Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1054098 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #4170 on: December 07, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »
'Cool Cash' card confusion

A LOTTERY scratchcard has been withdrawn from sale by Camelot - because players couldn't understand it.

The Cool Cash game - launched on Monday - was taken out of shops yesterday after some players failed to grasp whether or not they had won.

To qualify for a prize, users had to scratch away a window to reveal a temperature lower than the figure displayed on each card. As the game had a winter theme, the temperature was usually below freezing.

But the concept of comparing negative numbers proved too difficult for some Camelot received dozens of complaints on the first day from players who could not understand how, for example, -5 is higher than -6.

Tina Farrell, from Levenshulme, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

The 23-year-old, who said she had left school without a maths GCSE, said: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

"I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #4171 on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »
Aaaarrggghhhhhhh  cussing:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #4172 on: December 07, 2013, 08:18:34 PM »
Bloody hell, you should have said there was gonna be a quiz at the end Banghead  Hang on, I'll go and have another look... but there were a couple where I thought I wouldn't mind being stiff in that

lol: lol: lol:  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4173 on: December 07, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »
'Cool Cash' card confusion

A LOTTERY scratchcard has been withdrawn from sale by Camelot - because players couldn't understand it.

The Cool Cash game - launched on Monday - was taken out of shops yesterday after some players failed to grasp whether or not they had won.

To qualify for a prize, users had to scratch away a window to reveal a temperature lower than the figure displayed on each card. As the game had a winter theme, the temperature was usually below freezing.

But the concept of comparing negative numbers proved too difficult for some Camelot received dozens of complaints on the first day from players who could not understand how, for example, -5 is higher than -6.

Tina Farrell, from Levenshulme, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

The 23-year-old, who said she had left school without a maths GCSE, said: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

"I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead

cussing: cussing: cussing: cussing:

Offline Nick

« Reply #4174 on: December 07, 2013, 08:40:51 PM »
We are surrounded by idiots  Banghead Banghead Banghead
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Nick

« Reply #4176 on: December 07, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
Daily Fail fails to realise that Oxygen is not flammable noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4177 on: December 07, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »
Daily Fail fails to realise that Oxygen is not flammable noooo:

Quite right...

I don't read newspapers ever... but from the articles from the Daily Fail that people link to it appears that they are tending towards the "WW2 bomber found on the moon Daily Star school of reporting"...   noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #4178 on: December 08, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »
Quote from: Daily Fail
As she brought the light to her cigarette it set fire to the oxygen emitting from the nearby medical equipment, causing the gas to explode in her face.

We are surrounded by idiots. I'll lay odds the fecking author has a degree too . .

Banghead

Added to which (as someone who uses medical oxygen at home) there are abundant warnings about naked lights, smoking etc.  and it would have been explained to her by the local oxygen delivery service (Dolby Vivisol in my instance - good opportunity for some high fidelity jokes in that name!).
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #4180 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »
BM will love that  :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4181 on: December 11, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
 Shocked:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #4182 on: December 11, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »
Why do you have a red elephant on your bucket?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4183 on: December 11, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
Why do you have a red elephant on your bucket?

Why do you have a corpse in your chair...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs: