Disgusterous

Author Topic: Sleeplessness  (Read 21411 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Sleeplessness
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »
As for interpreting your dreams  ~ that belongs to a phycologist and most of them don't believe in the interpretation theories anyway.

It depends on how you look at it hound. The fortune telleresque interpretations are just pure hokum but recent research does appear indicate that dreams are a subconscious mirror of your conscious mind. you can look at the elements of the story to get an idea of what is goin on in that person's head.

If the nightmares are all of a similar vein then I would hazard a guess that you are worried about a group or an entity that directly affects you but you have no control over at present.

Whilst grateful for your input based on your extensive knowledge gained whilst training to be a nurse, after careful consideration, I think I will go with the opinons expressed by the Consultant Clinical Phycologist who has been treating me for the last two years ~ if that is OK with you. ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
If the nightmares are all of a similar vein then I would hazard a guess that you are worried about a group or an entity that directly affects you but you have no control over at present.

They are called The Government.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
As for interpreting your dreams  ~ that belongs to a phycologist and most of them don't believe in the interpretation theories anyway.

It depends on how you look at it hound. The fortune telleresque interpretations are just pure hokum but recent research does appear indicate that dreams are a subconscious mirror of your conscious mind. you can look at the elements of the story to get an idea of what is goin on in that person's head.

Whilst grateful for your input based on your extensive knowledge gained whilst training to be a nurse, after careful consideration, I think I will go with the opinons expressed by the Consultant Clinical Phycologist who has been treating me for the last two years ~ if that is OK with you. ::)

Who am I to stand in the way of learned men Snoop. I was just commenting on research covered on Horizon last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hnc9n/Horizon_Why_Do_We_Dream/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 11:03:25 AM »
Set your clock forward by x number of hours so that when you wake up you think it's time to get up and you will instantly want to go back to sleep  cry:

lol: lol: lol:
I mostly despair

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
If it is nightmare related I recomend a passiflora tinicutre. Think my dose was 10 drops at the start of the night in a glass of water to repeated if I woke up with them again. It has worked for my repetative nightmares but not for random ones. But like you it used to be a nightly thing. Now when I have had one of the repetative nightmares I take the passiflora the next night following the dosage instructions and the most it has ever gone for since is ten days. Normally they knocked on the head within five. Local health food shop/ nutter emporium should have them. Think mine is a bach flower remedy. That and more vitamin D can also help prevent them.

Offline Nick

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 12:43:48 PM »
nutter emporium

Sounds like my kind of shop!

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
Information about Passiflora Tincture:
Passiflora is a Brazilian herb that is rich in Alkaloids and Flavone Glycosides. These ingredients have a mild sedative and tranquilizing effect.

Historically, Passiflora was used by North American Indians, where it was applied to ear aches, boils and inflammation.

Passiflora enters the heart, liver and lung meridians, influencing the cardiovascular and central nervous system.

Studies on Passiflora have been made using root, stem and flower. It is a mild sedative so can be used with problems relating to stress and anxiety. Because of this affect many people also use Passiflora for insomnia.

It may aid the transition into a restful sleep without any narcotic hangover.

Passiflora has a mild and gentle effect so do not expect this product to act as a sleeping tablet. There should also be no problem when driving or operating machinery as with conventional sleep products.

I wonder how the North American Indians got hold of it when it comes from Brazil?

Offline Nick

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »
They got it from the local nutter emporium, I spect  ::)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
Well it's worth a try!

Offline Nick

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »
And I shall get some later. Thanks!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 01:20:40 PM »
Give Mrs Nick one of these and instructions as to when and how  eveilgrin:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
Surely The Boy would be more than competent in his application of the device as well  lol:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:24:52 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »
Mrs Nick punches well above her weight ~ she may be small but ............  scared2:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »
I kip well. Wake up nearly every night at 02:15 for some strange reason, and again if me bladder is full frothin' and a bubblin'. ::)

Clear the skelingtons out of your closet is the answer.
My conscience is clear so I sleep like a baby generally.  cloud9:

Offline Nick

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 01:58:50 PM »
My conscience is clear so I sleep like a baby generally

char048