Disgusterous

Author Topic: Burst Pipes  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Burst Pipes
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »
Water supply to the washing machine has been frozen for a couple of days. Must have warmed up a bit outside today because the f*cker just burst! evil:
Fortunately I had the necessary blanks to enable me to turn off the water, unscrew the pipe, blank it off and restore the water supply ~ all in ten minutes but now we are looking at the launderette for a few days whilst I reconfigure the kitchen to bring the washing machine into the house rather than where it currently resides in the outhouse with the pipes running outside of the house wall. This happened two years ago as well and I said then that I would have to shift it inside but ended up repairing and relagging the pipe. Shouldda known better. ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Burst Pipes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »
If you'd let your poor wife have a tumble drier the heat from it would have kept the pipes from freezing!  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
Water supply to the washing machine has been frozen for a couple of days. Must have warmed up a bit outside today because the f*cker just burst! evil:
Fortunately I had the necessary blanks to enable me to turn off the water, unscrew the pipe, blank it off and restore the water supply ~ all in ten minutes but now we are looking at the launderette for a few days whilst I reconfigure the kitchen to bring the washing machine into the house rather than where it currently resides in the outhouse with the pipes running outside of the house wall. This happened two years ago as well and I said then that I would have to shift it inside but ended up repairing and relagging the pipe. Shouldda known better. ::)

Deep breaths and count to ten Snoops.
No one has died, and things could be worse.
Think of all those less fortunate than yourself and the rest of us.

I sincerley hope you get it sorted quickly however. Good luck, and we are all thinking of you at this very annoying time.

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »
If it freezes tonight they could go skating in the kitchen!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »
My jet washer seems to have frozen, so the muddy truck will have to stay dirty for now.
Bit of a nuisance, but hey ho, it's not the end of the world is it? noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
If you'd let your poor wife have a tumble drier the heat from it would have kept the pipes from freezing!  point:

DOLT! The pipe runs along an outside wall and back into the outhouse where the washing machine is ~ are you suggesting a tumble dryer should have been placed in the fvcking garden? Banghead

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 04:51:03 PM »

The fecking burst pipe is OUTSIDE of the house  Banghead

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »

DOLT! The pipe runs along an outside wall and back into the outhouse where the washing machine is ~ are you suggesting a tumble dryer should have been placed in the fvcking garden? Banghead
And why not...?  Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 04:54:37 PM »

Deep breaths and count to ten Snoops.
No one has died, and things could be worse.
Think of all those less fortunate than yourself and the rest of us.

I sincerley hope you get it sorted quickly however. Good luck, and we are all thinking of you at this very annoying time.

Thanks Big G. Sorted the immediate problem, as I said, in ten minutes. No big deal ~ just inconvienent.

AND I shall have to spend hours in the launderette watching yummy mummies smalls going round. ~ It's gonna be a tough week, there is even a pub within 50 yards of the launderette. whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »

And why not...?  Shrugs:

No electricity socket out there. whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 06:55:41 PM »

And why not...?  Shrugs:

No electricity socket out there. whistle:
;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

And why not...?  Shrugs:
It would make an unusual but interesting water feature worthy of a spot on Ground Force though.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »

And why not...?  Shrugs:
It would make an unusual but interesting water feature worthy of a spot on Ground Force though.

ONLY if Charlie brings her Dimmocks round to install it.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »
now we are looking at the launderette for a few days

Is there no river with flat rocks within a mile or so?

Mrs S#2 would enjoy the walk and fresh air.
I mostly despair