Author Topic: Not accepting blame  (Read 895 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Not accepting blame
« on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
I had to sack someone yesterday  evil:

He was an agency member of staff so therefore didn't have to go through months of disciplinary action . He had royally f**ked up a case , then lied about it  to the 'customer', and then compounded it even further by lieing to his line manager.

He was obviously not happy about the decision yesterday but had very little to say in his defence.

Today I have had a formal response from his agency to say that he believes this constitutes unfair dismissal ( he is ffing agency staff and has only been working here for about 7 months FFS ) and also that he believes I had a personal vendetta against him.  noooo:

If I didn't I do now  evil:

He ballsed up - accept responsibility for that and learn from it. Meanwhile I am sorry but I do not intend to pay someone £30 an hour for doing a piss poor job and creating a huge ffing mess that I now have to clear up.

He apparently has asked for a written response on why I have made this decision - that he will then consider further.,

He can go swing  evil: evil: evil:

Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Not accepting blame
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
£30 an hour??? What job was he doing and does it need specific qualifications?   whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »
He apparently has asked for a written response on why I have made this decision - that he will then consider further.,

Send him a dead fish.  evil:
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »
I like that idea  lol:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »
£30 an hour??? What job was he doing and does it need specific qualifications?   whistle:

Don't get excited GM ~ That's what the agency get paid. They have to pay his NIC out of that, his holiday pay and also any pension plan they may have. They also have to make a profit. The Temp will not be getting £30.

Miss D you should not have to sack anyone. Simply tell the agency that he is no longer acceptable. They nor he can do anything about it. That is why agency staff are often cheaper than "proper" employees.

By the way ~ I wouldn't get out of bed for less than £35 per hour or part thereof + all expenses.
FFS I was earning £22 per hour + car + BUPA + pension (non contributary) + 5 weeks holiday pa when I retired ten years ago.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »
Still a high enough paygrade to include accepting resonsibility.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:36 PM »
Agreed and the agency should deal with him. I just don't see that Miss D needs to get involved ~ They not she are the employers in this case.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
Miss D you should not have to sack anyone. Simply tell the agency that he is no longer acceptable. They nor he can do anything about it. That is why agency staff are often cheaper than "proper" employees.

The agency require a 2 week notice period before you terminate a contract - I have no doubt they will ask for payment in lieu  noooo: noooo: noooo:
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 12:53:29 PM »

Don't get excited GM ~ That's what the agency get paid. They have to pay his NIC out of that, his holiday pay and also any pension plan they may have. They also have to make a profit. The Temp will not be getting £30.

By the way ~ I wouldn't get out of bed for less than £35 per hour or part thereof + all expenses.
FFS I was earning £22 per hour + car + BUPA + pension (non contributary) + 5 weeks holiday pa when I retired ten years ago.

I wasnt thinking about temping as much as offering my services to Miss D and cutting out the middle mob.  I'd even charge a third less. rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
What services could you offer  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 12:55:16 PM »
What services would you need?  eyes:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 12:55:47 PM »

I make a lovely cup of tea, have a marvelous phone voice and do a great line in flattery and ego massaging.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »
You simply state that you are not terminating a contract with them ~ but you have lost faith in their supplied temp and would like a replacement. Next week give them the required 2 weeks notice that their contract will terminate. They'll send you crap employees but at least they will be useful to make tea and do the photocopying ~ and you will have done your bit towards making the savings your masters want ~ and if the agency fails to send replacements then they are in breach of the contract and you can shoot them out of the door earlier. whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »

I make a lovely cup of tea, have a marvelous phone voice and do a great line in flattery and ego massaging.

I think you may have just found a number of suitable positions from the members here Wenchy  lol:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
You simply state that you are not terminating a contract with them ~ but you have lost faith in their supplied temp and would like a replacement. Next week give them the required 2 weeks notice that their contract will terminate. They'll send you crap employees but at least they will be useful to make tea and do the photocopying ~ and you will have done your bit towards making the savings your masters want ~ and if the agency fails to send replacements then they are in breach of the contract and you can shoot them out of the door earlier. whistle:

Oh don't worry - they have been sent off with a flea in their ear. I have cited the actions as being gross misconduct and bringing the name of the Council into disrepute.

They are now forwarding me new CV's  noooo:

Just read one of them - from a bodyguard  eeek:  WTF !!!!  Trained in guns , guns, and guns. Hobbies and pastimes - shooting, clay and 'other'  shrugs: ...mmmm worth an interview do you think  noooo:
Skubber