Author Topic: Hats  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Hats
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »
Like an alice band or clip with lace, feathers, beads attached to it.

noooo:

Why?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »
Like an alice band or clip with lace, feathers, beads attached to it.

noooo:

Why?
Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »
Because they are pretty! And actually LL's sound like an absolute bargin!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 08:50:52 AM »
Because they are pretty! And actually LL's sound like an absolute bargin!
Oh yes, a bargain because she was actually going out to buy hats and tittilizers or whatever and found them in the sale...  noooo:

Now my electric toothbrush - that was a bargain!

Went into Boots to buy an electric toothbrush and was confronted by a girl giving out leaflets... before I could elbow her in the face and push her out of the way she quickly saw the danger and said "special offer, 50% off electric toothbrushes luvleee..."

So I saved 50% on my electric toothbrush, the one I was going to buy anyway... do you see...?

That was a bargain...

If she's said 50% off colour TVs or razors and I'd bought one of those and a electric toothbrush that would not be a bargain.  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
But she would have bought them in the longterm, for weddings christenings and the like so it is a long range investment in barginism.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »
But she would have bought them in the longterm, for weddings christenings and the like so it is a long range investment in barginism.
Foolish child...  ::)

Come the next wedding it will be: -

a) Where did I put that fascinator?
b) I left the hats in England 'cos I couldn't get them on the 'plane without crushing them
c) I left them in Cyprus
d) They are the wrong colour for this outfit
e) The colour clashes with the bride's dress

etc.  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »
Children - Just to set the record straight, firstly this is LL using BM's login in (which he isn't happy about) and secondly the 'at's and fascinators were an absolute bargain and could NOT be resisted........................In fact I believe I was VERY restrained in only buying three 'at's and four fascinators. Now my reasoning was:

Weddings always occur and therefore one needs an 'at on numerous occasions
They are three different colours - one IS black (usual at different festivities) and is very dominatrix with sort of metal twirlly bits zapping across the front, one is a golden colour (can be matched with numerous outfit colours) and one is a beautiful dusty pink shade and has fabulous swirly bits on top and side
The fascinators (five of them) consist of a petrol blue and black feathery thing which will be loaned to Miss Piggy for an upcoming wedding May next year when she is bridesmaid (this is actually the Ex hubby's wedding to which I will ALSO be going  whistle:) three are black feathery things with silver swirly things and the last is bright red - now these four were bought at their bargain price of a tenner each (normally between 45-60 each) in anticipation of a friends western themed 70th birthday party next year as 'the ladies' will be dressing a western bar girls so they will come in very handy in the costume effect department
In total my outlay was ninety pounds for all nine fine items - therefore saving an HUGE £600+ which may be spent later but SADLY  noooo: noooo: noooo: not on a new projector!!!!!

Kay thats all for now#
Love to all
LL xx

To all ladies , particularly Mrs TG, all 'ats are opening for borrowing at any time   
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 10:08:15 AM »
www.wenchystoragesolutions.com

We offer very competative rates for hat storage! Especially for the dusky pink one.  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 10:10:03 AM »
www.wenchystoragesolutions.com

We offer very competative rates for hat storage! Especially for the dusky pink one.  whistle:
noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »
What's a 'fascinator'?

Two hundred and ten thousand possible answers at:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Fascinator&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

For an educated man who claims such empathy with wimmin you show a remarkable lack of knowledge of things feminine.  noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »
I only recognise certain sorts of underwear

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
Children - Just to set the record straight, firstly this is LL using BM's login in (which he isn't happy about) and secondly the 'at's and fascinators were an absolute bargain and could NOT be resisted........................In fact I believe I was VERY restrained in only buying three 'at's and four fascinators. Now my reasoning was:

Weddings always occur and therefore one needs an 'at on numerous occasions
They are three different colours - one IS black (usual at different festivities) and is very dominatrix with sort of metal twirlly bits zapping across the front, one is a golden colour (can be matched with numerous outfit colours) and one is a beautiful dusty pink shade and has fabulous swirly bits on top and side
The fascinators (five of them) consist of a petrol blue and black feathery thing which will be loaned to Miss Piggy for an upcoming wedding May next year when she is bridesmaid (this is actually the Ex hubby's wedding to which I will ALSO be going  whistle:) three are black feathery things with silver swirly things and the last is bright red - now these four were bought at their bargain price of a tenner each (normally between 45-60 each) in anticipation of a friends western themed 70th birthday party next year as 'the ladies' will be dressing a western bar girls so they will come in very handy in the costume effect department
In total my outlay was ninety pounds for all nine fine items - therefore saving an HUGE £600+ which may be spent later but SADLY  noooo: noooo: noooo: not on a new projector!!!!!

Kay thats all for now#
Love to all
LL xx

To all ladies , particularly Mrs TG, all 'ats are opening for borrowing at any time   

I fully understand ~ but then my mother always wore hats,
my first wife wore hats  and was indeed wearing one the day we met

and my present wife wears hats daily in the Autumn and Winter as well as to every occasion that she deems "special" including to attend Church every Sunday.

Of course not all the fripperies are hats as such, some are/were just wisps of lace and a feather but personally I love ladies in hats.

For myself I have worn hats for as long as I can remembers. School caps, RAF Berets and Service Caps, etc. I have a collection of some dozen hats including those that only see daylight at cricket matches, others on the river bank and one should I go to a race meeting or point to point..

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 10:36:52 AM »
I only recognise certain sorts of underwear

And then had to have a whole thread to tell you how to get into them IIRC

Offline Nick

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
Mrs Nick bought herself a trilby in Granada. It actually quite suits her  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »
Then she and I can go to the races together as I too have trilby for that very purpose.