Author Topic: Post Office... or pissed office  (Read 733 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Post Office... or pissed office
« on: May 05, 2009, 11:38:34 AM »
It's birthday cards and parcels to be sent out today so I can't avoid a visit to the local PO. evil:  That in itself is a bugbear because the local PO's computer system has shut down so that means going to the main one. The main PO is generally avoided at all costs; you can catch diseases in there, paint falls off the ceiling. The property developer who bought the building did so to build flats on top and when denied planning permission he lost all interest in the place, its maintenance, hygiene etc. It's the pits, an appalling place, not to mention the queues of... well I needn't go on  ::)

A shortish walk to another PO is the only answer. Kerrist! It's like care in the community day  eeek:  Unable to write, hear, speak English, use their chip & pin card machine, keep their belongings and children to themselves. Foul  sick2:
 cussing:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Post Office... or pissed office
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »
http://www.uk-po.co.uk/aboutus/aboutus7q.asp

Royal Mail was accused of "rewarding failure" after disclosing that its chief executive, Adam Crozier, was given a 26 per cent pay rise last year, taking his total package to £1.25 million.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/customerservice1?catId=400144&mediaId=75100716
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »
Of course you could do as I do and buy a card from a local shop, buy the stamps at the same time, write card, address and stamp envelope, write and insert cheque into card, place both in envelope. Walk to Post Box and post it. Any offering that does not receive a "Thank you" letter or phone call strike recipient from all future lists ~ write to tell them and their parents why.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
He said 'parcels'. Is everyone here deaf?

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »
My complaints to the Royal Mail are usually once every few weeks; poor delivery, incorrect delivery, lost mail, the usual  ::)

This is the Post Office which, I believe is no longer connected to the Royal Mail, and yes Snoops, the birthday card was the easy bit; it was the samples to customers that needed the special service from the PO.  evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »

Parcels coupled with Birthday Cards implies Birthday Gifts. Why send them if a cheque would do?

Now that further and better particulars are to hand might I suggest sending a bike?

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »
We have scales and postage chart at work. We do it all here and then simply jump the queue and thrust the parcels through the designated window. Much easier!

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 12:06:54 PM »

Parcels coupled with Birthday Cards implies Birthday Gifts. Why send them if a cheque would do?

Now that further and better particulars are to hand might I suggest sending a bike?

Yep, the thought had occurred to me. Probably an overnight DHL or similar would best; a bike from here to Leamington Spa might be a bit pricey. The thing is, that at this stage in the discussions with the customer it doesn't warrant mega courier expenses.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
We have scales and postage chart at work. We do it all here and then simply jump the queue and thrust the parcels through the designated window. Much easier!

I usually do that and the local PO knows the score... but his systems are down... which is why... etc etc  confused:

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »
My complaints to the Royal Mail are usually once every few weeks; poor delivery, incorrect delivery, lost mail, the usual  ::)

This is the Post Office which, I believe is no longer connected to the Royal Mail, and yes Snoops, the birthday card was the easy bit; it was the samples to customers that needed the special service from the PO.  evil:

PO and Royal Mail remain connected

http://www.royalmailgroup.com/

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »
 rubschin:  Do they talk to each other?

noooo:

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »
Direct Action. Make a bomb! Post it! Short fuse!

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 12:33:17 PM »
And another thing... did anyone hear the Today programme this morning? The debate about the problems the Royal Mail are facing?
I think it the PO Minister Pat McFadden who was being interviewed but not sure.
What patronising tw@t says something like "We would like to have an intelligent conversation about this"  eeek:
Arrogant tosser!

Offline Nick

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
He is a minister = over-promoted Gordo loyalist idiot tosser (over and out)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 01:38:55 PM »
Having spent from 1972 until 1978 as an elected official of the Union Of Post Office Workers and YES a Postie I can tell you when it went wrong (When it was no longer a requirement that to be in PO management you had to have walked the streets with a sack of letters on your back) and why it went wrong (Without the hands on experience ~ perhaps I should say feet on the pavement experience ~ management no longer has a fucking clue as to what the job actually entails). It has nothing to do with industrial relations, it has everything to do with Government interference and a lack of understanding of the basics. Collecting, sorting and delivering the "Universal Service" as required by law is not a matter for ex fast tracked Marks and Spencer "managers" and it requires a commitment not to profits but to the workforce who will deliver the service to a deserving public. Don't blame the posties or those who work in Post Offices up and down the country. They cannot do more with the "tools" who are their managers 95% of whom have never stuffed a letter through anyone's front door or stood behind a counter whilst old ladies prattle on about the contents of a parcel that they want to send to their grandchildren in Australia and will it get there for Christmas (this question usually starts being asked in July)

End of Rant! cussing: