Disgusterous

Author Topic: Flippin' stupid.  (Read 975 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Flippin' stupid.
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »
Let me see if I have this, in order to make late night Torbay a safer place you are going to spend £30,000 of taxpayers money in order to give boozed up morons free flip flops as they may struggle in high heels?

Im sorry but if you are stupid enough to get totally plastered after putting high heels on then natural selection deserves to take its course.

Late night revellers in a Devon resort are being offered flip-flops to help them get home.

Police in Torquay say it makes it easier for women, rather than struggling along in high heels.

Campaigners The Taxpayers' Alliance said the £30,000 cost of the scheme was an "idiotic waste of money".

Police say it is part of a wider package of the measures including advice on safer sex and a police team who have reduced crime.

The flip-flops, which will be given out from December, will have messages about safe alcohol limits printed on them.

The footwear will be paid for by £30,000 of funding secured from the Home Office by Safer Communities Torbay, an alliance of local authority, police and health services.

The scheme is the latest late-night policing idea in Torbay where "mop cops" order people who urinate in the street to clean up after themselves.

Matthew Elliott of the Taxpayers' Alliance said: "This is an idiotic waste of money.

"People don't pay taxes for drunk women to get free flip-flops, they want police to fight crime.

"Police aren't there to be an emergency supply of flat shoes."

Supt Chris Singer, Torbay Police Commander, said the flip-flops were part of a wider campaign to make the area safer at night.

These included extra officers on duty at night in the harbour area and safer-sex advice, as well as the "mop cops".

He said: "I would be surprised if the cost of the flip-flops was more than £200.

"This is part of a forward-thinking, innovative partnership to make it a safer place to be."
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: Flippin' stupid.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »

Im sorry but if you are stupid enough to get totally plastered after putting high heels on then natural selection deserves to take its course.

redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
High heels...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:50:53 AM »
High heels...  cloud9:

And that would be why women wear them!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »
Fair enough Wenchy but if you know how much of a balancing act they need when you are sober why do women get so tanked up that they couldnt balance in a pair ot trainers never mind high heels?
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »
Fair enough Wenchy but if you know how much of a balancing act they need when you are sober why do women get so tanked up that they couldnt balance in a pair ot trainers never mind high heels?
No doubt it is the female equivalent of beer goggles...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 10:01:45 AM »

I thought that was wine glasses.  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »

That's it Uncle!  happy088
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:41 AM »

lol: Comes to the same thing next morning when you see it on the pillow next to you  sick2:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »

Because it is the way of the world. It has ever been thus and ever this it shall be. I often used to walk home barefoot.  redface: Less to do with inability to balance and more to do with the total agony my feet were in though. But I spent my last four years of school in four inch heels and could run in them sober, drunk or stoned so perhaps I had had more practice than most.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 10:26:45 AM »

Because it is the way of the world. It has ever been thus and ever this it shall be. I often used to walk home barefoot.  redface: Less to do with inability to balance and more to do with the total agony my feet were in though. But I spent my last four years of school in four inch heels and could run in them sober, drunk or stoned so perhaps I had had more practice than most.

Well I can't speak for the others but you certainly had more practice than me.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.