Author Topic: Clip on Ties  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Clip on Ties
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »
You are Elliot Morley and I claim my £5
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 10:35:36 AM »
Oh well ~ that's a relief.  8)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
I have one school photograph ~ the usual whole class with some standing on benches to raise them up. There are 52 boys and one teacher in the picture. It was taken when I was in 9 in my last year but one at Junior School (Birthday fell so that I was always the youngest in the class hence took 11+ at the age of 10 and so on)

The point is that apart from me I can name no other child in the picture nor can I recall the name of the teacher. This is not a function of age as I could no more have named any of them within five years of leaving school.

In a similar vein I spent 6 years in the RAF after leaving school and I cannot remember a single name of any of my contemporaries. There are one or two particular characters I can recall (Drill Instructors, Commanding Officers etc and of course at least the Christian name of every Waaf I slept with).
SW(used)TBO  always said this shows what a shallow character I really am but in truth when I move on I move on and the past is firmly left behind.

Am I alone in this? So many people I know are still friends with people they were at school with donkey's years ago, have their mates from Uni or the old Regiment etc that they meet from time to time but I just don't do that sort of thing. Anyone else out there like this or am I truly alone?
Who exactly are you again?

Are you the doctor?

What is a 'Snoppy'?
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 10:38:02 AM »
I have one school photograph ~ the usual whole class with some standing on benches to raise them up. There are 52 boys and one teacher in the picture. It was taken when I was in 9 in my last year but one at Junior School (Birthday fell so that I was always the youngest in the class hence took 11+ at the age of 10 and so on)

The point is that apart from me I can name no other child in the picture nor can I recall the name of the teacher. This is not a function of age as I could no more have named any of them within five years of leaving school.

In a similar vein I spent 6 years in the RAF after leaving school and I cannot remember a single name of any of my contemporaries. There are one or two particular characters I can recall (Drill Instructors, Commanding Officers etc and of course at least the Christian name of every Waaf I slept with).
SW(used)TBO  always said this shows what a shallow character I really am but in truth when I move on I move on and the past is firmly left behind.

Am I alone in this? So many people I know are still friends with people they were at school with donkey's years ago, have their mates from Uni or the old Regiment etc that they meet from time to time but I just don't do that sort of thing. Anyone else out there like this or am I truly alone?
Who exactly are you again? F*cked if I know

Are you the doctor? Errrrr ~ I don't think so

What is a 'Snoppy'? A licked out sloppy I imagine

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »

Who exactly are you again? F*cked if I know

Are you the doctor? Errrrr ~ I don't think so

What is a 'Snoppy'? A licked out sloppy I imagine
Perfectly clear and concise.

In which case, the answer to your original question is "probably".
I mostly despair

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »

No Snoopy, like you I can remember my DI, and nearly every RSM I served under, they had the most impact on my life

Offline Nick

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »
After Mrs GOS, of course  whistle:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »

Yes, those NCOs will chase anything.  noooo:
I mostly despair

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 01:12:59 PM »
Have you met Dementia, my beloved?

Offline Nick

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Not knowingly. Is she that lady in Heswall with blue hair and lots of carrier bags in a shopping trolley?

Wears wellingtons
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:21:43 PM by Nick »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 02:01:38 PM »

My best friend at school now lives in America and is a hugely successful lawyer ( now where did I go wrong   rubschin:) - but I am still in touch with her and a few others .

My best friend at Uni - that all ended very badly ( over a bloke needless to say ) so we don't talk anymore  noooo: but still see a few of the others.

Haven't attended any of those godforsaken reunion things though - totally unbearable  noooo:

Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
What is this thread about?  rubschin:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
Ties that bind  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »
Nice try!!  lol:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »
 happ096 Well done that girl!