Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Ouch!
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:35:27 AM »
How drunk do you have to be to decide you are going to deliberately bite off your partner's tongue?  eeek:

A Tyneside woman deliberately bit off her boyfriend's tongue during a drunken birthday kiss, a court has heard.

Tracy Davies, 40, bit a third of Mark Coghill's tongue off, Newcastle Crown Court was told.

They were celebrating Mr Coghill's 45th birthday at his Newcastle bedsit in October 2008, when she grew upset because she was not pregnant.

Ms Davies of Sunderland Road, Gateshead, denies one count of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

The court heard how they went to a supermarket on 10 October, buying two bottles of vodka and food for the evening, before going to a pub together.

They returned to Mr Coghill's home but Ms Davies grew upset because she wanted a baby but was not yet pregnant.

As Mr Coghill moved to comfort her, she asked him to kiss her, the court heard.

I will never enjoy a curry again - I can't distinguish between cheese and toast, and just toast

Victim Mark Coghill

Julian Smith, prosecuting, said: "He did so and within a few seconds, she bit down hard on his tongue.

"Obviously this caused him pain, he pulled back, and the tongue had come clean off in her mouth.

"She had the piece of tongue in her mouth, he saw her take it from her mouth, and it fell to the floor."

Mr Coghill, a former customer service advisor, told the court he could no longer work, struggled to speak, and had lost many of his taste buds.

"I will never enjoy a curry again," he said. "I can't distinguish between certain foods, like the difference between cheese and toast, and just toast.

"I can't use my tongue for eating. Those are things you take for granted."

'You're joking'

After the attack Ms Davies called an ambulance and paramedics then alerted police.

Mr Smith added: "She told police, 'We have had a domestic. I have bitten his tongue off. Here it is'."

He added that Ms Davies was surprised when police arrested her, telling officers: "You're joking".

Mr Coghill was treated at Newcastle General Hospital, but surgeons decided against trying to re-attach the torn section because of the danger of infection.

The trial continues.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Ouch!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »
This reminds me of a far more serious incident  ( not a Bobbitt ) that a friend of mine told me about not too long ago (she is a nurse ) -  however it's far too early in the morning to be discussing that sort of thing  eeek:

As for this scenario - mad woman  - man that can't enjoy curry again, lives in a bedsit in Newcastle and works in a Call Centre   - mmmmmm rubschin:

No great loss  shrugs:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:27:21 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »
So your ideal man is someone who doenst enjoy curry Miss D?  eyes:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »
But then that would make me 'mad' GM and none of my personalities believe that  noooo:

As for my ideal man   happy001 happy001 happy001
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »
And I was about to say that I've never been overly struck on curry...  sad24:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:19:38 AM »
 happy100

How much of your tongue could you afford to lose  shocked003
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 11:20:34 AM »
Depends on what you want me to do with it later.....  whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »
Well it might stop you talking gobbledegook sometimes or fluent Klingon  - it's a big sacrifice for an I.T. geek   guru to make  ;)
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
Klingon? I was clearing my throat actually  lol:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »
That was some furball  eeek: eeek: eeek:
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
I knew I shouldn't have tried BM's goat omlette.  sick2:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
I knew I shouldn't have tried BM's goat omlette.  sick2:
Um, that wasn't goat omelette...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »
Oh god!! Don't tell me I've eaten yous spare wig.  eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »
Oh god!! Don't tell me I've eaten yous spare wig.  eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek:
Actually it was Nick's Merkin...  sick2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »
Actually it was Nick's Merkin...  sick2:

evil:

Revenge will be mine.......................just as soon as I get my stomach pumped.  sick2: