Disgusterous

Author Topic: Recyclable waste  (Read 511 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Recyclable waste
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
Just had all our washed and dried plastics collected. Not the usual recyclable collection wagon though, but a bog standard rubbish collecting one.

I assume all our hard work and clean plastics are going straight to landfill?

Bless them,  cloud9: that dept. aren't back until Monday apparently, but I'm sure there will be a logical explanation when they ring me back as requested, so I can discuss this matter further in a fathomed out, quiet, and intelligent reasonable manner. angel1

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Recyclable waste
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »
They are all bastards at that shite council  evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:28:33 PM »
I was terrified to put anything in the rubbish while I was over there in case I got the wrong bin like...  rubschin:

Still, I'm sure that producing three plastic wheelie bins per household hasn't damaged the environment at all...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:32:30 PM »

They're only doing their job Nick.

I will reason with them on Monday and a successful conclusion will no doubt be drawn that satisfies both parties. cloud9:

Online Nick

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »

I had a rather irate woman phone me at work this afternoon. She has applied for a grant from the Council to replace her boiler. She lives in a fffing huge property that she owns - asset rich / cash poor scenario.

It is in the process of being approved - however because her Carbon Monoxide detector started beeping today she has gone complately hysterical and demanded that the boiler is replaced immediately today. After calmly telling her this was not possible and she would have to call out British Gas etc who in all liklihood would disconnect if there was a problem she unleashed a tirade of abuse which ended up stating that all workers in the Council are just baby killing scum who turn a blind eye to the plight of the vulnerable.

Happy New Year  cry:

Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »

I had a rather irate woman phone me at work this afternoon. She has applied for a grant from the Council to replace her boiler. She lives in a fffing huge property that she owns - asset rich / cash poor scenario.

It is in the process of being approved - however because her Carbon Monoxide detector started beeping today she has gone complately hysterical and demanded that the boiler is replaced immediately today. After calmly telling her this was not possible and she would have to call out British Gas etc who in all liklihood would disconnect if there was a problem she unleashed a tirade of abuse which ended up stating that all workers in the Council are just baby killing scum who turn a blind eye to the plight of the vulnerable.

Happy New Year  cry:

Me me me me, I'm first, ME I SAID, are YOU LISTENING!!!?
 I'm an overly self important arse wipe, I have my rights, I know my rights, I'm entitled to...I''m entitled to...I want to speak to someone in authority NOW, lah de dah etc etc. ::)

Wouldn't it almost be worth losing your job telling them to FUCK RIGHT off ey, wouldn't it? eveilgrin:

I had a instance with my first customer of the year yesterday, arrogant impatient prick.
I took great delight being as sarcastic as poss. to him and walking away leaving him standing there with his fat gob wide open. Not actually being MY customer as such was a great help and gives me licence to tell these types exactly how I feel. So so satisfying cloud9:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »
In all probability her Carbon Monoxide detector is telling her that the battery is running out. whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.