Author Topic: Global Warming rant  (Read 455 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Global Warming rant
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
I had a call yesterday from someone doing research for the NW Regional Development Agency. She asked me if I would consider making a contribution in cash to some daft new scheme to 'offset my carbon emissions'. She said the the RDA is putting some of 'their'money into it, businesses are being asked for a contribution and so are individuals.

Yes or No?

I said NO!

Why?

1. The RDA has no money. It has my money, from my tax  evil:
2. After I have paid tax I pay tax again to fill my car up, run it on the road and VAT on every other buggering thing I need  cussing:
3. Had she not heard there is a Depression?  Banghead
4. I do not believe that 'Climate Change' is man made  angry037

WHy should the RDA use my tax money to on some lentillist scheme AND expect me to cough up more from my after tax income for some other idiocy.  cussing:

Do you ever fly, she asked? 'Would you like to offset your carbon footprint?'  evil:

My last flight to Spain cost £2.49 with £90 IN EFFING TAX. What numpty would voluntarily offer to pay more effing tax.
 cussing:
I think she got the message  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Global Warming rant
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
 happ096
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »
I see there were discussions on the news this morning about limiting an individuals ability to fly to once a year. As flying is obviously the biggest contributor to this problem   ::) - won't stop them building more runways though  noooo:

If they really belive that this will work then they should be sectioned now. There would be so many exclusions, variations, celebrities obviously don't count as most of their publicity is achieved in airports  evil:, racqueteering from people selling their allowance etc

Utter utter tosh  cussing:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
And don't forget politicians!!  Banghead cussing:

And the survey was being done by a research agency being paid for out of MY TAX MONEY!  Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:12:52 AM by Nick »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:45:40 AM »
Well said Nick!  happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 01:52:40 PM »
I see there were discussions on the news this morning about limiting an individuals ability to fly to once a year. As flying is obviously the biggest contributor to this problem   ::) - won't stop them building more runways though  noooo:

If they really belive that this will work then they should be sectioned now. There would be so many exclusions, variations, celebrities obviously don't count as most of their publicity is achieved in airports  evil:, racqueteering from people selling their allowance etc

Utter utter tosh  cussing:
I heard about that too, a couple of questions that did pop up were, would a round trip to Australia equal one round trip to Paris?
Would the military be subjected to one bombing run per year? The whole idea is a non-starter IMO

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »
Would the military be subjected to one bombing run per year?

As long as they bomb Scotland