Disgusterous

Author Topic: Unreliable bastard people/companies.  (Read 6322 times)

grumpyoldsoldier

Re: Unreliable bastard people/companies.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 09:30:33 PM »
At least some of us have a site.  whistle:
Good grief!

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »
....and so it goes on and on and on.

People say to me, keep your head up. If you think things will go wrong, they probably will. THINK POSITIVE, O.K.? happy088 happy088 happy088

Yea, right ,O.K., if you say so.

So, I try and do as these wise and successful people say. whistle:

So today, I have been let down YET again by yet another bloody contractor who PROMISED he'd have the graphics I've ordered, delivered and fitted within 2 weeks.
Well that was just dandy wasn't it ey? I rings them up this morning and the gaffer answers the phone to tell me that the request/order was still sitting on his desk. The bloke that took the order has gone away on his holidays.
Well, I hope it fckin pisses down on him and he gets a swarm of man eating locust down his Y fronts, cus he's just wasted ANOTHER 2 weeks of my life, TOSSER! evil:
I can't go anywhere else...as much as I'd liked to have said so this morning, because these are the useless idiots that my main sponsor use, and as they are paying, I have to use them.

2 hours later, I receive a 'phone call of GROWLER jnr.,snr., who kindly informs me...Nick wont want to read this bit....that he's been speaking to 'this bloke', and that 'this bloke' who knows the landowner I'm renting The Swamp' off, is not to be trusted and will probably turf me out at a moments notice when he's had enough of me, that's assuming the local council don't turf me out before hand, but that is another totally different tale of possible woe. Hopefully that bit won't happen, but with the way things are going so far.....god loves a tryer, thats for sure.
As for the web site, well you all know my tales of woe on that one. Let down comprehensively by 3 arse holes.

Next please.  ::)
 Your own personal punchbag awaits you.
 I shall however, persevere in the face of adversity, as much as i really want to simply run away and hibernate. scared:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 05:43:24 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »
 eeek:

We ought to have a chat then! What bloke?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 09:33:06 PM »
eeek:

We ought to have a chat then! What bloke?

A pissed off PM awaits you for a more in depth explanation.

Quite frankly, I'm rather pissed off with the human race presently.
Must be my bastard bio bloody rythms or such shite, either that or I must have been one evil BASTARD in a previous life.
Some say I am in this one too. evil:

A glass of my finest single and a blimp at her bloody ridiculous nose light thing MIGHT just cheer me up. ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 09:39:30 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:34 AM »

We live in Britain do you expect something different?

Sadly no, not any more.
However, my faith has just been slightly re-instated with a visit to a local Indian takeaway that I hadn't visted before.
Greeted with a genuine and cheery smile and hello. The 7 lads that run the place all seem genuinely happy, talking and laughing in their own tounge and excellent English too. All smartly dressed and working damned hard churning out some damned good scran.
Don't know which part of India they come from, but they get my vote for being pleasant, hard working and delivering a damned good service.
The English could well learn from these lads on ow to run a business properly instead of the usual ignorant bad mannered false promised crap that we usually have to endure

Hate to be the one to point this out G, but they were quite probably born here. Like my local Indian food emporium - all born/bred in the UK.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »
No actually MG. I've been back since, and they are from Bangladesh apparently.
Bloody good lads they are, hard working in hot conditions, full of fun, laughing and polite, albeit all in broken English.
At least they try, and should be applauded for that. happy088

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 09:56:39 AM »
Anyway. Bollux to all these tits that let me down and pass on messages of doom and gloom. ::)
 I will NOT be defeated.
The FULL British Bulldog Bear in me will stride on. evil:

Oh. Forgot to mention it. Couldn't gain access to my web site properly last night, and couldn't edit at all. eeek:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:58:46 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 10:10:31 AM »
Anyway. Bollux to all these tits that let me down and pass on messages of doom and gloom. ::)
 I will NOT be defeated.
The FULL British Bulldog Bear in me will stride on. evil:

Oh. Forgot to mention it. Couldn't gain access to my web site properly last night, and couldn't edit at all. eeek:
One of my web sites is down at the moment ? renewed all the services on the expiry date last Saturday (had been trying for two days) and received confirmation that the order had been processed.

I worked out this morning that the site was dead ? no web site, no e-mail no business?

Called ?customer service? and spoke to Melissa who thought it quite amusing that while they had processed the order they hadn?t taken the payment from my (pre-approved) credit card ?because they had a backlog?? Therefore all my services had been cancelled because of their bleeding backlog!  cussing:

Have politely explained how unhelpful this is to my business and was assured that the order would be processed immediately and we?d be back on-line ?in an hour? which of course we are not and will undoubtedly involve many more international calls ?til I lose my temper and have to shout at whoever is unfortunate enough to answer the ?phone on that occasion.

Its not good enough?   noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 10:18:21 AM »
Well I am sitting here waiting for a call froma  cleint who wants a job done URGENTLY. Fine, premium rate for me. But what she has sent me in the way of raw materials is complete crap!! It just doesn't make sense (which is why she is unlaoding it onto me to sort out) Just caught her on her mobile and have told her I need a one hour conversation with her when she gets back to the office.

Silly moo!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »
Melissa didn?t sort it out in an hour as promised so I called back ? spoke to Ali?

Ali can?t sort it out without speaking to his supervisor as he is new but he will call me back!

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 10:39:42 AM »
Blessed are they that expecteth little ~ for they shall not be disappointed.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 10:41:49 AM »
You don't think he'll call?  doh:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 10:44:16 AM »
You don't think he'll call?  doh:

Well let's think...

noooo:
DIY time.

Offline Nick

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »
Just found out that the woman who is meant to be calling me is going to be sacked on Friday. She doesn't know this yet point:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
 point: