Author Topic: Physical memory dump  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Physical memory dump
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »
Wise words Uncle... in reality tho it was the small print relating to 'Triple time outside of normal working hours' and 'Weekend bonus payments' that she should have been paying attention to....  whistle:

Triple time and frickin bonus payments - have you worked at RBS previously  rubschin:

You will receive my thanks and  be grateful !!!!
evil:

I knew I should have got the cash up front...  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 10:55:04 AM »
In the mean time is there not some method of reporting problem and having lapdog collected /despatched for fixing?

This is what I used to do with external users.

RTFM

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »
Wise words Uncle... in reality tho it was the small print relating to 'Triple time outside of normal working hours' and 'Weekend bonus payments' that she should have been paying attention to....  whistle:

Triple time and frickin bonus payments - have you worked at RBS previously  rubschin:

You will receive my thanks and  be grateful !!!!

You tooka chance asking Baldy to help you Miss D. A physical memory dump for BM involves taking the daily paper to the toilet after having a helping of his basil and honey bread.  whistle:

In the mean time is there not some method of reporting problem and having lapdog collected /despatched for fixing?

Grumpy's Law #47. Never expect a company or organisation to have that level of common sense and organisation.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »
Re-building a lapdog takes an hour or two depending on it's condition.
Primary concern is usually to recover data, everyone say that it's all soo important and then it turns out to be their daughters GCSE coursework etc.

Mind you, I did get a bottle of booze for getting the coursework data back for one rep.  ;D

RTFM

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2009, 11:14:08 AM »

happy001

We have a new system where you don't actually speak to anyone directly. God Forbid  eeek:

You have to go onto the Intranet site and then raise a request for the IT dept to help you.

However this is now like an Amazon website - and you need to select what service you require , add this to your shopping basket, provide your cost codes and then submit. Of course all the menu's are pre- defined so anything that is outside the norm you have no chance of  finding - they certainly didn't have a selection for lapdog is fooked  Shrugs:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »
You took a chance asking Baldy to help you Miss D. A physical memory dump for BM involves taking the daily paper to the toilet after having a helping of his basil and honey bread.  whistle:

He was actually very helpful   redface:  - it's so unnatural to say nice things but that is my quota for the year used up now  noooo:
Skubber

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
Bllody amateurs.

Tell them it's a Health & Safety risk and that it is becoming a stress problem.

RTFM

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
You took a chance asking Baldy to help you Miss D. A physical memory dump for BM involves taking the daily paper to the toilet after having a helping of his basil and honey bread.  whistle:

He was actually very helpful   redface:  - it's so unnatural to say nice things but that is my quota for the year used up now  noooo:

The tax year, that is?

RTFM

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 11:20:31 AM »

The tax year, that is?

Genius  happy088
Skubber

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »
Companies that hide behind intranet services such as this, worry me, especially as I might be applying for jobs with them.

When Dell completely their service system it becam a nonsense, having to deal with people who were working from a flow chart list of questions and who probably had no technical knowledge, eventually (after  god knows how long) escalating the problem or just asking you to pack the unit up and it would be collected sometime.
Complete waste of time (mine that is) but it meant their service level targets were met.

I get rather wound up when some numpty talks down to me when I can tell them in 30 seconds what the problem is.  evil:

RTFM

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »
But that of course is not what you will be saying in  interviews   ;)

Skubber

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:17 PM »
I did tell one company thet their set-up and operations were not very clever, but by then I did not want the job anyway.

RTFM

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »
Would now not be a good time to bore you about how a proper ITIL based operation would have avoided the stress they are putting you through?

I'm studying ITIL v3 at the moment, it's really...

dull.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 12:11:09 PM »
Thanks for your really generous offer - if I understood it I would be even more impressed  lol: lol: lol:

However I'm sure you have much more important things to be getting on with  noooo:
Skubber

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
I will look again at this ITIL mullarky, as he said, it's very boring.

I have checked my email and job sites, so now it's just a case of writing my little piece for the Jobcentre this afternoon.

Then I will return and have a Youngs.

RTFM