Disgusterous

Author Topic: The All new "Are you pissed off with being a parent?" thread  (Read 1704 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
The All new "Are you pissed off with being a parent?" thread
« on: November 26, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »
Of course chidlren are endlessly amusing and a source of joy to all of us.

NOT.

I recall a prog on Radio 4 a few years back when parents started to confessing that they wished they had never had kids. Caused a storm.

Well, I am not a Panda or  white tiger either, for that matter.NO danger of us dying out through scarcity (and would it matter anyhoo?)

NO. From where I sit, it's expensive, thankless and involves a huge amount of unrewarded taxi driving , washing, cooking, food buying and countless other shite. Then more expense when the buggers leave home, I am told.

I may start a poll  evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: The All new "Are you pissed off with being a parent?" thread
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
Seconded  cry:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »
I love my all of children equally and without reserve ~ I don't like them much

I would give my life for my children without hesitation ~ I don't like them much

I do everything I possibly can to help my children build a good life for themselves ~ I don't like them very much

Then a little boy will take my hand, look up at me and say "I love you Dad" and my heart breaks ~ but I still don't like them very much.

There is nothing likeable about children ~ without them I would be richer but my life would be poorer.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Nick

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »
Miss D  cloud9:

Snoopy. Get pairing socks  evil:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »

I would give my life for my children without hesitation ~ I don't like them much

I do everything I possibly can to help my children build a good life for themselves ~ I don't like them very much

Then a little boy will take my hand, look up at me and say "I love you Dad" and my heart breaks ~ but I still don't like them very much.

There is nothing likeable about children ~ without them I would be richer but my life would be poorer.

happ096

Nick and Miss D, shame on you both.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Online Nick

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 05:43:02 PM »
ARSE. Spag bol. Taxi. Money. Taxi, Feed. Wash. Sleep. Taxi. Taxi.Werk. Taxi

evil: evil: evil:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »
Nick and Miss D, shame on you both.  noooo:

Honesty DS is always the best policy  lol:

If I didn't care then I wouldn't be so pissed off - I would just let her run the streets like a feral animal and not have the continous arguments and challenges that are a daily feature of pre adolescent life with my daughter.

However agree with Snoops - it is the smallest sign that all the efforts you put in do have an impact - no matter how big or small - that makes the difference , that and vodka  lol:
Skubber

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »
Can non parents air their views?  whistle:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »
Best part of parenthood is when you take em off to uni at 18, or buy em a suitable suitcase for there 18th, two of mine went off to uni and aint come back....oh i love my kids so much!! tis lovely when they visit me but lovely when they go....
too old for all the hassle of it now so glad i done it an me is still only young to still young enought to enjoy myself... cloud9:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »
Can non parents air their views?  whistle:

Of course ~ more than welcome in my opinion.

Parenting is for some a choice, for others an accident and for some it is not always possible. However we all have had parents and I know from my own experience that I swore that many of the things my parents said and did I would never do. Unfortunately we all end up like our own parents. We also all have strong views and a different perspective is always welcome. I personally have been a parent since 1st April 1968 and I still have no idea what I am doing. The biggest problem with children is that they don't come with instructions ~ but being a man I wouldn't read them if they did.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:06:08 PM by Snoopy »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:14 PM »

Very well said Snoops, or did you nick all that from some parenting website? scared:

I've just had a massive blow out with my daughter, probably on about 9 out of 10 on the anger scale. Called her several unsavoury names and had to walk out before I said anything else tbh. It was very unpleasant, and as usual, all over nothing of any importance.
It's the shouting and slamming of doors that does my head in, and that's when I start getting agitated.
All calm now, and apologies for words said on both sides that were said in hasty anger.
My face is still glowing though, and my throat is raw. ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
Best part of parenthood is when you take em off to uni at 18, or buy em a suitable suitcase for there 18th, two of mine went off to uni and aint come back....oh i love my kids so much!! tis lovely when they visit me but lovely when they go....
too old for all the hassle of it now so glad i done it an me is still only young to still young enought to enjoy myself... cloud9:

Oh wait until they have children of their own ~ they'll be back.
I now get calls complaining about "Your Granddaughter" ~ I let Mrs S#2 answer those as she is not the child's grandmother. My telling my daughter that I have had no hand in the raising of the teenager she is complaining about and that any problems are of her own making falls on deaf ears. Mrs S#2 is somewhat more sympathetic.
As I said before I don't really like children very much. TBH I don't like them at all.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »

Very well said Snoops, or did you nick all that from some parenting website? scared:

I've just had a massive blow out with my daughter, probably on about 9 out of 10 on the anger scale. Called her several unsavoury names and had to walk out before I said anything else tbh. It was very unpleasant, and as usual, all over nothing of any importance.
It's the shouting and slamming of doors that does my head in, and that's when I start getting agitated.
All calm now, and apologies for words said on both sides that were said in hasty anger.
My face is still glowing though, and my throat is raw. ::)

All my own work I'm afraid ~ my In Laws are scandalised that I say I don't like children. My children cheerfully accept the fact.
I know the sort of ruck you mean. Kids, especially teenagers have to push the boundaries ~ we did and I can see no reason why they shouldn't enjoy the same privilege BUT they have to be prepared to accept the consequences. My constant mantra is "No rights without responsibilities" ~ closely followed by the final "I'm paying and what I say goes".

My ex wife always ended all arguments with the children with the words "Because I said so and I'm bigger than you" followed by a resounding slap around the ear. I have not yet resorted to that although, unlike her, I am much bigger than any of my children and carry a very heavy slap. The heavy slap is only used very occasionally and always when least expected  eveilgrin:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 10:17:17 AM »
I was only slapped by my Mum once. In a supermarket. Apparently I was hysterical. I was 16.  redface:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20:41 AM »
I was only slapped by my Mum once. In a supermarket. Apparently I was hysterical. I was 16.  redface:

16  eeek: eeek: eeek:

Did you just find out Cadbury's weren't going to be making Wispa's anymore  lol:
Skubber