Disgusterous

Author Topic: Warning labels  (Read 6025 times)

Boozehag

Warning labels
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:28:42 PM »
Hope this one hasn't been discussed yet, but I can't be arsed to wade through all the entries since I was last here.

Anyway, to topic, what is it about the fecking nannying ''something must be done brigade'' that attempts to guide our every waking minute and most pleasurable pastimes of late?...Huh?
''Do you wish to imbibe in the social iniquities of the public house madam''?
''Yes, I bloody well do and I will have a magnum of your finest champagne barman''!
Well, may I draw your eyesight to the newly placed warning label informing you of how much you can be permitted to drink before drowning your liver and masticating your pancreas to death''?
'' No, you fecking well cannot, now give me the bloody bottle''!

I am sick to death of reading warning signs and labels on just about everything now...
Fags.
Booze
Condoms
Butter...this product contains fat!...oh really, well whoop de fecking do. I never realised that

Are warning signs turning us all into idiots? I find myself looking for a warning label all the time now, even when I pick up a can of beans!....warning...this product can make you fart!
Warning....you may only drink 4 glasses of Champers
Warning....this fag can make your lungs turn black
Warning....sex can make you go blind!

I'm sure this government wishes us to have a totally miserable existence
Why must we all be treated like some dribbling lobotomised retard? It's none of their fecking business what I do.
I love my vices thank you very much.

Hmmm...anyone into flagellation?.... eeek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/06/07/do0701.xml

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Warning labels
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »
Why must we all be treated like some dribbling lobotomised retard? 

Because, statistically speaking, that is the correct assumption. cry:

Of those who are not that thick, a large proportion have their eye on the ?1,000,000 compensation they will win because the bleach bottle didn't say "do not drink contents".

"Warning, may contain bones" is applicable to the majority of heads nowadays.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 06:30:01 PM »
Hope this one hasn't been discussed yet, but I can't be arsed to wade through all the entries since I was last here.

Anyway, to topic, what is it about the fecking nannying ''something must be done brigade'' that attempts to guide our every waking minute and most pleasurable pastimes of late?...Huh?
''Do you wish to imbibe in the social iniquities of the public house madam''?
''Yes, I bloody well do and I will have a magnum of your finest champagne barman''!
Well, may I draw your eyesight to the newly placed warning label informing you of how much you can be permitted to drink before drowning your liver and masticating your pancreas to death''?
'' No, you fecking well cannot, now give me the bloody bottle''!

I am sick to death of reading warning signs and labels on just about everything now...
Fags.
Booze
Condoms
Butter...this product contains fat!...oh really, well whoop de fecking do. I never realised that

Are warning signs turning us all into idiots? I find myself looking for a warning label all the time now, even when I pick up a can of beans!....warning...this product can make you fart!
Warning....you may only drink 4 glasses of Champers
Warning....this fag can make your lungs turn black
Warning....sex can make you go blind!

I'm sure this government wishes us to have a totally miserable existence
Why must we all be treated like some dribbling lobotomised retard? It's none of their fecking business what I do.
I love my vices thank you very much.

Hmmm...anyone into flagellation?.... eeek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/06/07/do0701.xml

As Flagellator or Flagellatee? It will make difference to my answer. eeek:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:00:01 PM »
Nick's Personal Label says KEEP AWAY DANGER OF.......
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:02:14 PM by Snoopy »

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:55:27 AM »

Is there anything significant in your omission of the 'Flagellatrix' option?
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:26:53 AM »

Is there anything significant in your omission of the 'Flagellatrix' option?

Only that it seemed surplus to requirements

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:37:12 AM »
Excellent whinging!

The danger contents hot warning on coffee cups is one of the most ridiculous warnings ever invented ? resulting from a successfully law suit on McDonalds. I fear our lives will be increasingly limited and controlled as the result of legal action.  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 08:39:56 AM »
Having a nut allergic puppy we have to check all labels but I have to say finding the legend "Warning. This Product may contain nuts" on a bar of fruit and nut chocolate was, I felt, going a bit far. doh:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 08:48:15 AM »

Of those who are not that thick, a large proportion have their eye on the ?1,000,000 compensation they will win because the bleach bottle didn't say "do not drink contents".

I have to agree, There are plenty of numpties out there and because there is now this 'need' to protect them from themselves the problem will get worse. As people need to think less for themselves the less they think, fullstop.

Berek

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
Having a nut allergic puppy we have to check all labels but I have to say finding the legend "Warning. This Product may contain nuts" on a bar of fruit and nut chocolate was, I felt, going a bit far. doh:

Mrs C brought home a jar of Tescos Peanut Butter which stated " Warning, contains nuts "

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »
Mrs C brought home a jar of Tescos Peanut Butter

A small jar I imagine?

The big ones are so difficult to hide under your coat, assuming you have coats up there?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:48:30 AM by Darwins Selection »
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »

I have to agree, There are plenty of numpties out there and because there is now this 'need' to protect them from themselves the problem will get worse. As people need to think less for themselves the less they think, fullstop.
It?s amazing that they can still sell razor blades and other sharp objects.

Although I believe you can only buy paracetomol in packs of ten or something now? Potential suicide candidates presumably being too distraught to buy some in Boots and pop back later for more or round the corner to Superdrug.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 11:25:59 AM »

It?s amazing that they can still sell razor blades and other sharp objects.

Although I believe you can only buy paracetomol in packs of ten or something now? Potential suicide candidates presumably being too distraught to buy some in Boots and pop back later for more or round the corner to Superdrug.

Without prescription Paracetamol may be purchased in packs of 16 or 32. No more than 32 tablets may be purchased at anyone time. Not so much to protect people who may wish to commit suicide but because the over use of Paracetamol can lead to kidney damage.
Pedantically Yours
Snoopy.

Boozehag

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »

Mrs C brought home a jar of Tescos Peanut Butter which stated " Warning, contains nuts "

This is what I mean!...Are we all idiots and cannot fathom out for ourselves that the bloody thing contains nuts?
It clearly states that it is peanut butter FFS!

We'll be having bloody photographs as labels on everything next to assist our learning disability cousins. Packaging will have to be much bigger to accomodate all the text and pics which again will cause problems with recycling, either that or the text will get so much smaller and people will strain their eyes trying to read it.

Where does it all end and am I getting bloody ridiculous now?  eeek:

Boozehag

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »

Not entirely true actually.
You can go to somewhere like MAKRO and be sold a multipack of 12x16 tabs. I did just last week.