Disgusterous

Author Topic: When the flock leave home  (Read 9329 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: When the flock leave home
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »
It must be a worry. Wonder what Mini Moose is up to at the moment?

Oh yes

Miss Moosey is now very happy apparently.
 Got into the group of friends that she wanted on the slopes, weather is gorgeous, snow up to her waist, and a lovely instructor

He could fly over, like

YOU are a SHIT STIRRER! Angry9:

STF RIGHT UP!

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
I am sure she is having a lovely time
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Nick

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:10 AM »
All well on the slopes?

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2009, 09:37:14 AM »
All well on the slopes?

Yes thank you.
 NO more inuendos on this matter. You're treading on dangerously thin ice that will result in very serious injury if you fall through. OK? GORRIT? eeek:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:07 AM »
 eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
So taking pictures of you in the nude is not on then?

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »
Tis so true MD. We couldn't really afford it, but my mind set is to give my nippers the chance to enjoy something that they will always remember for the rest of their lives, and this was the one opportunity that was never available to me that I really wish I'd had.
Too late when the opportunity has gone, so it had to be done now. She's never been away from us for more than 12 hours.
S'pose you could say that in essence is what's behind my 'other business' tbh. Something I'd like to have done when I was young.

You are just being a good parent Growler....you want the best for your daughter. You want her to have a rounded experience of life.

We are all aware of the parts of our childhood that we were unhappy about and the opportunities that we didn't have and we try and compensate these with our own children , as much as practicably possible.  

She will know that it has not been easy on her parents to find the money for the trip.  I know we can talk about the selfishness of our kids (mine is by no means any exception) but sometimes on occassions like this you will see her growing up before your very eyes. That is quite scary.  Be proud and let her know you will miss her.
Crikey!, You are good at this advice an mentoring stuff Miss D. You should set up a Dear Auntie Dforum where we can come and ask for advice and help.
For example;

Dear Miss D, Can you please adise on the best cheese to serve at a wake? No-one has deid yet but it good to be prepared.
Thank you, Worried of Birmingham 

Offline Nick

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2009, 04:13:58 PM »
Blue Stilton

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
Crikey!, You are good at this advice an mentoring stuff Miss D. You should set up a Dear Auntie Dforum where we can come and ask for advice and help.
For example;
Dear Miss D, Can you please adise on the best cheese to serve at a wake? No-one has deid yet but it good to be prepared.

I think you'll find that are much wiser heads here than mine  GOS .... Shrugs:

However I am always willing to help - now lie down and tell me all about it ...................... ;)

As for your cheese dilemma, Worried of Birmingham, I commend your forward thinking but food at a wake - is that really appropriate - it will take up valuable drinking space  lol:
Skubber

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2009, 04:20:45 PM »
Tis so true MD. We couldn't really afford it, but my mind set is to give my nippers the chance to enjoy something that they will always remember for the rest of their lives, and this was the one opportunity that was never available to me that I really wish I'd had.
Too late when the opportunity has gone, so it had to be done now. She's never been away from us for more than 12 hours.
S'pose you could say that in essence is what's behind my 'other business' tbh. Something I'd like to have done when I was young.

You are just being a good parent Growler....you want the best for your daughter. You want her to have a rounded experience of life.

We are all aware of the parts of our childhood that we were unhappy about and the opportunities that we didn't have and we try and compensate these with our own children , as much as practicably possible.  

She will know that it has not been easy on her parents to find the money for the trip.  I know we can talk about the selfishness of our kids (mine is by no means any exception) but sometimes on occassions like this you will see her growing up before your very eyes. That is quite scary.  Be proud and let her know you will miss her.
For example;

[/color]

IMHO Bishops Finger might be a good choice. eeek:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
My lot fled the nest a while ago, (fled being the operative word in this instance)I am in the process of setting up a 'Vodka shot' hunt during the Easter break, funnily enough they all seem quite keen!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:36:43 PM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »

For example;

[/color]

IMHO Bishops Finger might be a good choice. eeek:
     drumroll:   It was

Offline Nick

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2009, 08:30:58 AM »
 lol: lol: lol: lol:

The Boy has been up to stuff. We think he may have been up all night. Lots of crumby evidence of snacks  evil:

Large book named How to Juggle laid out. Various juggling balls situated on top of curtain rails etc.  evil:

Lots of dominoes scattered about. rubschin:

Evidence of illicit late night TV consumption eeek:

Evidence of game playing on this compooter.  cussing:

We chased him into bed at 7. evil:

Offline Nick

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2009, 08:35:06 AM »
Miss Moosey can only text us now. She's lost her voice apparently!  happy088

Has she left it on the bus?

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »
lol: lol: lol: lol:

The Boy has been up to stuff. We think he may have been up all night. Lots of crumby evidence of snacks  evil:

Large book named How to Juggle laid out. Various juggling balls situated on top of curtain rails etc.  evil:

Lots of dominoes scattered about. rubschin:

Evidence of illicit late night TV consumption eeek:

Evidence of game playing on this compooter.  cussing:

We chased him into bed at 7. evil:

I see the pillow is working if you managed to sleep through that lot  lol:
Skubber