Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1054813 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #5265 on: July 30, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/hsbc-angers-muslim-leaders-by-closing-account-of-controversial-finsbury-park-mosque-9637741.html

"The north London mosque, where infamous cleric Abu Hamza used to preach, learned in a letter from HSBC on July 22 that the banking relationship would end because it “now falls outside of our risk appetite”."

A good phrase to use when declining to opt for the Chicken Vindaloo or deciding not to holiday in West Africa   rubschin:

lol: lol: lol:
lol: lol: lol: lol:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5266 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »
What kind of a dickhead thinks "I'm a bit bored in this oxygen chamber, I know I'll have a cigarette as nobody can see me"  eeek:

Health and safety experts together with firemen who investigated the explosion said that the man's body had been completely charred and that they found a melted lighter, which they believed caused the explosion.

But Mr Hung's family are now demanding to know why his lighter wasn't taken away.

I'm guessing it wasn't taken away because the hospital staff didn't think anyone would be that stupid. Hell not even Nick is that daft.  noooo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2711646/Patient-killed-blowing-hospital-ward-decided-smoke-cigarette-undergoing-treatment-high-pressure-oxygen-chamber.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5267 on: July 31, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »
What kind of a dickhead thinks "I'm a bit bored in this oxygen chamber, I know I'll have a cigarette as nobody can see me"  eeek:

Health and safety experts together with firemen who investigated the explosion said that the man's body had been completely charred and that they found a melted lighter, which they believed caused the explosion.

But Mr Hung's family are now demanding to know why his lighter wasn't taken away.

I'm guessing it wasn't taken away because the hospital staff didn't think anyone would be that stupid. Hell not even Nick is that daft.  noooo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2711646/Patient-killed-blowing-hospital-ward-decided-smoke-cigarette-undergoing-treatment-high-pressure-oxygen-chamber.html

lol: lol: lol:

Oh, Mr. Darwin Sir! worthy:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #5268 on: July 31, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5269 on: August 01, 2014, 03:45:19 AM »
What in the hell was the father thinking?? "Here son I'll just lift you over the safety fence so that you can feed and stroke the tiger"  eeek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2712043/Boy-11-hand-torn-tiger-Brazilian-zoo-father-let-climb-safety-barrier-stroke-cage.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5270 on: August 01, 2014, 04:00:38 AM »
What in the hell was the father thinking?? "Here son I'll just lift you over the safety fence so that you can feed and stroke the tiger"  eeek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2712043/Boy-11-hand-torn-tiger-Brazilian-zoo-father-let-climb-safety-barrier-stroke-cage.html

Thass a trip to the zoo he'll never forget....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5271 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:36 AM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5273 on: August 04, 2014, 04:46:57 AM »
Entrepreneur builds private toll road after landslip

How excellent!  Thumbs:

And the reaction of the pathetic council jobsworths...?

Quote from: A Knob
"We appreciate the difficulties that local residents have experienced since the emergency closure and work has started to deliver a permanent solution as quickly as possible, but will not encourage proposals that have not been proven to be safe or compliant with statutory requirements.

"The council has no details to confirm the toll road design meets safety standards and no evidence that insurances are in place for any member of the public who uses the private toll road."

Wankah:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #5275 on: August 04, 2014, 09:17:12 AM »
Woman dies after flying to Gatwick from Ebola hit Sierra Leone

eeek:

Oh look, just a few lines into the article:

"A spokeswoman for the Department of Health said a test for Ebola had come back negative."

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5276 on: August 04, 2014, 11:59:36 PM »

eeek:

Infection control and general hygiene in the developed world would limit any outbreak of Ebola. The nightmare scenario is if there is an Ebola Reston style mutation or the existing Reston strain manages to jump the species barrier as a form of this virus that is airborne would make the Spanish flu look like the common cold.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5277 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »

eeek:

Infection control and general hygiene in the developed world would limit any outbreak of Ebola. The nightmare scenario is if there is an Ebola Reston style mutation or the existing Reston strain manages to jump the species barrier as a form of this virus that is airborne would make the Spanish flu look like the common cold.

scared2: scared2: scared2:

sort of makes the Mr Stew risks sound trvial
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5278 on: August 05, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
True but bear in mind that is the absolute worst case, the worker at the monkey house who did test positive for the virus didn't progress to becoming infected by it. The current thinking is that the Reston strain has a very low chance to jump species although it is still a slight possibility.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5279 on: August 05, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
True but bear in mind that is the absolute worst case, the worker at the monkey house who did test positive for the virus didn't progress to becoming infected by it. The current thinking is that the Reston strain has a very low chance to jump species although it is still a slight possibility.

I bet Nick gets it first.... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs: