Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 1529 times)

Tinkerbell

Here we go again
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »
Happy Boxing Day to all those who survived yeserday sufficiently well to be able to:-
a) focus the screen
b) co-ordinate fingers to log-on
c) string more than 2 words together

Hope you all had a wonderful time...let the merryment continue

DO NOT GO TO THE SALES

you were warned!!!

angel1

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 09:27:17 AM »

DO NOT GO TO THE SALES

you were warned!!!

angel1

Is this another government health advice announcment intiative? ::)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
oh yes.... morning Growler

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »
oh yes.... morning Growler

Mornin' Tinker' ;)

I'l take heed, and thank you accordingly with the greatest of pleasure.

I WON'T go to the sales now. noooo:

Whew! whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
I too shall avoid the sales...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »
I'm just off to Lyme Regis for the day. The biggest shop they have had there is Woolies, so not much chance of getting killed in the rush at any sales

MRs JOM said something about scouring ebay for unwanted pressies later  ::)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 10:09:17 AM »
Just bought a newspaper.
It's 95% bloody 'Sale Now On' adverts. Banghead
Taking it back for a full refund. If I'd wanted the Exchange and Mart, I'd have purchased it. cussing:

Thought all these business's were supposed to be on the brink like, and here they are spending tens of thousands on full page colur ads in the nationals. eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
Do you remember when the Xmas papers were full of ads for exotic holidays...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 11:28:19 AM »
According to the radio people are going to be opting to go further afield to holiday in cheaper places because the £ is so down at the moment. China was one such mentioned ~ I'm still trying to figure out how that works ~ spending so much more to get there and all ~ I suppose somebody misunderstood the expression "Making your money go further".
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »
No, they're all going to be staying in the UK for their hols next year and looking for day's out with things to do....hopefully. whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
No, they're all going to be staying in the UK for their hols next year and looking for day's out with things to do....hopefully. whistle:

It would be nice to think so but given the cost of staying anywhere in the UK somehow I don't think it is going to happen. I was just looking at Holiday Cottages (self catering etc) during July/August next year. For a family of our size we need three bedrooms and the prices are around £850 for 7 nights and that's before you do anything like fill the car with go juice to get there and back. People are just so ridiculously greedy. How can you justify £850 for a little place furnished with cast offs and junk shop stuff for 7 nights in August and then charge £225 for the same place in the middle of February or November? I know there is a "holiday season premium" to be paid because of the supposed "better weather" but in truth there is no guarantee of better weather and no rebate when it p*sses down for the whole week.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

DO NOT GO TO THE SALES

you were warned!!!

angel1

I've just driven Epsom >>> Windsor >>> Epsom with 'Heart' on the radio in the car (which is knackered so I can't change it)...

There are constant HMG messages in the ad breaks about what you can and can't fucking do... it was driving me mental...  cussing:

What to di if you are raped, don't get in an unlicensed cab, don't leave medicine lying around in case your kids think they are sweets...  noooo:

I was just waiting for "don't put your finger though the paper when wiping your arse"

angry037

Oh and another thing... where the bloody hell was everybody going that caused stop-start motoring all round the M25 and a 40mph (I wish) limit...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »

DO NOT GO TO THE SALES

you were warned!!!

angel1

I've just driven Epsom >>> Windsor >>> Epsom with 'Heart' on the radio in the car (which is knackered so I can't change it)...

There are constant HMG messages in the ad breaks about what you can and can't fucking do... it was driving me mental...  cussing:

What to di if you are raped, don't get in an unlicensed cab, don't leave medicine lying around in case your kids think they are sweets...  noooo:

I was just waiting for "don't put your finger though the paper when wiping your arse"

angry037

Oh and another thing... where the bloody hell was everybody going that caused stop-start motoring all round the M25 and a 40mph (I wish) limit...?   noooo:

So bloody sad and so true, it's absolutely hilarious::) Welcome to the UK, capital of H&S and PC madness.

Ref your last paragraph. There's got to be an opportunity for some entreprenaural bright spark to start up some sort of an entertainment business on the M25 to brighten up the never ending misery there.
Jugglers, clowns and dancing performing bears on every bridge and flyover, with a bucket being held by a scantily clad girlie on every exit slip road to collect the donations for said entertainment. rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
I read an interesting bit in the paper earlier... about this HMG leaflet telling you how not to die at Xmas...

The guys said that you don't hear references to The Nanny State any more, because we are The Nanny State - they've won.  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »
According to the radio people are going to be opting to go further afield to holiday in cheaper places because the £ is so down at the moment. China was one such mentioned ~ I'm still trying to figure out how that works ~ spending so much more to get there and all ~ I suppose somebody misunderstood the expression "Making your money go further".

Its optimistic thinking: The price of oil goes through the floor, air travel becomes cheaper so people head off to the climes where the pound still has some value. At this rate Scotland is going to have a booming tourist trade in 2009.  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.