Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fast food police: Caribbean takeaway closed down for opening too close to school  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Ok... So, how many police officers does it take to close down a fast food jointrubschin:

drumroll:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Ok... So, how many police officers does it take to close down a fast food joint?  rubschin:
Well, it looks like four outside and two inside...

Plus an obese council worker of course...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Ok... So, how many police officers does it take to close down a fast food joint?  rubschin:

Depends on how much food there is to be eaten I reckon.  ;D
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

The Daw

Christ They'll be closing down the off-licence next as it's within 400yds of a Mosque and I won't be able to get my Skol Super anymore!  evil:

Daw

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Christ They'll be closing down the off-licence next as it's within 400yds of a Mosque and I won't be able to get my Skol Super anymore!  evil:

Daw
The Muslim behind the counter wouldn't be allowed to serve you it anyway...  noooo:

BTW your emoticons only work after ten interesting posts... some of us on here still can't use them after thousands...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

The Daw

Quote from: Barman link=topic=6013. msg142491#msg142491 date=1240396763
Quote from: The Daw link=topic=6013. msg142477#msg142477 date=1240394580

Daw
The Muslim behind the counter wouldn't be allowed to serve you it anyway. . .   noooo:

BTW your emoticons only work after ten interesting posts. . .  some of us on here still can't use them after thousands. . .   whistle:

I think they are Hindu's as they speak english and don't hate me

Daw

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Quote from: Barman link=topic=6013. msg142491#msg142491 date=1240396763
Quote from: The Daw link=topic=6013. msg142477#msg142477 date=1240394580

Daw
The Muslim behind the counter wouldn't be allowed to serve you it anyway. . .   noooo:

BTW your emoticons only work after ten interesting posts. . .  some of us on here still can't use them after thousands. . .   whistle:

I think they are Hindu's as they speak english and don't hate me

Daw

Prolly Bangladeshi ~ they seem to be muslim but with a very small m when it comes to selling alcohol etc. Allegedly it is OK to sell it but not to drink it.

The Daw

nah they've got a picture of Ganesha the Elephant god on the wall and loads of joss sticks and I know for a fact the old boy who owns it can't stand Pakistani's.   

Daw

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Cool! ~ I like Hindu food. They are vegetarian of course but make marvelous curries and their pasties are to die for.
I was once invited to a Hindu wedding ~ It lasted all day!!! eeek:

The reception and the wedding seemed to take place at the same time and only toward the end of the event is the bride produced and "presented" to the husband. Meanwhile everyone just mills around talking and eating as the two fathers go through a ritual "public" bartering with a priest as a sort of umpire. When the deal is done the father of the groom calls his son forward, the father of the bride hands the girl over to the father of the groom who then gives her to his son.
I was fascinated by the whole thing and my friend who had invited me (Uncle of the bride in fact) asked his twin daughters (both lovely creatures aged about 16/17 wearing gold saris) to help by translating for me and generally make sure I was kept stacked up with food and information about what was happening. These two lovelies spoke with London Accents having been born and bred in North London and made sure I got a good education into many of the customs that the ceremony involved. When I told them that all the formalities were very impressive but I was somewhat disturbed by this "selling" of the bride from one family to another and that I was too western to accept an "arranged marriage" as a concept they laughed until they cried. They then kindly explained that this ceremony was to keep the "Old folks happy" and that "the Bride and Groom had been screwing one another for two years".
All in all an eye opening day.

Offline Nick

I know a joke about a Hindu  whistle:

Welcome Mr Daw
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
I know a joke about a Hindu  whistle:

Welcome Mr Daw

Popcorn:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

You know how to find out  eveilgrin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
He'll try a Scots accent and say "What's a Hindu?" ~ answer "Lays eggs"