Author Topic: Easy Space  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Easy Space
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
I'm feeling all emocional now.....I would just like to thank, The Barman, Nick, The Growler, my mother, Kate Winslet and anyone elso who knows me sad24:

Thank you, thank you all.
Just one? After all that...?  noooo:

It's just that I am overcome. redface: sad24: sad24: sad24: sad24: sad24: sad24:
That's better... now you need an appropriate avatar....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »
Yep you could be right, where is the avatar room?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »

OR

Not that I have a fixation you understand ~ but left to BM you'll end up in killer heels and not a lot else.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:14:49 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »

Welcome aboard young lady.

Are you one of the Herefordshire Creants by any chance?
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »

Bit like rug buying I s'pose ~ spends all that money and then won't put it on the floor.

Angry9:

• Power Poster
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »

Thank you for the welcome Mr Selection, definitely not one of the Herefordshire lot, I'm from the Hampshire branch, the Herefordshire lot are somewhat tacky!
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »

Thank you for the welcome Mr Selection, definitely not one of the Herefordshire lot, I'm from the Hampshire branch, the Herefordshire lot are somewhat tacky!
Jolly good.

They are also slightly Welsh which is even worse.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »
If the two years I spent in Hereford are anything to go by ~ more than 'slightly' Welsh.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
If the two years I spent in Hereford are anything to go by ~ more than 'slightly' Welsh.

I was being polite.
I mostly despair

• Power Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »

Jolly good.

They are also slightly Welsh which is even worse.  noooo:

Can one be slightly Welsh, isn't that like being a bit pregnant?  I digress, I once knew a Marchioness from the Welsh Marches not a good combination I can tell you. ;)
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »
When I was in Hereford, in the mid sixties, their proudest boast was that GBS had been invited to give a reading at the Garrick Theatre (it closed down in about 1946 and is now a museum). Shaw spent the day being given the tour of the City of Hereford, lunch with the local dignitaries etc and at the appointed time, so legend has it, strode onto the stage and, clearing his throat, announced "Ladies and Gentlemen ~ your little town is thirty years behind the times, I shall never come here again" and walked off stage to the sound of his own footsteps, hailed a cab to the station and left, never to return.

I do have dim recolllections of drunken revels in the Orange Tree Pub opposite the Cathedral and very fond memories of a particular young lady who I still hold dear but apart from those two I would say GBS was right.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
When I was in Hereford, in the mid sixties, their proudest boast was that GBS had been invited to give a reading at the Garrick Theatre (it closed down in about 1946 and is now a museum). Shaw spent the day being given the tour of the City of Hereford, lunch with the local dignitaries etc and at the appointed time, so legend has it, strode onto the stage and, clearing his throat, announced "Ladies and Gentlemen ~ your little town is thirty years behind the times, I shall never come here again" and walked off stage to the sound of his own footsteps, hailed a cab to the station and left, never to return.

I do have dim recolllections of drunken revels in the Orange Tree Pub opposite the Cathedral and very fond memories of a particular young lady who I still hold dear but apart from those two I would say GBS was right.
How much did she charge you then...?  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »

Hold dear=held hostage
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »

evil: Not funny. She meant and still means a lot to me.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »

evil: Not funny. She meant and still means a lot to me.
redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: