Disgusterous

Author Topic: GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:19:26 PM »
I hate all things connected with PC's, Lap Tops and printers  Banghead

I particularly hate the profiteering bastards at store like PC World, Office World and Staples.

I should like to wipe so called one stop "Cartridge World" and similar "We can supply any toner or ink from stock" shops off the face of the earth.

Let it be known that I shall not be responsible for my actions if my fecking printers ever again all run out of ink/toner, mid job, at 1600 hours on a Saturday. cussing:

I am not at all happy at the profiteering bastards who smugly say, "Yes we can refill that if you drop it down" and then tell me it'll be ready on Wednesday!  Angry9:

In fact I am fucking seething!

And before any smart bastard on this board tells me I should carry spares they may come round here and try to persuade all the other users that when a cartridge is changed it is a good idea to tell the poor sod who has to pay for them that they have used the last one and more need to be ordered instead of letting me find out for myself a month later.angry037

The B&W Laser printer cost £100 ~ the profiteering bastards at Staples want £77.95 for a replacement cartridge! They have been told where to put it.

The work is now grinding all 1000 copies through the Epsom Ink jet ~ the job will take until tomorrow at the current rate of progress.

Thank you for your patience.

I'll feel better on Tuesday when my purchased through the internet replacement costing £39 including postage arrives.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:21:23 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
I thought you bought cheap printers and chucked them away when the ink ran out... or was that Wenchy...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »
Wenchy advocates that principle and to a point I agree with her BUT although I do buy cheapo printers for the kids, use "replacement" inks that fvck them up and then I throw them away and get another I do not for a Laser printer used for high quality work for which I hope to get paid  Banghead

I discovered when I was ranting about how little printing I had done on the last cartridge fitted and where was the replacement that should be in the cupboard?
THAT
The THW has been using it to photocopy ALL her school course work as "Back-up" and SWWLTBO (but usually isn't) has been using it to save herself having to go into her college office to get all the handouts for her students photocopied and has been copying at home instead  Angry9:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »
Out of interest, which internet site d'you use to buy ink cartridges etc?
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »
www.ijtdirect.co.uk

Of all the alternatives I have found their "refills" to last longest and produce results closest to the "real"  manufacturers replacement cartridges. They also do what they say about same/next day despatch.

Also they do "Toners" as well as ink and often have deals on printers (cheapos)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:23:02 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
Looks good.

I use http://www.mx2.co.uk/   another Channel Islands based Co. Always been fine. Not worth paying more just to claim the VAT back.
I'm glad I'm the only printer / copier user in this residence  ;)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »
Well I was grinding the leaflets out on the ink-jet and that ran out of Black Ink ten minutes ago ~ and was there any in the box? 3 nice new colour cartridges but not one black one   cussing:

I have given up on the job until tomorrow when I shall go to PC World and buy a single black ink cartridge BUT I will NOT buy toner from them for the laser printer. Their prices are ridiculous.

And if that fails I fvcking handwrite the bastard things Banghead

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »
 happy100

Not turning out to be a good weekend by the sounds of it. Times like this I tend to take a deep breath, pour a large one and put on a favourite CD. The solution will arrive eventually ~ the solution to the problem, that is ~ the solution in the glass is the next best thing  ;)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »
The job started badly TBH. I asked SWWLTBO(but never is) to get a ream of pale green paper on Monday last whilst she was out.
She finally got it yesterday afternoon so I got up this a.m. to do the printing. Downhill ever since.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »
Our laser printer flashes warnings of low toner at least 500 sheets before it runs out. Plenty of time to get a replacement.

I imagine yours doesn't give any such warning?  scared:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
It (The warning) came up on the screen five sheets before it ran out  evil:

I have no idea why because it usually give longer notice (similar to yours) BUT I would guess that all the photocopying of the past week being done by others probably ran it out of toner and when I started to print it said "Tough shit brother, now that someone is sending instructions through a PC and not just pushing a button on the copier I'll tell them" ~ I confess I do not often bother to read the display on the printer/scanner/fax itself unless I am changing settings when photocopying something.

Yes they do the same with the fecking toilet paper. I seem to be the only one who can change an empty tube for a full roll.  cussing:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »
Don't know how much help they may be hound but give these guys a try:

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk

I've found them useful in the past for PC consumables.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »
Thanks GM ~ just saved me some money.  ;D

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »
No problem hound, its worth keeping an eye on that site as they handle bankruptcy stock so you never know what you may find on there. Plus the edibles section has an 'exotic' range..  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.