Disgusterous

Author Topic: Air Force Dumb  (Read 482 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Air Force Dumb
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »
 noooo: noooo: noooo:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/28/air-force-one-new-york

Video footage has emerged of the moment one of the US president's official planes flew just above Manhattan's financial district, sparking fears among New Yorkers of a September 11-style attack.

The Boeing 747 circled the Statue of Liberty and the lower Manhattan skyline near the World Trade Centre site yesterday morning. Workers evacuated offices and emergency services were inundated with calls.

...... the official explanation for the flyover, which was that it was a photo opportunity, one of a series of flights to get pictures of the president's airliner in front of national landmarks.

Incredible ...deflys belief  whistle:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:48:08 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Air Force Dumb
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »
...... the official explanation for the flyover, which was that it was a photo opportunity, one of a series of flights to get pictures of the president's airliner in front of national landmarks.[/i]

Well they would have used photoshop except the previous administration was caught doctoring photographs with that in the past.  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:13 AM »
I'm not sure which was more typically Yank. The mass hysteria and screams of "Oh my GOD!" heard on the newreels or the sheer stupidity of doing the stunt without telling anyone.

The yelling and screaming was so over the top I expected someone to shout "Ged in d'hole" at any minute.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »
I was half expecting 'patriotic' gangbangers to start trying to shoot the bloody thing down.  happy001
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »
I'm not sure which was more typically Yank. The mass hysteria and screams of "Oh my GOD!" heard on the newreels or the sheer stupidity of doing the stunt without telling anyone.

The yelling and screaming was so over the top I expected someone to shout "Ged in d'hole" at any minute.

Are you not a screamer then Snoops  eyes:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »

Are you not a screamer then Snoops  eyes:

Can't spare the breath these days Miss D ~ I need all the thrust I can muster. eyes:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »
Bloody fan belts eh  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
Absolutely   ;)