Author Topic: People who lead charmed lives  (Read 1611 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
People who lead charmed lives
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:07:20 PM »
A mate of mine is coming up for a weekend in March.

1. She has 2 lovely kids
2. Her husband is also delightful
3. Both parents and parents in law died and left them squillions of pounds
4. She has had two different but fascinating careers and now manages to combine both sets of expertise in one dream job which also supplies her with free accommodation in Central London when she needs it
6. Her work often takes her on short breaks to nice places (Italy a lot at present) on expenses
5. SHe is always cheerful  evil:
6. She is a jolly nice person

It is very annoying!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: People who lead charmed lives
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:13:14 PM »
Be of good cheer Nick ~ everyone's life has a downside  ~ hers appears to be knowing you  point:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Nick

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »
Be of good cheer Nick ~ everyone's life has a downside  ~ hers appears to be knowing you  point:

evil:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:39:03 PM »
Some people always seem to fall on their feet. My Brother is one of them. Never seems to have to struggle for anything, things always turn up for him. Life on a silver platter it seems.  noooo:

Online Nick

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »
Infuriating innit? What's more, with some people like that I find myself hoping they have some awful setback. But she is so nice I don't even want that to happen!

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
I have friends like this.

They are wonderful  cloud9:. I have been on holiday with them for the past 3 years running. If I ever needed anything they would be there, they have a solid happy marriage, 3 beautiful kids and an amazing home. They are also the most unselfish,  generous and positive people I know.

I wouldn't wish them any ill will - they are happy and I am fortunate to be their friend.
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »
I have friends like this.

They are wonderful  cloud9:. I have been on holiday with them for the past 3 years running. If I ever needed anything they would be there, they have a solid happy marriage, 3 beautiful kids and an amazing home. They are also the most unselfish,  generous and positive people I know.

I wouldn't wish them any ill will - they are happy and I am fortunate to be their friend.

So when they end up hacked to death we'll know who dun it.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
 lol:

They make me sick - but then I am not a good person   lol:
Skubber

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
One worse than leading a charmed life is the family who repeatedly tells you about it in the their Christmas Newsletter every bleedin' year  ::)

Nothing but happiness, smiles, success and glowing reports on their children... just waiting for Karma to strike  whistle:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »
All Christmas "Round Robin" letters are handed to my wife with instructions "Read this and tell me who has died during the year" otherwise I am not interested. God I hate that whole concept ~ who the fvck thought it up?
My cards go out and where a letter is appropriate a handwritten individual letter is enclosed. I won't even put the addresses on sticky labels via my PC. Handwritten as long as I am able ~ it is only polite.

Online Nick

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 06:15:51 PM »
One worse than leading a charmed life is the family who repeatedly tells you about it in the their Christmas Newsletter every bleedin' year  ::)

Nothing but happiness, smiles, success and glowing reports on their children... just waiting for Karma to strike  whistle:

Those letters are works of fiction usually. We get some very annoying ones indeed  evil:
Mrs Nick does a Christmas round robin. It's always full of doom and gloom for some reason noooo:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:17:42 PM by Nick »

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
There was one that used to arrive at my parents' when they were alive. On going to see them for Christmas one of the first sets of words was "Has it arrived yet?". It got to the stage where one of us would read it out ~ usually me ~ in the style of something like an Alan Bennett monologue. It became a standing joke, at their expense of course. We often thought we'd do a spoof one but it never really got further than a good idea on the night...

"Greetings friends and relatives,
Another strange year comes to a close and time to tell you all our news. Stanley's had another dose of the pox but is putting a brave on it as is Amy who's unfortunately lost her other leg.
Jeremy's trip to Outer Mongolia had to be cancelled earlier in the year because he failed his Grade 3 Bassoon exam but looking on the bright side we were always worried how the instrument would travel..."
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Online Nick

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »
Seems normal to me!

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 09:00:04 PM »
There was one that used to arrive at my parents' when they were alive. On going to see them for Christmas one of the first sets of words was "Has it arrived yet?". It got to the stage where one of us would read it out ~ usually me ~ in the style of something like an Alan Bennett monologue. It became a standing joke, at their expense of course. We often thought we'd do a spoof one but it never really got further than a good idea on the night...

"Greetings friends and relatives,
Another strange year comes to a close and time to tell you all our news. Stanley's had another dose of the pox but is putting a brave on it as is Amy who's unfortunately lost her other leg.
Jeremy's trip to Outer Mongolia had to be cancelled earlier in the year because he failed his Grade 3 Bassoon exam but looking on the bright side we were always worried how the instrument would travel..."

"A player of the Mongolian Bassoon" is a euphemism that I shall save for a rainy day. . .  whistle:
I mostly despair

Online Nick

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »
Whatever floats your boat  rubschin: