissioner for Oaths) and get a piece of paper sworn by Mr Wench stating that you are his next of kin. Simple really.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »
Seriously ~ marriage plus children will cost you £thousands in taxes, loss of allowances etc. There is no gain to be had from marriage as far as HM Government is concerned.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2008, 11:42:47 AM »
ANd make sure he takes out life insurance too  eveilgrin:

Or take it out on him, on the quiet  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
Mr Wench and I have lived together since before we were together. We got engaged because I sort of wanted to know he was serious, seeing as we had just rather drifted along for three/four years without much of a plan.

Actually the way the tax regime is set up you would do better not to marry ~ particularly if you hope to have children. Married couples are penalised all ways via the tax system. Legally, nowadays, you have little to gain from marriage as long as you both make a will leaving any assets to one another.

TBH my main concern is that if something happened to Mr Wench medically, legally MILFH would be the next of kin. She would then be the one making decisions and would be able to ban me from the hospital.

NO! He can name you as his next of kin on admission to hospital ~ if you fear that he would be incapable of so doing, in an emergency like, then get thee to a solicitor (Commissioner for Oaths) and get a piece of paper sworn by Mr Wench stating that you are his next of kin. Simple really.

Interesting I didn't know that was a possibility! I just assumed it wasn't. I clearly need to do more research on this matter.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2008, 11:44:22 AM »
ANd make sure he takes out life insurance too  eveilgrin:

Or take it out on him, on the quiet  eveilgrin:

1st suggestion is sensible

2nd suggestion is illegal  whistle:

Online Nick

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2008, 11:45:21 AM »
And buy a canoe

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2008, 11:46:12 AM »
Seriously ~ marriage plus children will cost you £thousands in taxes, loss of allowances etc. There is no gain to be had from marriage as far as HM Government is concerned.

That's why my daughter & her partner still 'live in sin' even though they have the most gorgeous, talented, intellegent 18 month old daughter on this planet.
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Online Nick

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »
 eeek:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Online Nick

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »
I suppose he has a snorkel

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2008, 02:12:32 PM »
Very disturbing wedding snaps  scared2:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Online Nick

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »
The bridesmaids!  eeek: