Author Topic: 'umped up me hill.  (Read 2544 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
'umped up me hill.
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »
As the weather was beautiful yesterday, I decided on Saturday night that I'd make the effort and get up very early to walk up me'ill to watch the sunrise and take a few piccies.  cloud9:
After 20 minutes of chipping away at the ice on the windscreen, I finally got on my way, arriving at the car park with just 40 minutes to spare before sunrise.
I noticed with suprise that a couple of cars were already there....someone with similar idea to me presumably.

With the top in sight in the distance, I saw a couple walking down. As I got closer, i also noticed these two blokes had a dog with them off the lead, presumably so it could go shitting in the undergrowth without them having to worry about cleaning up.
Quite close to them now, and this half cast poodle thing saw me, and promptly came bounding along, lept at my leg, and immediately starting humping me, dirty bastard. cussing:
A swift tap with my free foot directed at its nuts soon had it whimpering away from me.
The owner merely grinned at me with a half hearted apology, bloody arse hole. evil:

S'pose I should be at least semi grateful that at least something likes me? ::)

Apart from that, very pleasant.
Camera is shite though and  the re-chargeable batteries failed after 3 piccies, and 2 other old gits got in the way of what would have been a fantastic picture.
You'd think at 8:00am on a Sunday morning I could be entitled to a bit of peace and quiet on a remote hill ey? Banghead

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: 'umped up me hill.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:27:29 AM »
I should like it placed on the record that I was nowhere near the place at the time and I have witnesses.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:44:54 AM »
I should like it placed on the record that I was nowhere near the place at the time and I have witnesses.
I WAS seriously pissed off Snoop, and not in the slightest amused.
 You can't go anywhere now without someone or something spoiling your little piece of enjoyment, which is precious to me.
Get enough shite all day long here at home and at work ffs, so it's my little way of getting some respite, and I value it....greatly.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
I thought you wanted a man dog?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »
I thought you wanted a man dog?

No. I REALLY don't fancy you. noooo:

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
You were asking about a year ago!  ::)

Getting your leg shagged goes with the territory.  ::)

Next door's Labradoodle had a try at me the other day  evil:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »
You were asking about a year ago!  ::)

Getting your leg shagged goes with the territory.  ::)

Next door's Labradoodle had a try at me the other day  evil:

Bloody hate it I do, and also when they come sniffin' at your kecks too, dirty gets. No scruples at all.
No. Don't want a dog now. However i daresay the subject will be broached again next April when Mini Moose does her werk experience at some posh dogs kennels, complete with tv lounge and 4 poster beds for the pampered little slobbery sods. eeek:

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
I know the very one!! They have Dog Apartments  point:

We could book in there when the Mrs s get cross!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »
You would be pissed off Growler and rightly so but you have to remember that Denbighshire County Council actively promote Moel Famau as a tourist attraction. Hence the Country Park at the foot of it, the (newly extended) car parks at the top of it, the signs pointing the way to it, the maps showing the walking routes from it that are stuck on boards in those car parks, the explanation boards telling you what you can expect to find on these walks and the obvious signs of constant attention to ensure "H&S" on the hill. Add to all the foregoing the fact that it is on this very mountain that the good citizens chose to erect a monument, "The Jubilee Tower", built to commemorate the golden jubilee of George III in 1810, it is no surprise that people will be there, at whatever time you visit.

That their dogs are not leashed and under control is deplorable .... again there are enough signs telling dog owners that their animals should be on a lead.

There are other and much more isolated moors, hills etc within 10 miles of Famau. Places that we go to (and remember we are confined to the car as I cannot walk up hills) and others where the family can walk for hours with seeing anyone whilst I wait in the car with a book.

I know you love Moel Famau but frankly you are seldom if ever going to be alone up there.

PS Part of the Teenage Hormone Wreck's work experience this year (she spent a fortnight with the County Archeologist) was leading groups on walks up there and she also helped with the placement of the information boards etc. It is intended as a tourist trap.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:14:59 AM by Snoopy »

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »
Unless he snarls  angel1

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 11:27:08 AM »
Thanks for that Snoop.
Yes, I'm fully aware of the places popularity, and that is why I try to avoid it at weekends and during good weather generally.
However, it's a damned good walk that can really test you when you do it against the clock, and with views from the top that are undeniably amongst the very best anywhere in the country....imo.
I also have very peronal reasons for loving the place, as it was the first memeories that I have of hillwalking with my dad, whose ashes are scattered in an 'off the main track' and remote part of the hill that only I and my family know about.

I started a little forum dedicated to the place a couple of months ago.
So far just me and Mini Moose are members. lol:

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 11:30:34 AM »
 happy100

We go sledging there ( evil:)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »
Went up there at 11:00pm one freezing cold calm full moon lit night in November 2006, and didn't see a soul.
Bloody spooky as hell, but equally unbelievably gorgeous.

A few rustling sounds in the undergrowth put the willies up me a bit mind. scared2:
Must do it again sometime. Fancy a pint up there with me Nick..coffee that is.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 11:41:52 AM »
The spooky noises are undoubtably sheep. They sometimes cough .... sounds just like a person. Very frightening until you get used to it.

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »
Went up there at 11:00pm one freezing cold calm full moon lit night in November 2006, and didn't see a soul.
Bloody spooky as hell, but equally unbelievably gorgeous.

A few rustling sounds in the undergrowth put the willies up me a bit mind. scared2:
Must do it again sometime. Fancy a pint up there with me Nick..coffee that is.

Fancy a sniff of my cake?