Author Topic: Prepare for a nuclear Miss D  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Prepare for a nuclear Miss D
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
 lol:

Hardly Miss C !!

Round 2 will continue tonight when she returns home form being with her romeo in class all day. He will no doubt inform her of our 'conversation' and we will have a conversation of our own  evil:

Can't wait  ::)
Skubber

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:52 AM »
I hope that you have a couple of bottles of wine in the fridge, purely for medicinal purposes you understand, they will help to keep your blood pressure down. ;)
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »
lol:

Hardly Miss C !!

Round 2 will continue tonight when she returns home form being with her romeo in class all day. He will no doubt inform her of our 'conversation' and we will have a conversation of our own  evil:

Can't wait  ::)

Oh. You rang HIM then?  scared:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 07:58:39 AM »
Oh yes...I had confiscated her phone.

I used her phone and rang him and then was silent for a minute or two while he babbled on ...hi baby ...wot u up to innit ...and similar such bollocks. Then I formally introduced myself  eveilgrin:

The Brat will also realise I know the security code for her phone which no doubt she will change as soon as she has her phone returned to her - so in the meantime I have copied all her numbers to a spare SIM  of mine  whistle:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:10:24 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »
 Popcorn:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »
Popcorn:

Is thar'it like? You sole input is to stuff your fat bearded mousy face like?  ::)

Offline Nick

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
 Popcorn:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 08:49:45 AM »
Point is Miss D ~ As a parent you either want to know EVERYTHING your child is doing or you want to know NOTHING about what your child is doing.
Frankly the way to sanity is the latter option. Impractical I know but it does make for a restful life. They do eventually reach an age when you are better not knowing ...... it is at that point that the little sods start telling you everything. Banghead

You will of course now be accused of breaching her privacy, violating her trust etc etc and you may drive the "affair" underground. What you will never do, unless you place her in a convent, is stop her seeing him or any other boy that takes her eye. Take the pragmatic view. Use this as the opportunity to speak of mutual trust, her good sense (in which YOU have implicit faith) and have a long talk about birds and bees, the ruining of a young life etc etc. Then get her to the doctors for the anti cervical cancer jab ASAP ~ my little "angel" managed to become "sexually active" before we had the chance to get that jab for her and she now does not qualify for it, having ruled herself out by one little bit of nooky. Banghead
When we accepted that we could not be with her 24/24 and that if she was determined to have sex with her BF (OK she is almost 16 but!!!!!) and that my ripping his bollox off would only drive them closer together we made damned sure she was on the pill. She then accused us, based on some spurious stats issued by the school in one of their "Rights without Responsibilities" lessons that by taking the pill for a prolonged period (ie starting it so early in  her life), of almost certainly condemning her to future breast cancer I could have, but didn't, strangled her.

I tell you all this to demonstrate that you need to consider what you say ~ do NOT speak in anger ~ which I know you rightly feel, as did we.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:53:02 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
We are thinking of having the Boy castrated. As a birthday present, like

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »
Point is Miss D ~ As a parent you either want to know EVERYTHING your child is doing or you want to know NOTHING about what your child is doing.

You talk sense Snoops

I was just not prepared for this at 12 !!!!

Maybe in a year or 2 perhaps but not now. I guess that is my naivety  noooo:
Skubber

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »
I am not a parent but have seen this with friends and family, not a pleasant experience but seemingly more and more common.

RTFM

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »
One of Mrs Growlers friends was banned from having boyfriends by her over protective father. Locked her in her room, wouldn't let her out at night etc.

She was 'up the duff' at 16. ::)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
Miss D, I have rather avoided this thread as these problems are deeply personal for both parent and child and the varied opinions of a bunch of virtual friends may hinder rather than help.

I can assure you that the difficulties are quite universal and girls are more of a problem than boys in my experience, probably due to hormonal fluctuations that they must learn to cope with.

There is little you can do apart from worry, and hope that rules you imposed and the examples you set, prove a stronger influence than their peers.

Luckily all mine turned out OK and matured into reasonable people after going through the same kinds of antics.

Snoopy has it all about right.

You are not alone.   happy100
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 09:13:26 AM »
What he said!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 09:20:46 AM »
Miss D, I have rather avoided this thread as these problems are deeply personal for both parent and child and the varied opinions of a bunch of virtual friends may hinder rather than help.

I can assure you that the difficulties are quite universal and girls are more of a problem than boys in my experience, probably due to hormonal fluctuations that they must learn to cope with.

There is little you can do apart from worry, and hope that rules you imposed and the examples you set, prove a stronger influence than their peers.

Luckily all mine turned out OK and matured into reasonable people after going through the same kinds of antics.

Snoopy has it all about right.

You are not alone.   happy100

happ096