Author Topic: Money making me unhappy  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Money making me unhappy
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »
Nope honestly - I had no inclination. Maybe us wimmin do have some of that intuition stuff after all  eeek:
Skubber

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 07:25:47 PM »
Everest, eh? What could possibly go wrong?  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 07:52:10 PM »
You could invest in the GOS Home for Unwed Mothers, the perks are brill! cloud9:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »
Everest, eh? What could possibly go wrong?  rubschin:

Dunno, wouldn't care tbh. whistle:
Just a pipe dream sadly.

I'll say it again MD, that really is strange mentioning what you said. Awesome you mind reader you.  eeek:
 Lets face it, you could have suggested anything in the werld!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:14:59 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:39 AM »
Just a pipe dream sadly.

Why?

Everest Base Camp Trek
Thanks for that.
When I say it's a pipe dream, I mean I don't know if 'physically' my body would be able to take it cus of this bastard illness thing of mine. As much as I love hillwalking with the odd mountain chucked in now and then, I am rather slow cus of me legs get very tired, as I found out to my cost on Snowdon on NYD 2 weeks ago. I rather think a certain pace has to be maintained to keep on schedule. I'll certainly look into it though, as it would be a life long ambition at relatively low cost realised. cloud9:
The old alltitude sickness is something else too. Did you see Michael Palin's expedition programme on the tv a couple of years ago? He was bloody ill, and he's a fit....ish bloke. eeek:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »
Many years ago I saw the sunrise over the Himalaya mountains from Tiger Hill, Darjeeling

Awesome.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 10:22:02 AM »
There was once an old Dutch seaman who had reached retirement after many many years at sea. He asked his faithful old wife what they should do in retirement.
"Well" she said "I have spent all these years whilst you have been at sea watching across the flat fields of Holland waiting to see you coming home on leave. I think I would like a change"
The old seadog agreed that after years of gazing at the flatness of the oceans with only a distant horizon he too would like a change of scene so they moved to Switzerland. They marvelled at the mountains, the snowy peaks all around them but within three months they had sold up and returned to their old village in Holland.
"Why have you come back?" asked all the neighbours "What was wrong with Switzerland ~ was it the people?"
"No" replied the old salt "It was the mountains ~ they get in the way of the view"

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »
Just a pipe dream sadly.

Why?

Everest Base Camp Trek
Thanks for that.
When I say it's a pipe dream, I mean I don't know if 'physically' my body would be able to take it cus of this bastard illness thing of mine. As much as I love hillwalking with the odd mountain chucked in now and then, I am rather slow cus of me legs get very tired, as I found out to my cost on Snowdon on NYD 2 weeks ago. I rather think a certain pace has to be maintained to keep on schedule. I'll certainly look into it though, as it would be a life long ambition at relatively low cost realised. cloud9:
The old alltitude sickness is something else too. Did you see Michael Palin's expedition programme on the tv a couple of years ago? He was bloody ill, and he's a fit....ish bloke. eeek:
Go for it Growler, live the dream mate