Author Topic: New PC  (Read 6096 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: New PC
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »
Tesco's also tend to have a decent range it at the moment both laptops and desktops.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »
Those baby dells are pretty good. We've had previous versions of them. I've got my old work one at home now. And they seem to come in pretty colours!  cloud9:
The Baby Dell thing at PC world seems a bargain actually...  rubschin:

Considering the size of the screen they are throwing in yes it does rather. However, trying to find dells in stock at pc world is sometimes challenging. If I were in the market for a new pc I would deffo go for that deal.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 03:12:30 PM »
The only thing I don't like about the baby Dell's is that judging from thier size, upgrading them is going to be at best difficult which can affect the longevity of the machine, depending on what its used for.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:48 PM »
Why not come over, have a look at Tesco, Asda and Toys R Us etc and then decide.
They are all much of a muchness as you know. It depends on the deal of the week. You can save £ssssss Just looking in those three stores and comparing prices on a like for like basis ~ also they are all so desperate for sales there are deals to be had everywhere, if you are willing to bargain. Go for a Dell and you'll get fvck all knocked off but buy a Toshiba or HP or Acer from the stores I have named and you are virtually guaranteed to walk out with something at least £50 under the ticket price or with a "free printer" or similar. They are damn nearly giving them away ~ which was not the case when I bought mine  evil:

In fact Carphone Warehouse are giving laptops away if you are prepared to sign up to a mobile deal at £35 a month for FOUR years ~ you also get the mobile phone, broadband etc. Mind you ~ Anyone stupid enough to sign up to pay £1680 for a mobile phone to get a "free" laptop deserves all they get IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:44:43 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 03:45:31 PM »
Why not come over, have a look at Tesco, Asda and Toys R Us etc and then decide.
They are all much of a muchness as you know. It depends on the deal of the week. You can save £ssssss Just looking in those three stores and comparing prices on a like for like basis ~ also they are all so desperate for sales there are deals to be had everywhere, if you are willing to bargain. Go for a Dell and you'll get fvck all knocked off but buy a Toshiba or HP or Acer from the stores I have named and you are vitually guaranteed to walk out with something at least £50 under the ticket price or with a "free printer" or similar. They are damn nearly giving them away ~ which was not the case when I bought mine  evil:

In fact Carphone Warehouse are giving laptops away if you are prepared to sign up to a mobile deal at £35 a month for FOUR years ~ you also get the mobile phone, broadband etc. Mind you ~ Anyone stupid enough to sign up to pay £1680 for a mobile phone to get a "free" laptop deserves all they get IMHO.
I may well do that Snoops...

I was hoping to order this week and pick up next but with PCW you have to collect next day so I'd have to order it when I'm there anyway...

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 03:46:58 PM »
They are all much of a muchness as you know. It depends on the deal of the week. You can save £ssssss Just looking in those three stores and comparing prices on a like for like basis ~ also they are all so desperate for sales there are deals to be had everywhere, if you are willing to bargain. Go for a Dell and you'll get fvck all knocked off but buy a Toshiba or HP or Acer from the stores I have named and you are vitually guaranteed to walk out with something at least £50 under the ticket price or with a "free printer" or similar. They are damn nearly giving them away ~ which was not the case when I bought mine  evil:

I was hoping to order this week and pick up next but with PCW you have to collect next day so I'd have to order it when I'm there anyway...

rubschin:

At the shops I mentioned and many others you'll be able to do the deal, pay by cash or card and walk out with it under your arm they are that desperate for sales figures before Christmas.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 03:49:50 PM »

rubschin:

At the shops I mentioned and many others you'll be able to do the deal, pay by cash or card and walk out with it under your arm they are that desperate for sales figures before Christmas.
Yes... and if Wenchy says she'd go for the Dell is is prolly shite...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 03:53:49 PM »
 scared:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »
 sad24:

I know people knock Dell but I've never had a problem with them, neither has anyone I know in real life.  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
Nowt wrong with Dell apart from their after sales service being DIY under instructions from someone called "Janet" in Bombay, her accent is so thick you can barely pick out one word in three. Other than that they are fine. I wouldn't have another one for a pension.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »
sad24:

I know people knock Dell but I've never had a problem with them, neither has anyone I know in real life.  noooo:
It was just my little joke dearie...  happy100

shutup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 04:03:50 PM »
Nowt wrong with Dell apart from their after sales service being DIY under instructions from someone called "Janet" in Bombay, her accent is so thick you can barely pick out one word in three. Other than that they are fine. I wouldn't have another one for a pension.

Ahhh that would be why. None of us have ever had to use it.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
. . . anyone I know in real life. 
It was just my little joke dearie... 

Real life is your joke?

Bang goes another deity, at Christmas as well.  sad32:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »
. . . anyone I know in real life. 
It was just my little joke dearie... 

Real life is your joke?

Bang goes another deity, at Christmas as well.  sad32:
Sorry Darwin...  happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
I've bough two HP PCs from these people within the past eighteen months ~ one for me and one for lil Bruvver.
Just towers, keyboards and mice. Both loaded with Vi$ta. No screens Good delievery times, good prices and good aftersales. Call after a couple of weeks to see if everything is OK and that you are happy. No problems with any of their kit.
Also bought the Asus from them
http://www.ebuyer.com/