Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1052802 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #2040 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »
Why do you think I carry the axe  evil:

I'm sure there is a 007in joke in there somewhere but I'm not daft enough to try.  scared:

Anyhoo,  speaking of daft isn't it bad form to use your powers on BM Darwin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089605/Gunman-shoots-hat-starring-barrel-jammed-shotgun.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2041 on: January 21, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
Why do you think I carry the axe  evil:

I'm sure there is a 007in joke in there somewhere but I'm not daft enough to try.  scared:

Anyhoo,  speaking of daft isn't it bad form to use your powers on BM Darwin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089605/Gunman-shoots-hat-starring-barrel-jammed-shotgun.html

AFFS!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #2042 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
I see Paul Daniels has sawn his own hand off  point:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2043 on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »
I see Paul Daniels has sawn his own hand off  point:

Finger...  ::)

Paul Daniels' finger reattached after saw accident

A surgeon has reattached TV magician Paul Daniels' finger after he cut it off with a saw on New Year's Day.

Daniels, 73, lost his left index finger and the tip of his ring finger in an accident with a circular saw while building props for his act.

He drove himself from his Berkshire home to hospital in Henley-on-Thames, where the index finger was reattached.

Speaking to the BBC, Daniels said that the accident will not affect his upcoming theatre tour, but he has prepared a back-up plan.

"I decided that I had best write a plan A and a plan B. Plan A is that everything is working fine and plan B is that we take that trick out, because I physically cannot do it yet.

"The tour will go ahead - everything will be fine," he added.

Linky
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #2044 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
He liked that .....but not a lot. whistle:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2045 on: January 21, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
Ok how the hell do you not realise that you have just shot a nail into your brain? Surely the hole in your forehead and the blood and CSF leaking out would have given a clue at least.  eeek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16663332
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2046 on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
In answer to your question ....... He's muricane  ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2047 on: January 21, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
Looking at the x-ray surely the nail went in from the back of his skull.  rubschin:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2048 on: January 21, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »
Boy or girl? The parents who refused to say for FIVE years finally reveal sex of their 'gender-neutral' child

I read this last night and thought I'd had too much collapso...  noooo:

His fairy wings, pink tutu and ballet pumps suggest this little boy has raided the dressing up box.

But if five-year-old Sasha wanted to wear this every day, his parents would have no problem at all.

In fact, as they are bringing him up to be ‘gender neutral’, they would see it simply as their son expressing himself.

Not that they usually refer to him as ‘him’. From the moment Sasha was born, Beck Laxton and Kieran Cooper have been at pains not to lumber their son with the stereotyping they fear that gender brings.

So they simply called him ‘the infant’ and kept his gender a secret from all but a few close friends and relatives. As he grew older, he was encouraged to play with dolls as much as Lego, slept in a neutral yellow room and was allowed to wear both boys’ and girls’ clothes.

But now that he is five and at school Miss Laxton, 46, and Mr Cooper, 44, believe it will be almost impossible to keep it up.

Last year parents in Canada who refused to say whether their child was a boy or girl stirred up outrage and accusations they were turning their child into a freak.

Sasha’s parents, who have faced their own share of raised eyebrows, are thought to be among the first British parents to speak about this far-from-traditional method of raising a child. They are keen to highlight the issue publicly and get other parents talking about it.

Poor kid - he'll be beaten to death as skool....

Bad memories, huh, BM?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2049 on: January 21, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
Boy or girl? The parents who refused to say for FIVE years finally reveal sex of their 'gender-neutral' child

His fairy wings, pink tutu and ballet pumps suggest this little boy has raided the dressing up box.

But if five-year-old Sasha wanted to wear this every day, his parents would have no problem at all.

In fact, as they are bringing him up to be ‘gender neutral’, they would see it simply as their son expressing himself.

Not that they usually refer to him as ‘him’. From the moment Sasha was born, Beck Laxton and Kieran Cooper have been at pains not to lumber their son with the stereotyping they fear that gender brings.

So they simply called him ‘the infant’ and kept his gender a secret from all but a few close friends and relatives. As he grew older, he was encouraged to play with dolls as much as Lego, slept in a neutral yellow room and was allowed to wear both boys’ and girls’ clothes.

But now that he is five and at school Miss Laxton, 46, and Mr Cooper, 44, believe it will be almost impossible to keep it up.

Last year parents in Canada who refused to say whether their child was a boy or girl stirred up outrage and accusations they were turning their child into a freak.

Sasha’s parents, who have faced their own share of raised eyebrows, are thought to be among the first British parents to speak about this far-from-traditional method of raising a child. They are keen to highlight the issue publicly and get other parents talking about it.

Bad memories, huh, BM?

sad24:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2050 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09:25 PM »

As long as they balance the Ballet and Pony Club with equal portions of Kung-Fu and Rugby 'it' should be OK.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2051 on: January 21, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »

As long as they balance the Ballet and Pony Club with equal portions of Kung-Fu and Rugby 'it' should be OK.

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2052 on: January 22, 2012, 10:11:05 AM »
I could suggest this as your next project after Me mi but LL may end up putting you under the patio  lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089891/A-Porsche-TV-Cadillac-Sofa--Meet-petrolhead-decked-living-room-crashed-cars.html

I suppose you could always use a smart car and decorate the minima.  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2053 on: January 22, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
I could suggest this as your next project after Me mi but LL may end up putting you under the patio  lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089891/A-Porsche-TV-Cadillac-Sofa--Meet-petrolhead-decked-living-room-crashed-cars.html

I suppose you could always use a smart car and decorate the minima.  rubschin:

Corgi or Matchbox....?  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2054 on: January 26, 2012, 07:06:53 AM »
Lego Man in Space

A video posted on YouTube appeared to show the amazing voyage of a Lego man sent into space on a homemade spacecraft by two Toronto students.
Mathew Ho and Asad Muhammad, both 17, used a weather balloon ordered online and a makeshift Styrofoam spacecraft to send the plastic astronaut 15 miles into the stratosphere, reports said.

An accelerated video clip  shows highlights of the Lego man during his 97-minute odyssey.

Canadian media said the pair had fitted a box tethered to the balloon with four cameras and a cellphone enabled with a GPS (global positioning system) device to capture the journey.
They then added a nylon parachute stitched on Mr Muhammad's mother's sewing machine to ensure that Lego man would return to Earth safely.
The balloon was filled with helium purchased from a party supply store.
The whole enterprise cost less than £320.

The duo then consulted a website to calculate the estimated landing spot of the weather balloon based on launch coordinates, prevailing winds and other data before launching it from a soccer pitch in nearby Newmarket, Ontario.

At four miles in altitude, the balloon travelled out of cell phone range and the GPS signal also cut out, so they went home and reportedly made dumplings.

Then Ho's iPad beeped. The Lego man had re-entered the atmosphere and touched down in a field 75 miles from the launch point.

rubschin:
Skubber