Disgusterous

Author Topic: Horsepickles  (Read 965 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Horsepickles
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »
Go BUPA, you know it makes sense

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
Back to the original topic, a young female friend of mine has also been diagnosed with Crohn's. At the moment, they are treating it with drugs, but they don't seem to be working too well. A horrible affliction for someone so young.

The Daw

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »
A good friend of mine was rushed into hospital last year with an Ulcerated Colon which in due course ruptured which the doctor's didn't notice at first!!! The poor bastard died 3 times.  12 months on he's a lot better but unfortunatley has a bag now.  Apparently this can happen to anyone for no real apparent reason, makes you bloody think  eeek:

Daw

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 04:49:27 PM »
My friend was due to have to face the rest of his days with a bag - he is only 30 FFS  noooo:

However when they opened him up they were surprised  that some of the area affected had actually repaired itself from his scan several weeks earlier. Sometimes the body can do miraculous things - other times it does it's best to work against you  evil:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
It doesn't do to think too deeply on these matters.

A few years ago, in an idle moment, I totted up the figures given by various scientific researchers and the like + those issued from time to time in utterances made by Government ministers.
You know the sort of thing: "Smoking is responsible for 2,150,000 deaths per year" "Heart Attacks Kill 3.5 million people in the UK" "Obesity is the biggest drain on the NHS it causes 5million deaths a year" "1.6 million die each year from infected wounds" "3,700 farmers commit suicide each year due to bankruptcy" etc etc ~ all good headline grabbing stuff.

Anyway once I had added them all up, or at least all those I could find on the internet, I looked at the national statistics for deaths in the UK and bugger me if several tens of thousands fewer people had actually died than was the total of those claimed in these pronouncements.

All that said I sympathise with anyone who has a "terminal or debilitating illness" ~ never sure if it is worse for them or for their friends and families.
In my own case I feel very sorry for myself at times and at other times I simply accept matters are as they are and look back with fond memories on a life well lived. It cannot be easy for the wife and kids I know so I try not to let my own fears show too often.

On the positive side I was told 6 months before my 42 birthday that I would not live to see it. I shall be 62 in July. So much for Doctors!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.