Author Topic: Mr Nick is a very naughty boy  (Read 14354 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Mr Nick is a very naughty boy
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »
I watched one of those many police reality TV shows a couple of nights ago. A chap had run out of fuel and was walking to the nearest petrol station can in hand to get a refill. The police saw him and kindly gave him a lift. Not sure if the ran him back to his car but they smelt alcohol on his breathe. They didn't warn him against driving but radioed to another police car up the road to look out for for him.

Of course the guy drove past and the police followed him to a petrol station where they arrested him for drink-driving. 

Bastards!

Have you noticed how they are all smiley, jokey and nice and friendly like, in front of the cameras when nicking people?

They are always like that unless the person they are arresting is putting up a fight. The laughing is their showing pleasure at getting another notch on their handcuffs. Any copper who does not hit his target for arrests gets it in the neck from high up so they are incentivised to catch people. Doesn't matter what for ~ it all counts as "clear up"
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2009, 02:04:56 PM »
I watched one of those many police reality TV shows a couple of nights ago. A chap had run out of fuel and was walking to the nearest petrol station can in hand to get a refill. The police saw him and kindly gave him a lift. Not sure if the ran him back to his car but they smelt alcohol on his breathe. They didn't warn him against driving but radioed to another police car up the road to look out for for him.

Of course the guy drove past and the police followed him to a petrol station where they arrested him for drink-driving. 

Bastards!

Have you noticed how they are all smiley, jokey and nice and friendly like, in front of the cameras when nicking people?

They are always like that unless the person they are arresting is putting up a fight. The laughing is their showing pleasure at getting another notch on their handcuffs. Any copper who does not hit his target for arrests gets it in the neck from high up so they are incentivised to catch people. Doesn't matter what for ~ it all counts as "clear up"

In real time, or just on telly like?

Never been arrested so I wouldn't personally know like. noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2009, 02:08:06 PM »

You mean they're putting on an act? <gasp>

Yea yea, I know, hard to fathom out I know, but there again, I am a bit of an old cynic...apparently,alledgedly, so they say like. ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2009, 02:12:06 PM »
Most coppers of my aquaintance treat it all as a bit of a laugh between themselves and try quite hard to keep a straight face when dealing with the public. Real Criminals they treat differently but your average middle aged speeder or drink driver is more likely, if co-operative, to get a smile and a bit of banter. What they don't like is arguments. What they do like is "Yes sir, sorry sir, anything you say sir". Arse kissing is an art that they are forced to practice daily on their superiors and they like to get a bit back.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »
The cops who got me were perfectly polite and professional. Mind you, I took care to be bloody polite to them!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2009, 02:18:30 PM »
The cops who got me were perfectly polite and professional. Mind you, I took care to be bloody polite to them!

I've just been extremely rude to one of my (now ex) customers.

2 weeks of pent up frustration blown out in the local Saab showroom in 30 seconds.
Sweet. cloud9:
Any soft sod can werk for nothing, and that in essence just what I've been doing for them

Offline Nick

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
A new refreshingingly tolerant Growler.
  whistle:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
My brother runs a club in ......... (names not given to protect the innocent)

He recently had cause to 'eject' a person from the club as he was being aggressive and rude to the staff - completely and utterly bladdered  eeek:

Turns out he was an off duty Inspector in the xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx police dept.

my brother is now being prosecuted for assault even though they have the CCTV from the club to show how this bloke behaved.

It is with the CPS at the moment - you would hope they would see sense - we shall see  noooo:

I'd suggest 'leaking' the story to the media. After all, as long as your Brother followd all the regulations with regards to removing drunken and abusive patrons then you have a clear cut story of abuse of police power. The kind of story that sells news.

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
yep - that is already in Hand GM - as is a tit fo tat prosecution against the officer  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
Well to prepare, like, I decided to use Tesco Online for the week's shopping like. A bit more expert than last time I used it, but I seem to have accidentally purchased 4 kilos of figs  evil:

I am not short of pears either  evil:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »
Well to prepare, like, I decided to use Tesco Online for the week's shopping like. A bit more expert than last time I used it, but I seem to have accidentally purchased 4 kilos of figs  evil:

eeek:

No doubt you'll become a regular online shopper

Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2009, 09:30:53 PM »

eeek:

He could lose his licence for excess speed in his digestive Transit as well.
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »

eeek:

4kgs of figs !!!!

You won't be needing the worm tablets Nick  lol:

Figs are yuk by the way  sick2:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

eeek:

drumroll:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2009, 10:15:48 AM »

eeek:

drumroll: