Author Topic: Dialing from abroad  (Read 4226 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Dialing from abroad
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »
Can you believe this!  eeek:
Just had a note from school given to me by Moose Jnr, saying that they've had a change of heart, meaning that kids CAN now take their phones with them, as well as their I pod bluetooth wotnot blackberry game boy thingio rays and whatever's electrical entertainment shite, but the kids will be responsible for it all if it gets nicked.....as it would have been anyway. ::)

What a complete waste of a high blood pressure building shite experience all that has been then ey? Bloody tossers. Banghead

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 05:36:03 PM »
My girl went to London with her GCSE English Class yesterday to see a play. Despite being told in advance by letter to home, in class last week, on the coach en route twice and by the theatre staff as they took their seats to switch off their phones two of them managed to have their mobiles go off whilst the performance was taking place. Both calls were from parents wanting to know if "they were enjoying their time at the theatre"  ::) Says it all really ~ fecking chavs.

The best bit was that THW and boyfriend had already decided to spend the free time before the performance visiting the National Gallery. The coach dropped everyone at Trafalgar Sq and the teacher in charge told them they had an hour. THW and bf were asked where they were going and when they told the teacher she said "You won't have time to get there and back in an hour" THW asked teacher where she thought the Nat Gallery was and teacher said "You'll need to catch a tube". THW said "So it is not that big white building across the road then Miss? The one at the top of the steps." BF laughed and they were both given a detention.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 05:50:39 PM »
 noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »
I know Wenchy ~ unbelievable isn't it? And these people are in charge.

When they met up the teacher called a role, ensured all were present and said "follow me" and charged off down The Strand. THW said to BF "This is not the way to the Duke of York's Theatre, should we tell her?" "Not yet" came the reply. When they reached Charing Cross Station they decided to tell her via a male teacher who laughed, asked them to show the class the way, spoke to "Miss" who had a small tantrum and followed behind fuming.

The detention was cancelled. The junior male teacher sought them out during lunch today and thanked them. "Miss" has not spoken to either of them all day.

For those who don't know the correct route is the one diametrically opposite to the one selected by "Miss"

THW dressed in her usual (when not in school uniform) jeans, boots, scarf and black overcoat tells us that her little friends turned up in the latest "scally" fashion of Shorts over black tights, frilly little blouses etc. In other words what "Girls Aloud" & co were wearing two years ago. THW says she refused to acknowledge that she was with them as they looked like "tourists".

When they left the theatre one girl expressed surprise at the lack of rain "Because of all the thunder while we was watching the play like" THW asked "What thunder?" and the child said she had heard a storm which must have been overhead because the thunder was happening every few minutes. "Miss” said she had heard it too. THW and BF explained that what they had heard was the rumble of the tube as it goes under the theatre.  lol:

I've told the two of them to write it all up for the school magazine but they say there is no point as the scallys and sheepshaggers will never understand.

I am soooooooooo glad we have taught our children about life outside of Wales.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:53:52 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
Do people like that really exist there? They really are like that?  eeek:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
I'm afraid it is all true. THW is in stitches about it all. Says the best part was when they went into the theatre and the chappy that tears the tickets was giving instructions to each child in turn about phones etc and when he got to THW and BF just waved them through and carried on haranguing the next bunch of kids ~ presumably he figured THW and BF were not tourists.

Miss, when they said they were going into the Nat Gallery, had told them also that it would cost them a "fortune" but THW had patiently (as only a teenage girl can, with much skyward glancing, sighing, tapping of foot and mute appeals to the audience etc) explained that the National Gallery houses the "National Collection" of art and is free ~ That only for special exhibitions, which are normally in the Sainsbury Wing, is anyone charged admission. I think it was the sighing and foot tapping that got her the detention. lol:

They lost one at a service area on the way back ~ two head counts five minutes apart confirmed this so a "register" was called and it was another teacher who was still stuffing her face in McDonalds that was missing.

Honestly you couldn't make it up could you?

Our two kids took loads of fruit, a pack of bagels, a plastic knife and pot of cream cheese + coffee to keep them fed on the downward leg. A plastic bowl (disposable) of pasta salad to share for lunch and cash to buy food on the return journey. Most kids ate a McDonalds at every stop. THW reckons that some had FIVE McDonald meals in the day.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:54:51 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
I am soooooooooo glad we have taught our children about life outside of Wales.

More like it.
 happ096
I mostly despair

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »
CHRIST!

I have an email demanding that I acknowledge 'the Scottish Parliament and it's role in education'

When I corrected them I was told to feck off!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 09:13:45 PM »
I'm afraid it is all true. THW is in stitches about it all. Says the best part was when they went into the theatre and the chappy that tears the tickets was giving instructions to each child in turn about phones etc and when he got to THW and BF just waved them through and carried on haranguing the next bunch of kids ~ presumably he figured THW and BF were not tourists.

Miss, when they said they were going into the Nat Gallery, had told them also that it would cost them a "fortune" but THW had patiently (as only a teenage girl can, with much skyward glancing, sighing, tapping of foot and mute appeals to the audience etc) explained that the National Gallery houses the "National Collection" of art and is free ~ That only for special exhibitions, which are normally in the Sainsbury Wing, is anyone charged admission. I think it was the sighing and foot tapping that got her the detention. lol:

They lost one at a service area on the way back ~ two head counts five minutes apart confirmed this so a "register" was called and it was another teacher who was still stuffing her face in McDonalds that was missing.

Our two kids took loads of fruit, a pack of bagels, a plastic knife and pot of cream cheese + coffee to keep them fed on the downward leg. A plastic bowl (disposable) of pasta salad to share for lunch and cash to buy food on the return journey. Most kids ate a McDonalds at every stop. THW reckons that some had FIVE McDonald meals in the day.

THW actually sounds like quite an amusing young lady. Wish I'd known where they were going I could have followed at a covert distance. Sounds like it would have been a right old laugh!

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »
Have re read all of Snoopy's posts I do find it amazing that the teechers had not the vaguest clue where they were going. Have they never been to London? Don't they have a map?  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 10:34:16 AM »

THW actually sounds like quite an amusing young lady. Wish I'd known where they were going I could have followed at a covert distance. Sounds like it would have been a right old laugh!

TBF I slag her off but she is 5'10", size 10, very pretty with brown eyes, shortish dark brown hair and extremely bright with a wicked sense of humour. She is very good with small children, has infinite patience and works very hard to ensure she gets good grades despite the school's most earnest endeavours to impede her progress. She has one of those brains that soaks in information even when she seems to be asleep or gazing into space. She is not known for her tact and does not suffer fools gladly. Unfortunately most of those who teach her have been classified as "fools".
She is untidy and reluctant to help around the house but in an emergency, and we have had one or two of those, she copes calmly and well. When driven to it she has been known to tidy her bedroom.
When she grows up I may even start to like her.

I am open to offers ~ the reserve price is currently three cows, twelve camels, a herd of at least 24 goats and a large persian rug.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
Have re read all of Snoopy's posts I do find it amazing that the teechers had not the vaguest clue where they were going. Have they never been to London? Don't they have a map?  noooo:

The only one with an A to Z was the THW who was carrying my 12 year old 'pocket' version "Just in case".

She accepted the offer from me only because her mother assured her that no-one who actually lives in London ever moves without one.

Even the coach driver went round Marble Arch twice before he found Oxford Street ~ Fvcking Welsh! noooo:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
Same thing used to happen when MILFH brought her class to London. She used to end up sitting next to the driver telling him where to go.  noooo: