Author Topic: Most ridiculous request  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Most ridiculous request
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 09:36:55 PM »

But thanks anyway ~ the guy is an idiot.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
She's an idiot for asking, he's a bigger idiot for complying. Christ, it takes all sorts dunnit  confused:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 07:56:01 AM »
Father always said "Put nothing in writing ~ in fact don't even give them your real name if you can help it" Fortunately in my RAF Training days there were three of us with the same Christian Name so we were all given nicknames ~ Mine stuck so well that it followed me everywhere I was posted and that is what my first wife knew me as until we actually filled out the forms at the Registry Office. Our families did not attend the wedding (mainly because we failed to ask them or tell them when and where) whistle:

My first wife's family did not know my real name until we had been married for several months.   8)

Didn't your 1st wife's family think it was odd that your name was Snoopy though - until they knew differently obviously   whistle:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
Father always said "Put nothing in writing ~ in fact don't even give them your real name if you can help it" Fortunately in my RAF Training days there were three of us with the same Christian Name so we were all given nicknames ~ Mine stuck so well that it followed me everywhere I was posted and that is what my first wife knew me as until we actually filled out the forms at the Registry Office. Our families did not attend the wedding (mainly because we failed to ask them or tell them when and where) whistle:

My first wife's family did not know my real name until we had been married for several months.   8)

Didn't your 1st wife's family think it was odd that your name was Snoopy though - until they knew differently obviously   whistle:

Banghead

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 07:11:40 PM »
We had words about this.... my instinct told me Californian.... well, American...  whacky115
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »
ok - for the sake of Wenchy  whistle: and not to be accused of doing a Nick - God Forbid  eeek:

Well his first section was about his childhood to put in context some of his emotional immaturity which is one of her accusations.

He then went on to explain why he marriage failed in extreme honesty and why he felt this woman was different to his ex wife. Also apparently another area he had been asked to explain.

He had to justify his decision on why he didn't want any more kids - he already has a son - as she still wants a child even though she is in her mid forties -

He had to clarify what 'love ' meant to him - I was reaching for the bucket at this point ( obviously green with envy  cry: )

And then what he planned to do with the rest of his life - (a) if he was with her (b) if he wasn't - again criteria she had specified.

He then had to do a sumamry of his objectives

Cruel cruel cruel  noooo:

FFFing funny to read though  happy001

Honestly what sort of guy is he - man or mouse!!!

Bottom line for me is that if it got to the stage where instead of talking (shouting)  to/at  BM I asked him to write stuff down for me (ie; indicating that I was so bored I seriously couldn't be bothered enough to listen to him) then I'd be out of that door (well one of them anyway) PRONTO !!!!

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 02:05:33 PM »
Is he a tad ummm asperger like? The only reason I can think of requesting it be written down is that he was incapable of talking about it!

Still though terribly extreme and I really can't think of a single bloke I know that would agree to do so! Also if she is unsure to that degree just cut him loose and to save himself some dignity he should do it first.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »
I like asperge with hollandaise sauce ~ of course in Germany I have spargel with hollandaise sauce

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »
He presented his appraisal to her on Sunday.

She is now reviewing it and has arranged to meet with him in a month.

I have said what I think - which is pretty much what we all unanimously think . Apparently I am being too harsh about her and don't understand his pain  Banghead

Leave them to it - they deserve each other  noooo:

Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
And leave my pathetic comments concerning asparagus unmentioned too.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 02:19:19 PM »
 happy100 happy100 happy100
Skubber

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »

I have said what I think - which is pretty much what we all unanimously think . Apparently I am being too harsh about her and don't understand his pain  Banghead

A MONTH!!!!!

Whilst I'm sure she is the light of his life blah blah never met anyone like her blah de blah surely he realises that a month considering his intentions on paper is taking the piss!

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 02:29:34 PM »
I know, I know Wenchy   noooo:

He has concrete ears I'm afraid

Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »

A MONTH!!!!!

Whilst I'm sure she is the light of his life blah blah never met anyone like her blah de blah surely he realises that a month considering his intentions on paper is taking the piss!

Either that or taking breakfast from someone else's kitchen  eyes: whilst keeping her options open.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »
That was my other thought. Is she trying to get rid of him?