Author Topic: Warning labels  (Read 6017 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Warning labels
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
You can go to somewhere like MAKRO and be sold a multipack of 12x16 tabs. I did just last week.

There, there my dear. Nothing is that bad. Why don't we just have a nice cup of tea and talk through all your problems?
 happy100
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 12:31:58 PM »
You can go to somewhere like MAKRO and be sold a multipack of 12x16 tabs. I did just last week.

There, there my dear. Nothing is that bad. Why don't we just have a nice cup of tea and talk through all your problems?
 happy100
Indeed? I?d be especially keen to talk about problems relating to extremely large breasts?  eyes:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »

Although I believe you can only buy paracetomol in packs of ten or something now? Potential suicide candidates presumably being too distraught to buy some in Boots and pop back later for more or round the corner to Superdrug.

Not entirely true actually.

But technically you cannot buy from Makro unless you are a retailer and retailers can only legally sell a max of 32 to a customer at any one time. Yes, Yes,  I know that we all have Makro cards and none of us are retailers but if you work for yourself it's not hard to get a card is it.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Boozehag

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »

But technically you cannot buy from Makro unless you are a retailer and retailers can only legally sell a max of 32 to a customer at any one time. Yes, Yes,  I know that we all have Makro cards and none of us are retailers but if you work for yourself it's not hard to get a card is it.

Yes Snoopy...agreed, but the point is it can be done.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 04:28:18 PM »

Yes Snoopy...agreed, but the point is it can be done.

Presumably Makro buy from the manufacturer is slightly larger quantities still?
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 04:37:45 PM »
Well I don't imagine the owner of the corner shop runs round fifteen branches of Boots to get their stock either. The point is that the limit on retail (over the counter) sale of Paracetamol is restricted to 32 tabs per customer at any given time.
Wholesalers, which include Makro, can sell as many as they like to Retailers and legally you have declared yourself to be a retailer when you applied for a Makro Card entitling you to shop there.
We all know how easy it is to circumvent all these "Laws" but the fact is that they do exist to prevent users of excessive quantities of paracetamol (mainly teenagers bent on "crying for help") from suffering kidney damage.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
Well I don't imagine the owner of the corner shop runs round fifteen branches of Boots to get their stock either. The point is that the limit on retail (over the counter) sale of Paracetamol is restricted to 32 tabs per customer at any given time.
Wholesalers, which include Makro, can sell as many as they like to Retailers and legally you have declared yourself to be a retailer when you applied for a Makro Card entitling you to shop there.
We all know how easy it is to circumvent all these "Laws" but the fact is that they do exist to prevent users of excessive quantities of paracetamol (mainly teenagers bent on "crying for help") from suffering kidney damage.

How many Anti-frivolity tablets can you buy at one time and which organ do you think they damage?
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 04:48:46 PM »
In my case Prescription Diazipam and they can also damage your sense of humour as I know to my cost. SORRY.

Mr Happy

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »
Worse still 'May Contain Nuts' appears on packets of Peanuts and there are salt warnings on salt!

The ones that worry me are these RDA ones they have started with now.  Next time you're in Tesco's check out their Prawn Sandwiches, something along the line of 50% rda salt, 30% rda fat!

RDA for who exactly, I'm sure i must have exceeded my Recommended Lifetime Amount 20 years ago!

Misunderstood

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 01:09:27 PM »
In my case Prescription Diazipam and they can also damage your sense of humour as I know to my cost. SORRY.

It's not only your SOH that is damaged  evil: I am far too cynical to be amused. Half the country gets Paracetamol on scripts at a 100 a pop and 99% percent of the remainder knows someone that gets them.

My monthly script is for 112 Paracetamol and 112 Tramadol.  The Tramadol is counted out precisely but they tend to just pop 200 Paracetamol in rather than split a hundred.   I imagine they must be VERY low value.

Anyway, I take 112 of each every month and so accumulate 88 Paracetamol tablets every month.  I supply everyone hereabouts with their Paracetamol needs and people tell me that the pack of 16 that they have to buy now, costs exactly the same as the 100 tubs did.

Not so much protecting lives as profits, most people seem to think.  Most teens steal the pills from their parents anyway.  The country is awash with Paracetamol and everyone knows it, that makes it a stupid law.

Then there is my Termazapam!   It says taking this medicine MAY make me sleepy!  ::)  And, due to it being a controlled drug, I have to collect it personally so they won't accept faxes or proxies as they do for everything else.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »
That sounds like a nasty cocktail already Bouncer.
Paracetamol, if purchased in packs of 16 work out at about 1p a tablet as they are 16p a pack in Lidl, Asda, and our local Spar.

The thing that worries me about all the pills etc I take on prescription is that almost every pack contains a warning that says "Do not take" with some if not all of the others!  rubschin:

Misunderstood

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 12:13:50 PM »
Paracetamol, if purchased in packs of 16 work out at about 1p a tablet as they are 16p a pack in Lidl, Asda, and our local Spar.

The thing that worries me about all the pills etc I take on prescription is that almost every pack contains a warning that says "Do not take" with some if not all of the others!  rubschin:

It's not nice! That is why I only take half of what I could.  I used to use co-codamol but apparently it's the codine that's the poison with tramadol rather than the paracetamol.

The lidocaine it seems is quite happy to be shared.  rubschin:

Other than that, virtually everything I take recommends that I shouldn't.  Does wonders for you mental health.  noooo:

I feel utterly wretched today and it took over an hour to get them all down,  sometimes I'm tempted to throw them all out and to hell with the consequences.

But last time I looked, paracetamol were costing about 35p for 8. So I guess there has been positive movement there. I haven't bothered to look lately as I have an inexhaustible supply.  cry:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »

It's not nice! That is why I only take half of what I could.  I used to use co-codamol but apparently it's the codine that's the poison with tramadol rather than the paracetamol.

The lidocaine it seems is quite happy to be shared.  rubschin:

Other than that, virtually everything I take recommends that I shouldn't.  Does wonders for you mental health.  noooo:

I feel utterly wretched today and it took over an hour to get them all down,  sometimes I'm tempted to throw them all out and to hell with the consequences.

But last time I looked, paracetamol were costing about 35p for 8. So I guess there has been positive movement there. I haven't bothered to look lately as I have an inexhaustible supply.  cry:
eeek:
Do you rattle if moved suddenly?
I mostly despair

Misunderstood

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »

eeek:
Do you rattle if moved suddenly?

thatsit:   You guessed!  Everyone thinks my bearings have gone.   cry: 

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair