Disgusterous

Author Topic: Ok, this is different.  (Read 786 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Ok, this is different.
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »
I like some of the designs on here, but an ejector seat on an ambulance?  eeek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7986460.stm

Its an interesting idea but I just have an image of the accident victim and bystanders getting bombarded by the medic and all his kit as he is flung out of the vehicle.  lol:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Ok, this is different.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
Well anything has got to be an improvement on todays current sheds. eveilgrin:
Converted Tranny's and Merc Sprinters around here. The embarrasment of seeing them 'rush' along on the moptorway at 70 mph with the 'blues' on, with everyone sailing past. redface:
So slow they could double up as hearses tbh, and have a ride in one and they may as well take you straight to the crem.  ::)

What we need are BIG monster twin turbocharged and supercharged nitro powered V12 monsters with air suspension and 4wd capability.  cloud9:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 03:57:26 PM »
 whacky115
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
What we need are BIG monster twin turbocharged and supercharged nitro powered V12 monsters with air suspension and 4wd capability.  cloud9:

Why go half hearted into the design, rip the engine out of a Bugatti Veyron and shove that in instead. A W16 beast that is limited to 250mph could launch an ambulance at a respectable rate.  8)
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:05:07 PM »
whacky115

Yes. Can we help?

No. Thought not.  ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
Well anything has got to be an improvement on todays current sheds. eveilgrin:
Converted Tranny's and Merc Sprinters around here. The embarrasment of seeing them 'rush' along on the moptorway at 70 mph with the 'blues' on, with everyone sailing past. redface:
So slow they could double up as hearses tbh, and have a ride in one and they may as well take you straight to the crem.  ::)

The Blues and Twos used on ambulances are intended to clear traffic out of their way ~ the vehicles and their occupants do not need speed for the sake of speed. They need safe and steady transport. Remember that those in the back are receiving treatment as they are being transported and frankly I would rather travel at 50mph whilst the paramedic is trying to ge a needle into a vein than travel at unsafe speeds risking God knows what en route.
If a patient needs the hospital that quickly then the air ambulance will get them there faster than any "BIG monster twin turbocharged and supercharged nitro powered V12 monsters with air suspension and 4wd capability"

Having been transported by ambulance whilst having a heart attack in the UK and in a similar condition through Paris in a French "ambulance" driven by a boy racer I know which I would prefer.

Incidently the Hampshire Fire Brigade staff that I know tend not to refer to "Blues and Twos" which many of them see as a brash Americanism. They refer to their sirens and lights as the "Excuse mees" because that is what they reckon they are saying 'Scuse me, 'scuse me, 'scuse me. And that is the point ~ they are asking you and other drivers to get out of the way. They are not trying to break a land speed record. ~ certainly not with several thousand litres of water in the back!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
It depends on what the unit is meant for hound. If the plan now is to create new super paramedics who can treat and release patients on the scene then having a vehicle that can go like a bat out of hell can be useful in making them first responders. You can still have the larger traditional style ambulances with detachable pods and suchlike for transporting patients back to the hospital but speed will always be a factor for getting the initial treatment.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
They could actually be driven slowly if needs be you know, but in many cases speed is of the essence. Helicopters are not always able to land where the emergency is.

Anyway, giving it 'the biffters' in a V12 twin turbocharged supercharged nitro powered, air suspended 4wd MONSTER would certainly give the patient a quick burst of adrenalin, thus saving the NHS money!
Sweet ansd sorted ey?  happy088

All comes to me naturally you know. cloud9:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
Hands up all those who want to see Growler driving an ambulance. A Formula 1 ambulance

tunble:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 04:27:23 PM »
It depends on what the unit is meant for hound. If the plan now is to create new super paramedics who can treat and release patients on the scene then having a vehicle that can go like a bat out of hell can be useful in making them first responders. You can still have the larger traditional style ambulances with detachable pods and suchlike for transporting patients back to the hospital but speed will always be a factor for getting the initial treatment.

Frankly kitten I don't trust the friggin doctors so I sure as hell ain't about to put too much faith in a fat arsed staff nurse just because he/she turns up like Starsky and Hutch ~ with the donut grease still on his/her hands.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.