Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1052827 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #2070 on: January 28, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »
All very sad but what has this to do with us?

Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2071 on: January 28, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #2072 on: January 28, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »
All very sad but what has this to do with us?

We're all very caring people and we'd never laugh at anybody else's misfortune  angel1
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2073 on: January 28, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »
As much as I'd like to see her kept in service till her replacement is complete if they are going to sell the Ark Royal off then converting her to a mobile hospital is the most worthwhile option.  :thumbsup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092987/Will-HMS-Ark-Royal-turned-international-floating-hospital.html

it should be back in service with a load of Harriers on it!  cussing:

I know it should be but seeing as the only options at the moment involve either this, turning into scrap or selling to a private owner to turn into a Chinese aircraft carrier floating nightclub I'd go with the hospital.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #2074 on: January 28, 2012, 05:15:05 PM »
Preferably in the Falklands. Oops, sorry, The French are always happy to share their carriers. ANd sell Exocets to the Argentinians  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2075 on: January 28, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »
[rant]Even if we sent it to the Falklands it wouldn't be much more than a floating target as we mothballed and sold most of the Harriers to the yanks for peanuts after spending a fortune upgrading and refitting the bloody things. Hell the only thing that doesn't seem to be getting reduced in these defence review has been the fucking bureaucrats in the MOD.

As for using the French aircraft carrier if/when the Falklands does kick off even if Sarkozy wasn't a petulant little homunculus the presidential elections are this year and something tells me that whatever agreement we are supposed to have will fall flat as he desperately tries to keep his worthless arse in office and risking French casualties from weapons they allowed to be sold to Argentina would likely be the final straw.[/rant]
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2076 on: January 28, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
[rant]Even if we sent it to the Falklands it wouldn't be much more than a floating target as we mothballed and sold most of the Harriers to the yanks for peanuts after spending a fortune upgrading and refitting the bloody things. Hell the only thing that doesn't seem to be getting reduced in these defence review has been the fucking bureaucrats in the MOD.

As for using the French aircraft carrier if/when the Falklands does kick off even if Sarkozy wasn't a petulant little homunculus the presidential elections are this year and something tells me that whatever agreement we are supposed to have will fall flat as he desperately tries to keep his worthless arse in office and risking French casualties from weapons they allowed to be sold to Argentina would likely be the final straw.[/rant]

happ096

I see the odious little garlic muncher has just announced that he is pulling all of his troops out of Afghanistan....  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #2077 on: January 28, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »

happ096

I see the odious little garlic muncher has just announced that he is pulling all of his troops out of Afghanistan....  ::)

You forgot the 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey' bit - which, given the context of the rest of the discussion, is surely a tad relevant?

censored:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2078 on: January 28, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

happ096

You forgot the 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey' bit - which, given the context of the rest of the discussion, is surely a tad relevant?

censored:

Cheese eating, garlic munching surrender-monkey cunt boy!  cussing:

Okay...?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #2079 on: January 29, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »

happ096

censored:

Okay...?  whistle:

Now we're getting there . . .

:thumbsup:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2080 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »

happ096

censored:

Okay...?  whistle:

Now we're getting there . . .

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2081 on: January 29, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
I did consider using cheese eating surrender monkey during my rant but didn't want to be greedy with the insults.  8)

Offline Nick

« Reply #2082 on: January 29, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2084 on: January 29, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »