Author Topic: Dryin' the dishes  (Read 1523 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Dryin' the dishes
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:00:13 AM »
After an unholy row with the 2 moosi last night over the new 'prancing on ice' shite programme that's just started on a Sunday night, I decided to bugger off in a huff and go and wash the dishes that can't be stuffed in the machine.
Mrs Growler was most impressed when she finally slithered into the kitchen, but then started on me for not dryin' them. ::)
My arguement is that it's unhygenic to use an old rag to dry them, and they should be left to dry themselves. Correct?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Dryin' the dishes
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »
After an unholy row with the 2 moosi last night over the new 'prancing on ice' shite programme that's just started on a Sunday night, I decided to bugger off in a huff and go and wash the dishes that can't be stuffed in the machine.
Mrs Growler was most impressed when she finally slithered into the kitchen, but then started on me for not dryin' them. ::)
My arguement is that it's unhygenic to use an old rag to dry them, and they should be left to dry themselves. Correct?
Absolutely correct Growler!  happy088

Your mistake though was to wash them in the first place and not leave them in a big heap 'til the wishdosher was ready for them...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
No. Some cookery type implement thingies can't be put in the dishwasher....apparently, alledgedly, according to the gospel of Mrs St. know it bloody all Growler. ::)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »
I can never be arsed with drying them - inevitably they will also get used again before you can put them away anyway.

I think it is more of an appearance thing than a hygiene issue. Some people just can't stand walking into a kitchen and seeing anything cluttering the surfaces  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »
No. Some cookery type implement thingies can't be put in the dishwasher....apparently, alledgedly, according to the gospel of Mrs St. know it bloody all Growler. ::)
::)

Rule #2
Any cookery type implement thingies that can't be put in the dishwasher will be washed up by hand by the cook.

See?  cool14:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »

Rule #2
Any cookery type implement thingies that can't be put in the dishwasher will be washed up by hand by the cook.

See?  cool14:

Agreed, but it was that or watch utter utter utter utter shite on the telly (again) with the moose's, or come in here and talk to meself like. ::)
Dish washing was a theraputic 'cooling down option' on this occassion.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »

Rule #2

See?  cool14:

Agreed, but it was that or watch utter utter utter utter shite on the telly (again) with the moose's, or come in here and talk to meself like. ::)
If you washed them in hot water with anti-bacterial washing liquid then allowing them to dry in air is safer than using a towel unless that towel was just taken from a sealed, sterile bag.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »

Rule #2

See?  cool14:

If you washed them in hot water with anti-bacterial washing liquid then allowing them to dry in air is safer than using a towel unless that towel was just taken from a sealed, sterile bag.

On the other hand just let the dog lick 'em clean. whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »

Rule #2

See?  cool14:

lol: lol:
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »

Rule #2

See?  cool14:

Couldn't. She was watching shite on ice on telly. ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »

Rule #2

See?  cool14:

drumroll:  lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »

Rule #2

See?  cool14:

happy001
I mostly despair

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
Dementia my beloved went ballistic because I threw a pair of old shreddies (underpants) in the bin, she insisted in putting them the washing machine before they went out to the bin men. The  image of binmen foraging through our bin bags and complaining about my old dirty shreddies is scary . No! she did not iron them.

Total off topic I know....

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
Dementia my beloved went ballistic because I threw a pair of old shreddies (underpants) in the bin, she insisted in putting them the washing machine before they went out to the bin men. The  image of binmen foraging through our bin bags and complaining about my old dirty shreddies is scary . No! she did not iron them.

Total off topic I know....

Not at all.

Women can be strange creatures and always worth a mention at times like this.

Why do toilet seats have to be left down when we have guests?

Both sexes have to lift at least one lid before use, so there are no secrets and only the potential for a nasty surprise.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »
Mrs Nick rinses our plastic bottles (milk and suchlike) before I take them to the dump. Why?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile