Disgusterous

Author Topic: Immaculate people  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Immaculate people
« on: June 27, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
Most of the time I look like Worzel Gummidge. I naturally tend towards the untidy. Even a new suit is crumpled like disused wrapping paper after about 90 seconds, so i only buy scrumpled linen suits nowadays and then they look like rags too. New t shirt. White. Let's all have spag bol. Oh

New cream coloured jacket. Whoops, ketchup  noooo:

Brush hair? Looks like I have been electrocuted after only 5 minutes.  I have stopped trying  noooo:

My neighbour is ALWAYS immaculate. Trousers with razor sharp creases, flawless shirts, hair that looks like he has just had it cut, polished shoes.

I have just been out for a stroll. He is gardening. Gardening in a three piece suit, white shirt, tie with a Windsor knot and spotless green wellies.

Are some people just born neat?

I should add that his house and his car are also almost supernaturally clean and tidy. Even after howling gales, torrential rain and stuff his garden looks like a display at the Chelsea Flower Show.

He is sooooooooooo annoying
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:02:54 PM by Nick »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Immaculate people
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
Most of the time I look like Worzel Gummidge. I naturally tend towards the untidy. Even a new suit is crumpled like disused wrapping paper after about 90 seconds, so i only buy scrumpled linen suits nowadays and then they look like rags too. New t shirt. White. Let's all have spag bol. Oh

New cream coloured jacket. Whoops, ketchup  noooo:

Brush hair? Looks like I have been electrocuted after only 5 minutes.  I have stopped trying  noooo:

My neighbour is ALWAYS immaculate. Trousers with razor sharp creases, flawless shirts, hair that looks like he has just had it cut, polished shoes.

I have just been out for a stroll. He is gardening. Gardening in a three piece suit, white short, tie with a Windsor knot and spotless green wellies.

From my observations the short answer is YES.

In my twelve months as a Drill Instructor I quickly learned that some recruits would look good the minute they put on the uniform, whilst others look like a bag o' shit tied in the middle no matter how hard they try. Some can be taught to look after their clothes and it does become second nature (you only have to look in my wardrobe to see that you never revert to total scuff order) although with the passing years I have tended toward a more "casual" look BUT shoes are always cleaned to a high shine (except the suede ones), trousers have a crease, shirts MUST be ironed just so (I tend to do my own ironing) and so forth.

I have known some who couldn't keep a crease in a pair of trouser even standing still, they were usually the ones who could not march without swinging the same side arm and leg rather than the opposing limbs. We normally gave them a hard time for six weeks and then spoke to the Medical Officer and got shot of them as "Psychologically Unsuited to Service Life".
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »
have known some who couldn't keep a crease in a pair of trouser even standing still, they were usually the ones who could not march without swinging the same side arm and leg rather than the opposing limbs. We normally gave them a hard time for six weeks and then spoke to the Medical Officer and got shot of them as "Psychologically Unsuited to Service Life".
  redface:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 05:07:07 PM »
Doing gardening in that sort of attire is just plain madness ....he either hasn't got any other sort of clothes in his wardrobe or has some sort of obsession over his appearance.

I have to be appropriately and smartly dressed at work all week and so weekends are my time to wear more relaxed clothes - not scruffy though - I am still quite self conscious in that respect  redface: - but if you don't give a fig what other people think then what the heck - be comfortable and happy.

Though I have to say a man dressed smartly in a suit is  eyes:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »
I realise that I have never seen him in anything other than fairly formal clothing. I suspect he does not possess a t shirt or jeans. hence gardening in a suit, I guess

He is divorced if you would like his address  eyes:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
He sounds like he has enough problems  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »
He plays golf  noooo: I imagine he has special golf clothes, the big preening nancyboy

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »
What are earth are golf clothes all about -   whacky115

Honestly - the stripes , plaid and polo shirts with alligators on them - status symbols of pomposity if ever there was one  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »
He has gadgets too. He is usually plugged into to loads of little devices. Earpieces and such. I saw him walking down the road after dark one night and he looked like a robot, with little blue lights all over him  rubschin:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
This week, I have mostly given up... though some say I scrub up nicely for special occasions  8)

Fortunately, I'm not expected to dress like an accountant  cloud9:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »
Why do accountants ALWAYS wear grey?

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 10:56:03 PM »
I seem to be incapable of remaining neat for more than 20 mins. In that time I will spill something, crease something, smudge something. It's a nightmare. No matter how hard I try I just can't remain tidy.  noooo:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 04:22:00 AM »

New cream coloured jacket. Whoops, ketchup  noooo:

Brush hair? Looks like I have been electrocuted after only 5 minutes.  I have stopped trying  noooo:

I have just been out for a stroll. He is gardening. Gardening in a three piece suit, white short, tie with a Windsor knot and spotless green wellies.

From my observations the short answer is YES.

In my twelve months as a Drill Instructor I quickly learned that some recruits would look good the minute they put on the uniform, whilst others look like a bag o' shit tied in the middle no matter how hard they try. Some can be taught to look after their clothes and it does become second nature (you only have to look in my wardrobe to see that you never revert to total scuff order) although with the passing years I have tended toward a more "casual" look BUT shoes are always cleaned to a high shine (except the suede ones), trousers have a crease, shirts MUST be ironed just so (I tend to do my own ironing) and so forth.

I have known some who couldn't keep a crease in a pair of trouser even standing still, they were usually the ones who could not march without swinging the same side arm and leg rather than the opposing limbs. We normally gave them a hard time for six weeks and then spoke to the Medical Officer and got shot of them as "Psychologically Unsuited to Service Life".
SNOOPY!! A DI? Respect dude!

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 04:25:04 AM »
Why do accountants ALWAYS wear grey?
Why do members of SAGA wear beige? One of life's imponderables?

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 04:26:22 AM »
I seem to be incapable of remaining neat for more than 20 mins. In that time I will spill something, crease something, smudge something. It's a nightmare. No matter how hard I try I just can't remain tidy.  noooo:
Maybe you are genetically predisposed to being naked at all times