Author Topic: Unreliable bastard people/companies.  (Read 6312 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Unreliable bastard people/companies.
« on: June 13, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »
Look you load of festering unreliable lying promise breaking shit. If you can't do what you say you can and will do, DON'T say it in the first place. OK?

Garage. "We'll sort all your car problems  to your satisfaction sir"

No. You haven't. You've just lied and tried to fob me off. See you in court twats. evil:

Window blind company. Shit job, shite blinds, wrong sizes, scruffy installation, and now complaining to ME that they'll have to make some new ones for us! eeek:

Get it sorted within the next week, or I'll see you in court too.

Web site maker.

"Yea, I'll sort that out for you, no problem".

Unbloodybelievably I've been promised not once, not twice, but THREE bloody times now, by 3 so called totally different friends/aquaintances. Banghead
I'm the proud owner of 3 bastard domains or whatever you call them, all paid for, but none of them can I gain access to.
When I finally manage to get hold of one of these 3 muppeteers, I get the same pitiful crap....sorry, been too busy. I'll sort it tomorrow. The tomorrow that NEVER arrives.

Plumber? Ha! Don't make me laugh, They don't exist in real life.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:06:32 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Unreliable bastard people/companies.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
Look you load of festering unreliable lying promise breaking shit. If you can't do what you say you can and will do, DON'T say it in the first place. OK?

No. You haven't. You've just lied and tried to fob me off. See you in court twats. evil:

Window blind company. Shit job, shite blinds, wrong sizes, scruffy installation, and now complaining to ME that they'll have to make some new ones for us! eeek:

Web site maker.

Unbloodybelievably I've been promised not once, not twice, but THREE bloody times now, by 3 so called totally different friends/aquaintances. Banghead
I'm the proud owner of 3 bastard domains or whatever you call them, all paid for, but none of them can I gain access to.

I would suggest you cancel that 'visiting massage' as well then. whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »

Web site maker.

Done. She'll no doubt turn up now though. Bitch. ::)

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:10:44 PM »

Web site maker.

Done. She'll no doubt turn up now though. Bitch. ::)

She!
 noooo: noooo: noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »
We are all having bad days. Welcome to the club Mr G.

How is the swamp?

sad24:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:34:47 PM »
We are all having bad days. Welcome to the club Mr G.

How is the swamp?

sad24:

Dry and activityless (sp) and with no bloody website to advertise it. whistle:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 01:39:49 PM »
How difficult can it be to get a website up and running.

Go and sign up to typepad and create a working blog. $3 a month or something. Then you won't need a web master and you can be independant.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 05:28:32 AM »
I can sympathise with your rant on lack of service and probably add a few of my own.

However, Wenchy is absolutely right on the web site ? do it yourself.

If you get somebody else to do it they will invariably fuck it up and you will be beholden to them (at huge expense) every time you want to make a minor change.

A mate of mine bought a domain name and got a ?professional? company top set up his web site. Firstly, they stole almost the entire content from my site (which I didn?t actually mind although they should have asked permission) then they charged him ?2K for the privilege. When he refused to pay (the whole thing was worth no more than ?100) they changed the site so that it said something along the lines of ?web site closed due to non-payment of bills?.

He has subsequently gone out of business. Bastards.   
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 08:14:01 AM »
However, Wenchy is absolutely right on the web site ? do it yourself.

If you get somebody else to do it they will invariably fuck it up and you will be beholden to them (at huge expense) every time you want to make a minor change.  

I wish I had the faith and belief to do it myself, but my I.T. skills are totally crap.
Had a look at a few of these DIY web site making web sites last night as you kindly suggested.
"Dead easy. No skill or I.T. knowledge required!!"....they claim.

Yea, sure. ::)
 Wouldn't be wanting some money out of me before I completely bollox the whole thing up would you by any chance? crash:

As you rightly say though, you get someone else to do it, and they either DON'T  or completely make a mess of it, as has happened already, plus I'll forever be at their mercy come ammendment time.

I'll have a go myself as suggested, the more I think about it.  rubschin:

I could be away for some time. pcwhack:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:15:57 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
I'm sure that there are enough of us here to help you through any problems, check spellings, grammar and generally ensure that your attempts read the way you would want them to before you press the tit to send it out into the big bad world. We may be p*ss takers but we would not let you down. Build it a page at a time and email the pages to us. We can check them over and make suggestions and we are FREE. ;)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »
I'm sure that there are enough of us here to help you through any problems, check spellings, grammar and generally ensure that your attempts read the way you would want them to before you press the tit to send it out into the big bad world. We may be p*ss takers but we would not let you down. Build it a page at a time and email the pages to us. We can check them over and make suggestions and we are FREE. ;)

I thank you for your kind suggestions, but would be very wary about publicising my new eeek: if eeek:  web address in here tbh.
'Undesirable spies' that I suspect may be in here from 'another place' spring to mind.

I've only ever met Nick, so he is the only one that I know is who he claims to be, and he knows less about 'puters than I do...apparently. whistle:

Am I sounding a tad over cautious and wary? scared2:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »
I like Miscro$oft FrontPage ? it?s a bit like Micro$oft Word if you use that and fairly easy to get into. You can also get inexpensive ?themes? on-line which just require you to fill in basic info but give your site a professional look.

Like Snoops says ? we?d be happy to assist you.

One thing to remember about web design is not to make it too complex. There is no need for hyperlinks-a-plenty and thousands of pages and pictures. Most people try to be too clever.

Think about what people want for your site ? basic information ? and present it in a clear and simple way. Nothing more frustrating than having a beautiful web site in front of you but being unable to locate simple stuff like a ?phone number.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 08:52:36 AM »

I thank you for your kind suggestions, but would be very wary about publicising my new eeek: if eeek:  web address in here tbh.
'Undesirable spies' that I suspect may be in here from 'another place' spring to mind.

I've only ever met Nick, so he is the only one that I know is who he claims to be, and he knows less about 'puters than I do...apparently. whistle:

Am I sounding a tad over cautious and wary? scared2:

Click on the little world symbol under my avatar. That's my site.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 09:55:57 AM »
. . .give your site a professional look. . .
Why? All he needs is a picture of the scrap of paper he has in the chippy window saying "Cheap second hand car wheels and stereos" and a mobile number.

That is just what it needs, a bright and airy look to emphasise the excellent and reasonably priced service on offer. ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:34:02 PM by Darwins Selection »
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »
. . .give your site a professional look. . .
Why? All he needs is a picture of the scrap of paper he has in the chippy window saying "Cheap second hand car wheels and stereos" and a mobile number.
That?s sooo low-tech.  noooo:

His new website will allow you to select exactly which make/model you want stolen delivered.  happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs: