Disgusterous

Author Topic: Total Wipeout  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Total Wipeout
« on: January 10, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »
This is already becoming a guilty pleasure of mine. BBC1 Saturdays at 1730, it's sort of It's a Knockout with lots of mud and water but without the penguin suits etc. It involves the sort of loud, in-your-face contestants that you take great pleasure in seeing them falling, being half-drowned in mud and water, falling off beams, being hit by rotating beams and boxing gloves etc. It was on in the background at a mates house last weekend and I made a point of watching it tonight

Growler could diversify, this time next year he'll be a millionaire

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iAi-EJdGRiI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=00yTIg1bTMk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zO3-sXF5VhM
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Total Wipeout
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:22:36 AM »
 ;D I like that!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »
Damn. Missed that last night. Good show. Is it repeated anytime?

Dunno about being a millionaire like, but things are defo pickin' up at Swamp 2, with plans nearly in place for a couple of new things for me to play around in the mud with, big kid that I really am attractions this year.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »

Dunno about being a millionaire like, but things are defo pickin' up at Swamp 2, with plans nearly in place for a couple of new things for me to play around in the mud with, big kid that I really am attractions this year.
JCB Experience...?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:47:58 AM »

Yes, and possibly buggies and quad trekking too. Remote control off roading model rock crawlers, and possibly an air rifle range.
All of this of course depends on bloody PL insutrance quotes which I'm currently struggling through to obtain quotes for. Thieving gets. evil:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »

Yes, and possibly buggies and quad trekking too. Remote control off roading model rock crawlers, and possibly an air rifle range.
All of this of course depends on bloody PL insutrance quotes which I'm currently struggling through to obtain quotes for. Thieving gets. evil:
Sounds great!

How about some clay shooting? Joe Public loves to fire a real gun and will pay £££££s for a couple of shots.  happy088
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 10:01:55 AM »
This is already becoming a guilty pleasure of mine. BBC1 Saturdays at 1730, it's sort of It's a Knockout with lots of mud and water but without the penguin suits etc. It involves the sort of loud, in-your-face contestants that you take great pleasure in seeing them falling, being half-drowned in mud and water, falling off beams, being hit by rotating beams and boxing gloves etc. It was on in the background at a mates house last weekend and I made a point of watching it tonight

Growler could diversify, this time next year he'll be a millionaire

My two boys love it ~ but then they are 10 and 8 years old. THW likes it because it has Richard Hammond in it. I like it because it keeps the children occupied whilst I read a book. Wife has only seen three minutes of it and said "What is this shite?" to which I replied "Dunno but they are quiet"
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »

Sounds great!

How about some clay shooting? Joe Public loves to fire a real gun and will pay £££££s for a couple of shots.  happy088
Guns!!!!! cloud9: cloud9: cloud9: I handed in all my pistols to the local cop shop many many years ago....A young fresh faced bobby was quite overwhelmed  with it all and wanted to know if the .357 mag came with wheels, a lovely lovely gun, 6" barrel, target sights and Pachmeir grips, bloody useless against rabbits though, one shot and  bugger all left for the cook pot.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »

Sounds great!

It has been discussed, but with me knowing precious little anout REAL guns like, I'm really not interested tbh. Too much to go very badly wrong in the hands of a novice.

The landowner is though, only there lies another problem....noise to upset the neighbours. ::)
It's up to him, and apparently he has already got the whizzy clay pigeon chucking out machiney type contraption thingy whotsit.

Great fun, and I have done it meself like with reasonable success, but not summat I'd like to be in charge of. noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »

Sounds great!

It has been discussed, but with me knowing precious little anout REAL guns like, I'm really not interested tbh. Too much to go very badly wrong in the hands of a novice.

The landowner is though, only there lies another problem....noise to upset the neighbours. ::)
It's up to him, and apparently he has already got the whizzy clay pigeon chucking out machiney type contraption thingy whotsit.
That'll be a 'trap' then...  whistle:

Yes, you'd need to know a bit about shooting and they need 100% supervision obviously... the nice thing about 'teaching' people like this you can quite easily send the cocky 'know it all' types home with a fucking great bruise on their shoulders!  lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »
Trap, yes. That's the one.
Stoopid name for a whizzy out clay pigeon shooty out machine thingy wotnot if you ask me. ::)

Bein' a farmer like, he's got access to several guns and is quite keen, but he can sort out his own PL insurance on that one.
Wonder if you can put a silencer on a double barrel shotgun like? rubschin:

Meanwhile, my latest cuzzy this morning had a whale of a time, and became very interested when I mentioned the future development project. Ebven I'm quite excited tbh, especially the JCB mini digger thing. I'll get meself on a course first though.

Can't believe I'm getting paid for having so much fun. Call this werk? noooo: lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
Trap, yes. That's the one.
Stoopid name for a whizzy out clay pigeon shooty out machine thingy wotnot if you ask me. ::)

Bein' a farmer like, he's got access to several guns and is quite keen, but he can sort out his own PL insurance on that one.
Wonder if you can put a silencer on a double barrel shotgun like? rubschin:

Meanwhile, my latest cuzzy this morning had a whale of a time, and became very interested when I mentioned the future development project. Ebven I'm quite excited tbh, especially the JCB mini digger thing. I'll get meself on a course first though.

Can't believe I'm getting paid for having so much fun. Call this werk? noooo: lol:

Yes, and if you use sub-sonic ammunition the gun is almost silent like... However, it won't have the same appeal to punters and certainly won't be such a good crowd puller-inner like...  noooo:

You'll need a 'safety distance' of 275 meters in EVERY direction in which shots can be fired from each firing point to meet CPSA (Clay Pigeon Shooting Association) guidelines tho...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »
Mini moose found a piece of lead shot in her Goose she was 'avin' for dinner while we in the Lake District in November. eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »
Mini moose found a piece of lead shot in her Goose she was 'avin' for dinner while we in the Lake District in November. eeek:
Well...? did she think it had died of old age or what...?  Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
Well...? did she think it had died of old age or what...?  Shrugs:

Who knows, but even I was a bit suprised to see it like. Dunno why. Thought p'raps they cleaned em all out first like, dunno? confused: