Disgusterous

Author Topic: Just one more social services balls up!  (Read 394 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Just one more social services balls up!
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »
Is there no end to the crass stupidity not to mention lack of common sense of social workers. censored:

Foster parents not warned of teen sex offender who raped their son
Simon de Bruxelles and Rosemary Bennett

Social workers failed to warn foster parents about sexual offences committed by a teenager placed in their care who went on to rape their two-year-old son and abuse their nine-year-old daughter.

The youth, 18, attacked the children within months of being welcomed into the family, a court was told yesterday.

An inquiry was ordered as the director of social services for Vale of Glamorgan Council apologised for what he admitted was a serious error of judgment in placing the youth in a home with young children.
 Oh no shite! Tossers the lot of them. evil:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5834779.ece
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:52:35 PM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Just one more social services balls up!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »
To answer your question: There is no end to the crass stupidity not to mention lack of common sense of social workers ~ unfortunately.

They make a lot of excuses about targets and paperwork imposed by the government, how their hands are tied by elfin safety and 'uman rights and they will talk all night about "issues" but at the end of the day they will always fvck up BECAUSE they are trained to believe that they know best and the rest of us know nothing.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »
Leg Iron makes reference to this in an excellent piece on his site today...

Don't read it if you are easily depressed...   noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
Whoever was in charge of this case should be sacked immediately and never work again  - absolute ferkin incompetence of the highest order evil:

My mum has fostered kids for over 20 years. She has never taken a placement on without knowing the full facts of their history - however harrowing that may be soemtimes. The social worker has a duty of care not only to the child but to the family they are placed in.

This makes me so mad  evil: evil: evil:

Skubber