Author Topic: Unreliable bastard people/companies.  (Read 6302 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Unreliable bastard people/companies.
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2007, 11:06:02 AM »
Just found out that the woman who is meant to be calling me is going to be sacked on Friday. She doesn't know this yet point:

We need to know why please. Could do with a bit of juicy tit bits. eyes:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »
UPDATE:

Surprisingly Ali didn?t call me back ? I can scarcely believe it?  noooo:

Anyway, called back and the billings department overflowed to the reception. The lovely receptionist lady listened to my story and suggested that I ?raise a ticket?. I explained that I had raised a ?critical? ticket at 6am which had been ignored by the billings department which was why I was speaking to her on an expensive international call ? she said ?May I invite you to call back then??  evil:

Called back ? Ali answered.  ;D

Explained that I had a critical issue and that his colleague Melissa had let me down and that he had promised to call me back but had not done so. He explained that there was a problem with their system and my order couldn?t be processed ?til the problem was fixed.

I explained that that was simply not good enough.  noooo:

He explained that the last time they had this problem it took a day to fix.

I explained that it was not good enough and I needed to speak to his supervisor or a senior manager that could override their broken system which was causing me significant business difficulties through no fault of our own and manually get me back up-and-running.  noooo:

He put me on hold and then moments later ? bingo the problem was fixed!  whistle:

The most frustrating thing is I could probably have written the script for today?s events at 6am this morning and it would probably have worked the same with just about every UK based company we seem tot have the misfortune to come into contact with.  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »
Next? ::)

Car electrician.
Supposedly fitting some emergency cut off switches for me last week.
He couldn't do it there and then, suprise suprise, ::)  but promised he'd be in touch to arrange a mutualy suitable time early this week. It's wednesday now, and I've, as expected, heard sweet f.a. Angry9:

B & long Q.
Saw a suitable picnic table bench thing for 'The Swamp' up for grabs in there on monday night.
Special offer. last one, already assembled ?43 reduced from ?70.
The bloke I spoke to said I could have it for ?35, even better.
Told him I'd be back in last night to collect it as I'd need the trailer to shift it.

Went back in last night, no bloke to be found, stupidly I hadn't taken his name, and the knobs in there wouldn't let me take it for the agreed price of ?35.
I'll go back in there today to see if I can find him, otherwise it'll have to be ?43 if I can't pursuade the store manager to reduce it without threatening him with death.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2007, 08:49:33 AM »
Saw a suitable picnic table bench thing for 'The Swamp' up for grabs in there on monday night.

Whats up, some scally beaten you to all the ones in pub gardens already? ;)
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2007, 08:53:45 AM »

Whats up, some scally beaten you to all the ones in pub gardens already? ;)

'ave a slap, turkey twiddler. evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2007, 09:12:01 AM »
You are all, by now, bored to death with my tales of woe concerning the kitchen ceiling problems but this is a classic.
When the insurance people assessed the damage they called in an electrician to make the lighting safe, prior to them pulling the old ceiling down and etc...... The same contractors provided the demolition men, the ceiling erectors (who turned out to be the same fellas) the electrician and the decorator.
Ceiling removed with electrician in attendance ('cos nobody had told him to come the day before to ensure H&S)
After two weeks the ceiling was replaced, plastered and left to dry over the weekend. This was last Thursday. On Friday the decorator turned up and declared he could not paint the ceiling as the plaster had not yet "gone off".  ::) But we had already agreed that it could not be done until after the weekend. 
He returned on Monday and satisfied with the dryness of the plaster painted the ceiling. Today (Wednesday) I have telephoned the contractors to ask when we might expect some illumination in order that we may enjoy our newly replaced, plastered and painted ceiling. The electrician is "on holiday"  evil:
Having told the contract manager his fortune  cussing: he has just called back to ask if it would be OK for a "Subby" to do the job tomorrow.
You really can't get the staff these days.rubschin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »

You really can't get the staff these days.rubschin:

In a word,NO! Angry9:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 08:07:18 PM »
Latest update on auto electrician search. ::)

1st one...alledged 'friend' STILL hasn't contacted me. Ahh well, only 2 weeks late, musn't give up hope. ::)

2nd one, another 'alleged friend', PROMISED, after hearing my tales of unreliable people, that he'd be at 'The Swamp' on saturday morning to do the jobs requested.
" Yea, I'll soon box that off for you, no problem" happy088

Needless to say, saturday has been and gone with no sign of him. ::)

I give up. I'll have a go myself. eeek:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
Don't go near Mealors Mowers then!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
Don't go near Mealors Mowers then!

Why? Does he NOT fix car electrics too? ::)