Author Topic: Time to Undeck the Halls of their Boughs of Holly  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Time to Undeck the Halls of their Boughs of Holly
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
Our treeis going. How to get it out of hte house without spreading all those pine needles everywhere is the problem. And it is not going to the dump in my car, not after last time  evil:
When I was a kid the tree had about two inches of needles under it by the time we took the lights off... sucking them all up the hoover was a great game...

At Miss Piggy's house I couldn't even pull the needles off the tree (no it wasn't a plastic tree) - some bizarre genetic breeding monstrosity no doubt.

Nick, you bought the wrong type of tree!  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »
Praps so, but it was 'reduced to clear'   whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »
Our treeis going. How to get it out of hte house without spreading all those pine needles everywhere is the problem. And it is not going to the dump in my car, not after last time  evil:
When I was a kid the tree had about two inches of needles under it by the time we took the lights off... sucking them all up the hoover was a great game...

At Miss Piggy's house I couldn't even pull the needles off the tree (no it wasn't a plastic tree) - some bizarre genetic breeding monstrosity no doubt.

Nick, you bought the wrong type of tree!  point:

Was Miss Piggy aware of your tree wrecking attempts and do you expect to be invited back again?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 11:36:49 AM »
Praps so, but it was 'reduced to clear'   whistle:
A bargain then!  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 11:44:08 AM »
Ours are down.... all confined to 3 boxes, sealed and clearly marked............ just in case we have to move again like!!!!   sad24:

Now to clear up the mess!!

I've even changed out of my Christmas outfit!!!

I know it's unlucky to leave them up after 5th...hadn't heard of it being unlucky to take them down early!!

Who's starting their spring cleaning?   lol:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »
I took ours down on new yrs day, always have done for long time. Dont see point once new yr is all out way, if Tg would have own way would have been down before, but i did put it up on 1st december.
Also I Keep seeing reduced wrapping paper an cards which seem to fall into my shopping basket, all sorted for next yr... whistle:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »
I took ours down on new yrs day, always have done for long time. Dont see point once new yr is all out way, if Tg would have own way would have been down before, but i did put it up on 1st december.
Also I Keep seeing reduced wrapping paper an cards which seem to fall into my shopping basket, all sorted for next yr... whistle:

Mrs S#1 used to buy her cards, wrapping paper etc in the Jan sales and then, come December, she had forgotten where she had "hidden" them  ::)
Happened year after year. She only ever found the bargains again when we moved house.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »
Ours are down.... all confined to 3 boxes, sealed and clearly marked............ just in case we have to move again like!!!!   sad24:

I thougknow it's unlucky to leave them up after 5th...hadn't heard of it being unlucky to take them down early!!

I fancy doing a whole house spring clean...must be something about taking the decs down. Want to completely decorate my bedroom, put new flooring in the bathroom, buy a new 47 inch lcd 100hz tv, put new carpets in hall & living room.  Phew  eeek:

Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »
Wait till May. You will have time then. ANd you can get a man in to help you  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »
Wait till May. You will have time then. ANd you can get a man in to help you  whistle:

And where do you find these men that are willing to help  confused2:

But yes plan to do a bit of this in May and a lot of browsing before then  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

I thougknow it's unlucky to leave them up after 5th...hadn't heard of it being unlucky to take them down early!!

I fancy doing a whole house spring clean...must be something about taking the decs down. Want to completely decorate my bedroom, put new flooring in the bathroom, buy a new 47 inch lcd 100hz tv, put new carpets in hall & living room.  Phew  eeek:

And a Blu-Ray player like...?  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »

Not convinced of my need for one of those yet BM  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »

Mrs S#1 used to buy her cards, wrapping paper etc in the Jan sales and then, come December, she had forgotten where she had "hidden" them  ::)
Happened year after year. She only ever found the bargains again when we moved house.

Not if u put them in your xmas tree decorations box, then there they are when you get em out again, no problems!
 point:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »

Not convinced of my need for one of those yet BM  rubschin:
eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »

Not if u put them in your xmas tree decorations box, then there they are when you get em out again, no problems!
 point:

Actually I did suggest that one year but she  angry041: didn't agree. Apparently I was too stupid to realise that she would not be getting the decorations boxes out until looooooong after all presents had been bought and wrapped.
Anywhoo ~ Divorce was easier in the end.