Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1053582 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #3555 on: July 30, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10208901/Go-home-immigration-posters-are-already-working-Downing-Street-claims.html

It may be a start, not too sure about how successful it might really be though.  rubschin:

If Camermong says it is working it isn't... he is a liar, it is bullshit... it is something the useless c**t can seen to be doing while thousands die because of his ridiculous policies in other areas...

Hang him now....
How do you know he is lying?  All he's said is officials have told him they have received more expressions of interest since the posters were used.  The rest is all Maily Telegraph invective.

I think they've worked splendidly but in another way.  A whole host of pseuds and bleeding hearts have come out from under stones to bleat how unfair they are only to realise they have managed to make themselves look like total twats supporting crime.  With luck they'll STFU for ever now - a real result.

Just out of interest would you rather have your politicians or ours?

He is lying because the whole thing is a pointless, implausible scam.... oh, and he always lies...

Really, if you were an illegal (and they have admitted that they don't know how many are there or where they are) would you keep your head down and face possible arrest and deportation or hand yourself in to face certain arrest and deportation....?

I don't think there is a lot to choose between the two sets to be honest - you just have more of them than us...

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3556 on: July 30, 2013, 11:34:12 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10208901/Go-home-immigration-posters-are-already-working-Downing-Street-claims.html

It may be a start, not too sure about how successful it might really be though.  rubschin:

If Camermong says it is working it isn't... he is a liar, it is bullshit... it is something the useless c**t can seen to be doing while thousands die because of his ridiculous policies in other areas...

Hang him now....
How do you know he is lying?  All he's said is officials have told him they have received more expressions of interest since the posters were used.  The rest is all Maily Telegraph invective.

I think they've worked splendidly but in another way.  A whole host of pseuds and bleeding hearts have come out from under stones to bleat how unfair they are only to realise they have managed to make themselves look like total twats supporting crime.  With luck they'll STFU for ever now - a real result.

Just out of interest would you rather have your politicians or ours?

He is lying because the whole thing is a pointless, implausible scam.... oh, and he always lies...

Really, if you were an illegal (and they have admitted that they don't know how many are there or where they are) would you keep your head down and face possible arrest and deportation or hand yourself in to face certain arrest and deportation....?

I don't think there is a lot to choose between the two sets to be honest - you just have more of them than us...

The good thing here.. we all know they lie and feather their beds.......

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3557 on: July 30, 2013, 11:44:50 AM »
I always have this difficulty with people that mis-use the word "lie".  I guess the way the interweb is destroying language it won't be too many years before the Oxford Dictionary says "lie:  a statement you dislike, particularly if made by someone you dislike"

Anyway these signs.  If they make just one illegal or employer of illegals scared witless than it's all been worth it imho.

Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3558 on: July 30, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »
I always have this difficulty with people that mis-use the word "lie".  I guess the way the interweb is destroying language it won't be too many years before the Oxford Dictionary says "lie:  a statement you dislike, particularly if made by someone you dislike"

Anyway these signs.  If they make just one illegal or employer of illegals scared witless than it's all been worth it imho.

Almost every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie... remember his cast Iron guarantee...?

It isn't that I 'dislike' him or his statement, it is that he and many like him simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth...

As for the signs.... to spend god knows how much on such a ludicrous headline grabbing scheme while 600 pensioners die unexpectedly every week due to increased costs and cuts is disgusting in the extreme....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3562 on: July 30, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »

Almost every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie... remember his cast Iron guarantee...?  , , ,
Yep, do you?

Quote from: Cameron
"Today, I will give this cast-iron guarantee: If I become PM a Conservative government will hold a referendum on any EU treaty that emerges from these negotiations. No treaty should be ratified without consulting the British people in a referendum."

And he hasn't got a Conservative government yet has he.  IIRC he has recently committed that the next Conservative government will hold that very referendum.

"Liar" is a very strong accusation.  It is arguably the foulest non violent behaviour. 

Offline Steve

• Power Poster

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3564 on: July 30, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »
"Liar" is a very strong accusation.  It is arguably the foulest non violent behaviour.

You may not like the term.... you may even find it disgusting....

But like it or not, politicians lie to us all the time.

Every manifesto pledge that is not fulfilled is a lie.

The smoking ban that was not going to happen - a lie.

When they started that web site to ask what laws the people wanted repealed... a lie.

Global warming - a lie.

Second hand smoke - a lie.

When they blame rising energy costs on increasing fuel prices - a lie.

In fact, politics would be in a much better state if more lies were picked up on instead of glossed over...

Quite frankly, we've reached the stage now where politicians lie so much we don't even expect them to tell the truth any more... so they don't bother.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #3565 on: July 30, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »

You may not like the term.... you may even find it disgusting....

But like it or not, politicians lie to us all the time.

Every manifesto pledge that is not fulfilled is a lie.

The smoking ban that was not going to happen - a lie.

When they started that web site to ask what laws the people wanted repealed... a lie.

Global warming - a lie.

Second hand smoke - a lie.

When they blame rising energy costs on increasing fuel prices - a lie.

In fact, politics would be in a much better state if more lies were picked up on instead of glossed over...

Quite frankly, we've reached the stage now where politicians lie so much we don't even expect them to tell the truth any more... so they don't bother.

^^^^^ Wot 'e sed! ^^^^^      :thumbsup:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3567 on: July 30, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381287/Local-newspaper-advert-Enterprise-car-rental-offers-oral-sex-customers-leading-publisher-calling-police.html

;D Thumbs:

happy001
happy001 happy001

Oh the fun we could have if we only had that hackers know how

It must have been an awful blow to the editor.  noooo:
happy001

I do think we should avoid serious politics in the Saloon, very bad form imho and I apologise for my part in that.  Should BM and I and Marley adjourn to the commons (pun?)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3568 on: July 30, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »
. . . serious politics in the Saloon . . .

Shrugs:

Did I miss something?
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3569 on: July 30, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »
. . . serious politics in the Saloon . . .

Shrugs:

Did I miss something?
seems luckily you did.  It was of course more accurately what passes for serious politics but it was all rather bad form and I would not advise you looking at earlier posts in this thread