Author Topic: What is a "Hero"  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: What is a "Hero"
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:45 AM »
First crash on water I ever heard of where anyone survived. I think he did well
Yes, but not a hero!   Banghead

Why so miffed BM ?

This was not part of his job that he ever thought he would have to do , and lets be honest, survive if it happened.

To all those people that are petrified of flying it might offer just a glimmer of hope in their catastrophic outlook and to all the families of those people on board the plane he will never be viewed as anything else.

Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »
First crash on water I ever heard of where anyone survived. I think he did well
Yes, but not a hero!   Banghead

Why so miffed BM ?

This was not part of his job that he ever thought he would have to do , and lets be honest, survive if it happened.

To all those people that are petrified of flying it might offer just a glimmer of hope in their catastrophic outlook and to all the families of those people on board the plane he will never be viewed as anything else.

Of course it was part of his job!  Banghead

Pilots train for emergencies like this all the time... that's why there are trained pilots up the front and not monkeys...  noooo:

Of course, we pilots (  whistle: ) hope that such a thing will never happen, but that is precisely what they are trained (and paid huge amounts) for...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 02:35:08 PM »

Pilots train for emergencies like this all the time... that's why there are trained pilots up the front and not monkeys...  noooo:

Of course, we pilots (  whistle: ) hope that such a thing will never happen, but that is precisely what they are trained (and paid huge amounts) for...

happy100

So if you were the pilot of this aircraft and both engines had gone just after take off I presume you would be fairly confident (after your extensive and expensive training) of being at home for dinner that evening  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »

happy100

So if you were the pilot of this aircraft and both engines had gone just after take off I presume you would be fairly confident (after your extensive and expensive training) of being at home for dinner that evening  rubschin:
Of course...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

Bollox - I only had to look at the picture to get the ear worm...  cussing:

Same here, but it got Hatton out of my head
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie