Author Topic: Problems with the VP server  (Read 114610 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Problems with the VP server
« Reply #1815 on: September 25, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
doh: Of course ..... why didn't I think of that!  Banghead

Cos you are a dog...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #1816 on: September 25, 2011, 08:14:57 AM »
doh: Of course ..... why didn't I think of that!  Banghead

Cos you are a dog...  ::)

But I has a sustiferkate

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #1817 on: September 25, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »
It is a 'key' like the ones next to it that say 'New posts' and 'No New Posts'... They refer to the icons against each board...

So if a board had been re-directed somewhere else it would have that icon instead of the New posts or No New posts one...

OK, so why would a board be redirected and who can redirect them and how and to where?

If you are going to give us an explanation of these things, at least make it a complete one.  ::)
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1818 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »
It is a 'key' like the ones next to it that say 'New posts' and 'No New Posts'... They refer to the icons against each board...

So if a board had been re-directed somewhere else it would have that icon instead of the New posts or No New posts one...

OK, so why would a board be redirected and who can redirect them and how and to where?

If you are going to give us an explanation of these things, at least make it a complete one.  ::)

Bad loser aintchya...?  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #1819 on: September 25, 2011, 08:35:44 AM »
.....and don't you have to put up cones and signage and stuff ?
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1820 on: September 25, 2011, 08:42:34 AM »
I'll answer DS.

We don't click on that button to do it, which is why I didn't know about it .... as BM says it is not is clicky button but an indicator that will show up on the thread that has been redirected. Same as the two in front of it .... they are merely symbols to guide users. That row is a "Key" to symbols by way of explanation of what you might see next to posts.

Who can do it? It is something that only Admin  can do .... if, for example, we combine threads.

Why might a board be "redirected"?  If we feel it necessary

As to how ..... by waving our magic Admin Wands and to where? ~ Anywhere we feel is more appropriate 
In Wenchy's day much would have depended on hormones I 'spect so the answer could have been "anywhere we damned well feel like. evil:"

I hope that covers it all.  ;)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1821 on: September 25, 2011, 08:43:18 AM »
.....and don't you have to put up cones and signage and stuff ?

Nope ~ we have supreme power  angel1

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #1822 on: September 25, 2011, 09:21:31 AM »
I'll answer DS.

We don't click on that button to do it, which is why I didn't know about it .... as BM says it is not is clicky button but an indicator that will show up on the thread that has been redirected. Same as the two in front of it .... they are merely symbols to guide users. That row is a "Key" to symbols by way of explanation of what you might see next to posts.

Who can do it? It is something that only Admin  can do .... if, for example, we combine threads.

Why might a board be "redirected"?  If we feel it necessary

As to how ..... by waving our magic Admin Wands and to where? ~ Anywhere we feel is more appropriate 
In Wenchy's day much would have depended on hormones I 'spect so the answer could have been "anywhere we damned well feel like. evil:"

I hope that covers it all.  ;)

Thank you my old dog. My thirst for knowledge is quenched.  :thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1823 on: October 03, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »
Is it a bit slow this arvo or is it my monging connection playing up again...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1824 on: October 03, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
It's not that quick here ..... about usual for all the village kids coming home from school and logging onto Faceache time in fact

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1825 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »
There has been/still is a problem with BT .... that may be the cause as our files are on servers that may have been effected.

3 October 2011 Last updated at 14:50
BT has confirmed that a "power failure" at a major exchange in Birmingham is causing problems for broadband customers across the UK.

Customers have reported problems from as far afield as Belfast, Edinburgh, Swansea and London.

Many users have taken to Twitter to complain that the company is not answering its helpline.

BT has told the BBC it has been made aware of the issue and is working hard to get information to customers.

In a statement, the company said: "We can confirm that, as a result of a power failure at one of our major exchanges, some customers may currently be experiencing loss of broadband service.

"Our engineers are on-site and the majority of customers' service has already been restored. We are working to restore service to remaining customers as soon as possible this afternoon.

"Should any customers continue to experience difficulty in accessing their broadband service, they are advised to turn their Hub or modem off and on again."

The outage has affected both business and home customers.

Carl in Bedford contacted the BBC, saying: "We have lost both our business lines at work and causing us lots of lost revenue as we can no longer do our scheduled remote work on our customer sites.

"It is shocking that a small power issue 150 miles away in Birmingham can have such a huge affect on business customers elsewhere."

Other users reported problems in many other places including Cambridge, Brentford, Wolverhampton and Cornwall.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1826 on: October 03, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »
Could be... I won't kick them up the arse just yet then...  8)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #1827 on: October 03, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
There has been/still is a problem with BT .... that may be the cause as our files are on servers that may have been effected.

3 October 2011 Last updated at 14:50
BT has confirmed that a "power failure" at a major exchange in Birmingham is causing problems for broadband customers across the UK.

Customers have reported problems from as far afield as Belfast, Edinburgh, Swansea and London.

Many users have taken to Twitter to complain that the company is not answering its helpline.

BT has told the BBC it has been made aware of the issue and is working hard to get information to customers.

In a statement, the company said: "We can confirm that, as a result of a power failure at one of our major exchanges, some customers may currently be experiencing loss of broadband service.

"Our engineers are on-site and the majority of customers' service has already been restored. We are working to restore service to remaining customers as soon as possible this afternoon.

"Should any customers continue to experience difficulty in accessing their broadband service, they are advised to turn their Hub or modem off and on again."

The outage has affected both business and home customers.

Carl in Bedford contacted the BBC, saying: "We have lost both our business lines at work and causing us lots of lost revenue as we can no longer do our scheduled remote work on our customer sites.

"It is shocking that a small power issue 150 miles away in Birmingham can have such a huge affect on business customers elsewhere."

Other users reported problems in many other places including Cambridge, Brentford, Wolverhampton and Cornwall.
cussing:

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1828 on: October 03, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
ef·fect  (-fkt)
n.
 Something brought about by a cause or agent

af·fect·ed 1 ( -f k t d). adj. 1. Acted upon, influenced, or changed.

TBH I couldn't give a flying fvck .... We all know what was meant.

Online Nick

« Reply #1829 on: October 03, 2011, 03:14:01 PM »
 Angry9:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile