Disgusterous

Author Topic: Goody Goody Gum Drops  (Read 4873 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Goody Goody Gum Drops
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2009, 02:54:19 PM »
I know. I was disapointed in myself.  noooo:

How many boxes of tissues?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »
I know. I was disapointed in myself.  noooo:
Not for the first time I'll wager...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »
And it seems I am not alone:
Daily Telegraph On Line Today's Date:

Michael Parkinson says he was dismayed by the behaviour of the media over Jade Goody. Perhaps one of the things that dismayed him most was that a whole fortnight had passed since the 27-year-old's death – why, the woman was almost cold in her grave – and yet still no leading media commentator had sneered at her memory. Into the breach he valiantly stepped. The late reality TV contestant, he wrote, represented "all that was paltry and wretched" about Britain: "It's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di."

To which one can only nod stern assent. As if that over-emotional, fame-chasing young mother who used the media for her own ends then died before her time had anything in common with our brave princess.

"I've been a journalist for 60 years," added Parkinson, "and I am appalled by what's happened to my profession." No arguing with that, either. If only we could return to the high standards of journalistic seriousness set in the Seventies, when the leading TV interviewer of the time – his name has slipped my mind, but he was a softly spoken chap, fair-haired, Barnsley-born – famously conducted a hard-hitting discussion with a puppet emu.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2009, 04:58:36 PM »
 lol: lol:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Mr Happy

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2009, 06:37:31 PM »
Growler, I'm not a bitter man, I can count those I have wished such ill on using just one hand calculator.

At first I did just wish her mere pain and suffering, at least equal to the suffering I felt every time her gurning mug peered from a tabloid or her screech ruined an already unfit tv schedule.

The news of the Cancer, as delivered (apparently) on TV, seemed fitting.  To then hear that she was to allow us to share her suffering, or rather have it forced upon us was piss boiling point.  Then to hear that the publicity was not to be used to aid Cancer charities hence the thousands of other sufferers, but to line the pockets of her former boyfriend (with criminal record), husband to be (with criminal record), racist mother, and bastard children (criminal records pending) is sickening.

Justice was swiftly delivered aptly on Mothers Day, but then the onslaught continues.  The Prime Minister (why?) taking time out of his not so busy schedule to deliver words, Clifford and Mother Goody speaking of her as Diana (pointless) and further media stupidity.

As for all the 'young women' inspired to get smear tests because of her, fuck them, if they're too stupid to respond to the reminders sent out at taxpayers expense then Darwin can claim them (as in ism, not with a turnip).

In summary then, she died ten years too late...

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
The widower of reality television star Jade Goody is celebrating his 22nd birthday with a "beach party".

Jack Tweed, who will be 22 on Tuesday, offered free entry to the party at Faces nightclub, in Gants Hill, Essex, to guests dressed in "beach wear".
A message on his Facebook page advertised the party as a "night of mayhem" and said: "See you in your bikinis, girls.

No one expected him to be lost in grief for too long  - its good to know that sometimes people don't let you down  noooo:

Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »
The widower of reality television star Jade Goody is celebrating his 22nd birthday with a "beach party".

Jack Tweed, who will be 22 on Tuesday, offered free entry to the party at Faces nightclub, in Gants Hill, Essex, to guests dressed in "beach wear".
A message on his Facebook page advertised the party as a "night of mayhem" and said: "See you in your bikinis, girls.

No one expected him to be lost in grief for too long  - its good to know that sometimes people don't let you down  noooo:

Quite so.

My faith in stereotyping has never let me down.

The only uncertainty is whether he will die of a massive drug overdose or driving a Ferrari into a tree.
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2009, 08:00:07 AM »

Quite so.

My faith in stereotyping has never let me down.

The only uncertainty is whether he will die of a massive drug overdose or driving a Ferrari into a tree.

He prolly won't have the decency to even do that, no doubt he will survive and be back in prison err long where we will all pay for him to live out his life in relative comfort. evil:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2009, 08:11:05 AM »
I vote for drugs overdose... or a bizarre wardrobe masturbation incident...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »
It would be apt if he succumbed to Goody Flu  whistle:

• Power Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
I vote for drugs overdose... or a bizarre wardrobe masturbation incident...  rubschin:

Hasn't that been done before like?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »

Hasn't that been done before like?
Indeed... I figured he wasn't bright enough to figure it out by himself...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
 doh:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »
Great, I share my birthday with that twonk. sick2:
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:24 AM »
Great, I share my birthday with that twonk. sick2:
Are you attending the party?
I mostly despair