Author Topic: Wildlife woes  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Wildlife woes
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »
Given that this is Nick we are talking about it may explain why the infamous John hurt scene in Alien suddenly springs to mind...  eeek:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »
 evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
Call it Vermicella  ;)
Wormicella?

Er.... yes.
Vermicelli is very fine, long strands of pasta - like a skinny spaghetti - often used in soups. The name means 'little worms' in Italian. It's available fresh or dried.
;)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 04:12:40 PM »
Alternate therapy perhaps?

Offline Nick

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
 evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »
I'd recommend keeping a change of clothing close by Nick. Given your track record with wildlife odds are the moment your 'passenger' realises who it is residing in you'll find it rocketing out from your arse at Mach 9..  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »
Am I being really thick here ( please don't all shout at once you'll deafen me  lol: ) but what on / in  earth is the point of bringing them home  confused2:

Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:07 PM »
I was thinking of a gerl's name. It doesn't feel like a George  rubschin:

Speaking of which my mate Tony is visiting next weekend. I must ask him what his elephant's name is (he's not bringing it)*

*At least I don't think he is  eeek:

He got a zoo by any chance? I'm looking for a suitable zoo...like.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 06:04:19 PM »
Am I being really thick here ( please don't all shout at once you'll deafen me  lol: ) but what on / in  earth is the point of bringing them home  confused2:

School children ~ being filthy little beasts frequently "come home" with worms. These are not 25 foot long tape worms but are passed from child to child by poor toilet hygiene. They reside just inside the anus, are a couple of millimetres in length and are never normally seen, they are white in colour. The first signs are usually that the child spends a lot of time scratching its bottom. Sometimes but not always, if you are very quick and willing to look, you can see them in the child's stools. The worms abhor light and as soon as the child drops it's underwear they retreat up into the anus. Dark pants can often be whipped down and examined in the hopes of proving an infestation. Usual treatment is a course of tablets over several days or even weeks to ensure that all the worms and their later hatching eggs are removed. The infection usually spreads quite quickly through a school. Washing of hands and frequent applications of ointment to sooth the itch are recommended. They are BTW Thread Worms.

We have been down this route several times ~ another good reason for home education.

Use Detol or something similar to clean the toilet seat at home everytime it is used and make sure every one washes their hands EVERY TIME preferably with a hospital type handwash.

PS How do you know The Boy has them Nick and why would you think (other than as a result of a fevered imagination) that you will have caught them from him already? Mrs S#2 and I have never caught them despite both boys having "Brought them home" on several occasions
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:08:58 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »
I was being thick  doh: i thought he'd bought one home intentionally  noooo:

Time for a lie down  sleep021
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »
I was being thick  doh: i thought he'd bought one home intentionally  noooo:

Time for a lie down  sleep021

This is Nick we are talking about Miss D, when wierd stuff happens it is NEVER intentional  whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
Agreed GM - but this was the boy and anything goes then  shrugs:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
TBF to both The Boy and Nick ~ Thread worms are as common as nits these days.
Whereas when I was at school the nit nurse would regularly examine every child and any visit to the "bogs" was always followed by a bellowed "AND WASH YOUR HANDS BOY" nowdays no-one bothers until a parent complains that their child has "Caught something" and then the schools send out pathetic letters asking parents to examine their own children and treat them if anything is found.

Of course the standard excuse is that nits are nowadays more resistant to treatment etc ~ bollox! We can cure them in five days in this house. The same excuses are trotted out about the Thread Worms. It is bad hygiene and nothing more but the Teachers do not see it as their job to remind children to wash their hands after going to the toilet and before going into the dining hall.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:32:52 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 06:33:51 PM »
I hated those letters it meant a night of combing / whinging / crying etc from the brat when you have to go through their hair, wash the linen   evil:

Why does it all seem to stop when they go to secondary school though - do nits not go too big school ???
Skubber