Disgusterous

Author Topic: Total Wipeout  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Total Wipeout
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
You can't always find them all. Usually the first I know of the shot in the bird is when I hear it "Ping" as it hits the pan the following morning. (That may be a little too much information for some) whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »
You can't always find them all. Usually the first I know of the shot in the bird is when I hear it "Ping" as it hits the pan the following morning. (That may be a little too much information for some) whistle:
lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »
We are about to have a contractor in clearing the embankments of rabbits and they are going to use ferrets (we use to use cyanide). Health and safety (here we go)  heard about it and asked a question via e-mail last week, and I quote, "Can you tell me where you will be releasing the rabbits because we don't want maurading rabbits running about the motorway". I nearly fell off my bloody chair laughing and replied that they will become part of the food-chain elsewhere
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »
I expect the same people think that the beef they eat for Sunday lunch comes from Tesco and are incapable of connecting the joint with a cow. noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »
I expect the same people think that the beef they eat for Sunday lunch comes from Tesco and are incapable of connecting the joint with a cow. noooo:

Being a bit of an animal lover meself like, THAT is exactly how I like to see it when I'm buying the Sunday roast tbh.
If I stood around looking and thinking for too long about exactly where and what etc., I'd be a veggie. sick2:
Had all this heated discussion with Mrs Growler just before Crimbo when she ordered the farm turkey, and I reminded her that it was actually currently running around without a care in the werld, problee thinking how good it was to be alive like.
But just two days later.... sad32:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »

Being a bit of an animal lover meself like, THAT is exactly how I like to see it when I'm buying the Sunday roast tbh.
If I stood around looking and thinking for too long about exactly where and what etc., I'd be a veggie. sick2:
Had all this heated discussion with Mrs Growler just before Crimbo when she ordered the farm turkey, and I reminded her that it was actually currently running around without a care in the werld, problee thinking how good it was to be alive like.
You don't know that... it might have been well pissed off, hated the food, had no friends... longing for death like...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »

You don't know that... it might have been well pissed off, hated the food, had no friends... longing for death like...  noooo:

Too late now. It'll be in the sewer somewhere. sad32:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 06:57:03 PM »

Too late now. It'll be in the sewer somewhere. sad32:
Ah... turkey heaven...  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »
When we had a pub we did lunches and coming up to Christmas a group of wimmin from  local bank booked themselves a table for Christmas Lunch. Three of the 10 were vegetarians the girl who booked warned us and we made provision for suitable festive vegetarian fare but the others were happy with the normal menu ~ a choice of Turkey or Haunch of Venison ~ until one of them asked me "exactly what is 'haunch of venison?" and I replied "Bambi's spotty bits" whereupon two of them burst into tears.  ::) Wimmin!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »
When we had a pub we did lunches and coming up to Christmas a group of wimmin from  local bank booked themselves a table for Christmas Lunch. Three of the 10 were vegetarians the girl who booked warned us and we made provision for suitable festive vegetarian fare but the others were happy with the normal menu ~ a choice of Turkey or Haunch of Venison ~ until one of them asked me "exactly what is 'haunch of venison?" and I replied "Bambi's spotty bits" whereupon two of them burst into tears.  ::) Wimmin!
lol: lol: lol:

I bet you were a fantastic landlord Snoops!  worthy:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
I had a certain reputation whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »
I had a certain reputation whistle:
I'm surprised the veggies turned up!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »
I'm surprised he gave them a choice and catered for any minority need - very impressed  eeek:
Skubber

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »
..'kin Outstanding Snoops, You will do for me mate! drumroll:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »
I didn't mean to upset anyone ~ I thought "Bambi's spotty bits" sounded better than "A lump of a deer's arse". FFS the pub was in the New Forest ~ deer abounded ('specially if you knew a gamekeeper or two)
Anyway they all calmed down with a complimentary bottle of house wine ~ a small sacrifice on my part that cost all of £2.50 (to me) when set against their bill which came in at around £120.