Disgusterous

Author Topic: I have to go to Muntchester  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: I have to go to Muntchester
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »
Oh, you Northerners. I am so glad that I am spending at least the next 6 weeks 1000 miles south of you, in the land of Sophia Loren impersonators.

Not a munter in site, tee hee.Tonight a suckling pig barbecue in the pine forest, with lots of Barolo. Hosted by Monica Belluci. Please feel free to Google that name.
Are you on the Isle of Wight...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline beerhead

• Wet behind the ears
  • Not quite a regular
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
Yep. Mis Creant, that's the lady. She's cooking tonight (and every night if you believe the video). And as I understand it, the Isle of Wight was the last part of the UK to become Christian. I would propose that the North West was the first part of the UK to renounce Christianity.

Time to have a shower and head up the hill.
Not quite a regular ! Regular as clockwork me !

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
Dunno about the IoW and Christianity but the Romans liked it because "There are no wolves on Vectis".

It is also worthy of note that Queen Victoria was so concerned at the amount of in-breeding on the IoW that she asked Lord Palmerston to build a number of forts and garrison soldiers on the Island to thin out the bloodlines.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »
I am so glad that I am spending at least the next 6 weeks 1000 miles south of you, in the land of Sophia Loren impersonators.

I have heard of these transvestite holidays, not really my cup of tea but I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

We look forward to seeing the photos on your return.
I mostly despair

Offline beerhead

• Wet behind the ears
  • Not quite a regular
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
Sending in squaddies, that will really improve the gene pool. And DS, stick to twizzling your turkeys.
Not quite a regular ! Regular as clockwork me !

Offline Nick

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »
I am so glad that I am spending at least the next 6 weeks 1000 miles south of you, in the land of Sophia Loren impersonators.

I have heard of these transvestite holidays, not really my cup of tea but I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

We look forward to seeing the photos on your return.

They are bound to be unconvincing  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 04:22:34 AM »
Dunno about the IoW and Christianity but the Romans liked it because "There are no wolves on Vectis".

It is also worthy of note that Queen Victoria was so concerned at the amount of in-breeding on the IoW that she asked Lord Palmerston to build a number of forts and garrison soldiers on the Island to thin out the bloodlines.
Was that the husband of Lady Palmerston... with the five virgin daughters...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »

Was that the husband of Lady Palmerston... with the five virgin daughters...?  rubschin:

This is the one that had many affairs, was Minister of War for many years and eventually PM. His statue stands in Palmerston Park, Southampton and he lived at Broadlands, Romsey, later home of Lord Mountbatten. Of his daughters I know nothing.

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »

This is the one that had many affairs, was Minister of War for many years and eventually PM. His statue stands in Palmerston Park, Southampton and he lived at Broadlands, Romsey, later home of Lord Mountbatten. Of his daughters I know nothing.

Unusual for you  whistle:
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »
 evil:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 02:15:27 PM »

Unusual for you  whistle:

It's just his memory. It was over 100 years ago after all.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »

Was that the husband of Lady Palmerston... with the five virgin daughters...?  rubschin:

Unusual for you  whistle:

It's just his memory. It was over 100 years ago after all.

Good point, well made.  ;D

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 08:21:35 AM »
Back to Muntchester to pick up lil Bruvver today. Lunchtime arrival so that'll mean at least ?10 in the short stay car park and he'll be gagging for several pints of British beer. May be a looooooooooooooooong afternoon and I have a committee meeting this evening  noooo:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »
 noooo:  Not a good day for you then? happy100
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd